San Diego to Anchorage: The Grapes of Rat

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by vermin, Jul 15, 2008.

1. RyanIsMyName

RyanIsMyName Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like the title "Cack Comes Back" too.

Can any of you artist-types create some kind of logo/banner with the title? I remember someone doing a sketch of Phil and one of his kids on Cack that was really good.
  2. vermin

vermin unrepentant thinner

Oddometer:
    It is time for the passage of the torch. why don't you start the thread with a little background on your sitchu. Cack comes back will work for now.

I have been sooooo excited all day I need to take a grumpy old man afternoon nap

Verm
  3. GatorJane

GatorJane Ghost Writer

Oddometer:

Snicker, snicker.

Hey, I just realized how much "fun" you are gonna have "explaining" that machine- and what the heck YOU are doing on it- to whoever asks you about it, all along the way. I'm sure The Verm doesn't have any difficulty smiling ear-to-ear while breaking into prose concerning his deep-seated affection for the beast.... do ya think you can cough up a believable enough tale when Officer John Law is giving you both the furrowed-brow??? :wink:
  4. RyanIsMyName

Oddometer:

Seriously. I can't wait to be pulled over on THAT bike, in CA, with Michigan plates, and a Maryland license. He's going to think the trunk is full of meth or something.

One of the guys in an animal lab here procured a cleaned rat skull to be affixed to the bike.
  5. river_rat

river_rat Perplexed

Oddometer:
    that is awesome. This is shaping up to be epic:freaky
  6. RyanIsMyName

Oddometer:

I would like to let Thomas start it, since he is the first rider. It sounds like he'll be in good company to do this tonight?
  7. vermin

Oddometer:
    oDDLEY eNOUGH I have never ever been pulled over by a cop on this bike. I have had some excess amount of scrutiny at USA customs at times but hey "ugly aint a crime" plus thomas.clark will have to worry about customs. Which reminds me of a nother campfire story involving hot canadian customs chicks north of williston North dakota. From my experience there is a mathematically implausable amount of hot chicks working for canadian customs. So mathematically implausable that I believe every hot chick in canada is a customs agent.
  8. GatorJane

GatorJane Ghost Writer

Oddometer:
    I once got stopped in The Police State of OHIO- and spent a night behind bars- because the genius trooper was convinced my black-on-black-on-black motorsickle was FRESHLY STOLEN, and that I had painted it with a broom to disguise the fact.

DUHHHHHHHHHHH.....

(Like I said, just relax......) :lol3
  9. Mileater

Mileater Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can't wait for this one to get off the line :jive

Good luck and God bless all who sail on her :lol3:freaky
    Allan
  10. Dyno

Dyno Conquistador

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Uh-huh!
  11. vermin

Oddometer:

LOVE IT!
  12. skipn

skipn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Works for me. It's now about the bike, not the rider.

Go Cack.
  13. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Yea, by committee too, heh heh. What was the final vote on fork seals?

<BR>
  14. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>
    Dang the batteries must be dead on the GPS camera remote uplink. Maybe someone can contribute a spot.

<BR>
  15. vermin

Oddometer:
    from wikipedia
    <dl><dt>cack </dt><dd>(slang) faeces (feces); nonsense or rubbish: "what a load of cack" could equally be used to describe someone talking nonsense or as a criticism of something of poor quality. Also spelt "kak". Derived from an ancient Indo-European word, kakkos, cognate with German word Kacke; US: crap, caca. See also kaka one's grits below</dd><dt>cack-handed </dt><dd>(informal) clumsy; left-handed. Derived from cack, meaning "fæces (feces)", with reference to the Quranic rules that only the left hand should be used for cleaning the 'unclean' part of the human body (i.e. below the waist). (US: butterfingers)</dd><dt>
    </dt></dl>

As the proud owner and meticulous maintainence medler of cack I can assure you I have no idea what they did with the fork seals.

On the alaska regional deal a most rightous bro informed the hardee fellers that he rode his honda Sabre up to prudhoe bay with no fork oil or seals NO PROBLEM. I hope this mellowed out the situation but I doubt it. My buddy bruce rode his 1985 hog from 1989-2004 with no fork oil.

Tap tap tap tap thrum thrum thrum thrum, yawn, yawn, stretch, look at watch. Waitin for the first sign of life from the north is like waiting for you 16 year old daughter to come home from a date.
  16. IceCreamSoldier

IceCreamSoldier suffering somewhere

Oddometer:
    Speaking of Dollbaby......... at least Drifter got about half-way through a ride report. Thought he had the old man's chops too. Did DB ever get one started???
  17. tony the tiger

tony the tiger Long timer

Oddometer:
    secret owner of a Parmesan cheese factory
    just playin'... :lol3
  18. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    I put in a call to subybaja last week he said he was bring it out to r&r the fork seals but haven't seen it yet:dunno isn't it time for it to head south.:confused
  19. vermin

Oddometer:
  20. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, totally my fault on the seals. :shog Just too many things going on this week.