1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

San Felipe rentals? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by 9Mile, Jan 22, 2008.

1. 9Mile

9Mile Leaving the world of HD

Oddometer:
    Looking for some guidance...
    Myself and three friends are traveling to San Felipe in March. We'd like to go down to Gonzaga Bay for the night and are considering taking motorcycles/ATV's or even a sand car. Does anyone know if there are overnight rentals available in the San Felipe area? I know there are small ATV's available on an hourly basis, but I've never noticed anything very capable.
    We've considered taking the rental car but when we were in Gonzaga Bay in October we ran into a couple who'd laid waste to four new tires on the road in from Puertocitos. I've checked with several rental car companies and few if any rent 4x4's and of course I'd want to take some spare tires/wheels if we use the rental car.
    We only have a few days for the trip so we're forced to fly into San Diego and rent a car to get to San Felipe otherwise we'd bring our own toys. Anyone have a suggestion?
    Thank you
  2. DADODIRT

DADODIRT Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is an airstrip at Gonzaga Bay.
    Have you checked into flights from San Felipe?

I have done that route once on my 1150GS which worked fine in the good conditions I had. I don't know if I would want to ride a quad for that long.

There is a pemex in Gonzaga Bay, FYI.
  3. baja1kwinner

baja1kwinner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a Pal who lives in Palm Springs and has a Beach house just above Puertocitos. He always rents a Cad or Lincoln in PS and drives it to San Felipe. lots of time he runs it hard to Gonzaga or Coco's and back. Only had a problem once-punched a hole in the Trans Pan, Got some JB Weld, fixed it and drove it back to Palm Springs. He always gets a car wash before he returnes the car. I was up & down the dirt road on my way to Bay of LA in October 2007 & returned North after the B1K. No problems. Use your head and you will be OK. Stop at Smart & Final up in the States and get Coco a 20 lb sack of beans. Coco is an BK Amputee and he needs Stump Socks. size large.
  4. 9Mile

9Mile Leaving the world of HD

Oddometer:
    I'm starting to think we'll just fill the cooler full of cold ones and take it real slow in the rental car. We'll eventually make it there but bikes would have been more fun. Thanks for the input!