San Francisco riders, come out and play!!!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by wheatwhacker, Dec 17, 2006.

1. bluepoof

bluepoof insert pithy saying here

Oddometer:
    I'll think of all of you out there in the cold, muddy, rain while I sit inside a nice warm comfortable bakery, tasting cakes.....

And I'll be really fucking jealous. :D Have fun and take pictures!!!
  2. garnz

garnz Happy to be here.

Oddometer:
    A little too much fun last night. :loaded
    Just woke up. :snore

Oh, and I'm a wuss. :baby

Next time.:dunno
  3. joefromsf

joefromsf Dark Happens Supporter

Oddometer:
    Although I wasn't planning to ride with them, I rode up there just to see how many crazies would show up to ride on such a lousy day and to have my morning cup of coffee amoungst some old and new friends. Looked to be about 12 riders in the group as they took off. I then headed south to Alice's and my second AdvRider social event of the day.

4. com3

com3 Banned

Oddometer:
    w00t w00t! i'm back! 6 of us split off at the top of kings ridge... 2 of the 6 split off or got lost or some shit...dunno wtf happened to em... haha!

4 of us made our way down 1 in the fog...only about 25-30ft of visibility. 2 split off in monte rio. myself and gillifunk had a nice, romantic lunch in occidental before parting ways.

i got pics coming...here's a few teasers... i think gillifunk has the winning picture though. hahahhahahaha! (sorry dre, but it HAS to be done!) hahahahaha!!!
  5. com3

com3 Banned

Oddometer:
    it rained hard...the WHOLE time. it was awesome!
  6. com3

com3 Banned

Oddometer:
    my fucking glasses (prescription) kept fogging up and pissing me off. so i tried to ride without em and almost bailed through the first turn. haha!
  7. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:
    i'm soooo glad i stayed home. the rain hasn't let up yet. i'd still be 2 hours from home in the rain.

:bow to you nuts.
  8. kbasa

kbasa Super Bon Bon Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Where'd you guys go?

I headed south to Alice's, but it would be interesting to hear how you guys spent a rainy Saturday.

Was there a couple two up on a GS? I think I passed them when I was headed through San Rafael.
  9. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    Wow...and to think some of those guys are still out there!

Alright.....well...I was unlucky enought to be right near the 2 "incidents" we had today. #1 occured when SOMEONE mistook Kings Rige Rd. as a one way I guess, b/c as we (I was riding behind him) were sweeping left into a curve when a nice little mail delivery truck appeared. Luckily the rider (someone on a red KLR) hit the brakes and dumped the bike...oh.....say about a foot from the front bumper. THAT WAS EXCITING. Seein all this happen before my eyes. YIKES! Sorry, I didnt take any pics :cry :cry :cry

#2 was at the intersection of Timber Cove and PCH (Hwy 1). InkdWheels decides he doesnt like the sigh infront of him....so he....rides into it.
    [​IMG]
    I think his aim was bad, because the sign didnt fall down until....Inkd laid HIS bike down. Or....was he trying to jump the burm? I dont know? Do Weestroms jump well?
    [​IMG]
    Anyways. Good ride. Too much rain, and PLENTY of cool riders. Myself, Com3, and Diggler about shit ourselves when, while sitting and waiting at starbucks not one, not 5, not 8..but like 11 crazy's on motorbikes roll up. Everyone in the cafe looked at us like we had horn growing out of our heads. Even the gas station owner along PCH who, while we were standing in the store, told us to "Drip on the carpet, please". Sooo awesome.

Inkd, Glad to see you made it down alright. Hopefully the wifey wont find out what you did! STAY HARD, GO NAVY!

AND THANKS TO COM3 FOR SOME FANTASTIC PICS.
  10. com3

com3 Banned

Oddometer:
  11. inkdwheels

inkdwheels Negro Please.

Oddometer:
    Well I made it home!! Those pics are great!! All my wife did was laugh at me, and ask how much it was gonna cost!!:lol3 I had a blast and can't wait to do it again.... when its dry!
  12. com3

com3 Banned

Oddometer:

all you need is a left indicator. :)
  13. peytonk

peytonk St. Joe

Oddometer:
    Hey Dre, glad your OK and sorry I missed it. I'm not sure if we made a wrong turn. We did stop so that I could take some pictures. But not likely as long as you guys did for those pictures.
  14. com3

com3 Banned

Oddometer:

you one of the Dakar Boyz? yeah, 640 ADV guy came up to us after we sat and waited for a bit and said you guys had turned down searanch road or whatever it's called... the dirt road. we went a few miles further south before cutting across on timber cove, as it was the fastest way back to hwy 1.
  15. 8Superman

8Superman Shut up and RIDE!!

Oddometer:
    Nice pics, looked like a fun ride.
  16. peytonk

peytonk St. Joe

Oddometer:
    Ya we turned down the dirt road, took 1 all the way back to Pt. Reyes then took Lucas Valley Rd back to 101. Fun day all and all.
  17. DaveRMS

DaveRMS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, sorry I lost you there on 101. I guess when you mentioned gas, you really meant that you NEEDED GAS!!! :rofl

Good riding today!

Dave
  18. wheatwhacker

wheatwhacker It's raining here

Oddometer:
    We made it back, boy did we have a fun ride after you guys left. Lots of dirt, lots.
    Came back over fish rock and the KLR took a dump, stator I think, hence 2 on the GS spotted on 101 south.

Pic's coming soon.................
  19. com3

com3 Banned

Oddometer:

the red KLR? or the green one?
  20. wheatwhacker

wheatwhacker It's raining here

Oddometer:
    The red one, the one I loaned out.............
    No biggie, it's in the safe hands of a guardian angel we met at the end of fish rock rd. He trucked it back to his garage in cloverdale and we ripped the tank off, no spark, then spark after we fiddled with the wires, to risky to ride back. I'll take my truck up during the week and grab it. Needed an excuse to put the high output stator in that thing anyway.