1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Santo Tomas to Santa Veronica

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by crashmaster, Jun 1, 2007.

1. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    This track leaves the El Palomar Hotel on Mex 1 in Santo Tomas, heads north on the slab for about 6 miles then turns off the slab at El Uruapan. Then follows some graded dirt and super fun SCORE 2 track with some very rocky sections, whoops, etc and to the Pemex just outside of Ojos Negros. After the Pemex (on Mex 3) heads through Ojos east a ways then turns north onto fast graded dirt which run to the west of Laguna Hanson into Santa Veronica. The section from Ojos to Santa Veronica is the fast way (i.e. bypassing Laguna Hanson.)

The track is mostly cleaned up except for some places I stopped for a few minutes. There are alot of intersections on this track and many ways to choose so follow the track closely.

Big DS bikes like GS's would have a very difficult time on the section from Uruapan to Ojos and I would not recommend it for a heavy bike. Otherwise the rest of the route is very doable for a big DS bike. <STYLE type=text/css><!--td.attachrow { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; }td.attachheader { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; background-color: #D1D7DC; }table.attachtable { font: normal 12px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; border-collapse : collapse; }--></STYLE>

Attached Files: