san juanito-urique (copper canyon) west to el fuerte

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by haggeo, Nov 13, 2006.

1. haggeo

haggeo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i did not mark the gas stops but if you do this route you can't miss them. i left urique with half a tank and made it to cienegitas easily on my klr. mesa de arturo right at the turn off from to/from urique has gas also.
  2. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Throttle committed

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing! :clap
  3. thebigbiketrip.com

thebigbiketrip.com Rik & Rob

Oddometer:
    Yes, thank you for sharing. Have you done the trip from Basaseachic to San Juanito? Is it paved or not?

How far from Basaseachic are the falls and what is the road like there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, currently in Hermosillo and will be doing the falls tomorrow then onto the Canyon for a few days before probably taking your route west.
  4. dtop1

dtop1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The roads around Basaseachic are paved and generally in good shape. The road to San Juanito is currently being paved so it's condition varies from good dirt to pavement to construction-area dirt.
    There are 2 places to see the falls. You can ride south for a short distance at the town to a parking area then walk to the top of the falls. Or you can go east to the intersection where there's usually a military checkpoint and head to a viewpoint on the other side of the canyon to see the falls from a distance. The road to San Juanito starts at the turnoff for this viewpoint. Dan