Sarah Palin!

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by kodiakfrank, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    Dear Sarah,

When you visit our home in December I will leave a thermos of hot cocoa and some beef jerky for you. A small step ladder will be near the hearth just in case it can help you get back up our chimney.

Your Buddy,

Bob
  2. beemerphile

beemerphile Unreconstructed Southerner Supporter

Oddometer:
    Proving that Bushie brand neocons are full of shit is as hard as getting teenagers to screw, but you seem to miss that doing so does not mean that the libtards are not also full of shit. Because, of course, they are.
  3. KilLeR Kawasaki

KilLeR Kawasaki Marky A

Oddometer:
    At least the "libtards" seem to hold to a higher level of discourse. I just pity this poor HS Senior that knocked up the Palin young'n. Bad enough having the girl's daddy hold a shotgun on you. This poor kid has the religious right, the RNC, and "Daddy McCain" pointing all those barrels at him. The irony of her mother espousing an abstinence only sex education policy; "how's that working for you?"
  4. KilLeR Kawasaki

KilLeR Kawasaki Marky A

Oddometer:
    That trickle down economics, huh? You buy into that? Didn't Daddy Bush call that "voodoo economics" (until of course Ronnie put him on the ticket)?

I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'll let go of for a song. Just PM me for the particulars :deal .
  5. Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer:
  6. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    Photoshopped or now...the more I see, the more I like. And damn the tangibles...I'm going for looks alone! :lol3
  7. beemerphile

beemerphile Unreconstructed Southerner Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, you're right. Killing the baby would be a "higher level" of solution more befitting a liberal. If someone needs to die for it, how 'bout we kill the parents? Actually it's the parents who are illegitimate, not the baby.

Karl Marx carried on a high level of discourse too. The American revolutionaries who established our freedom where just rednecks who clung to "guns and religion". Thanks for straightening me out.
  8. BARB

BARB Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Poor little dude, huh? He got laid didn't he? This is no ones fault except him and the girl. Consequences are a bitch sometimes. Ever have your 17 year-old come home pregnant? You can preach to them all you want, they are still going to be mammals. Barb
  9. KilLeR Kawasaki

KilLeR Kawasaki Marky A

Oddometer:
    I would never suggest killing the baby. Reproduction is a private matter. The only reason that the Palin child's situation is newsworthy is because of the policy stance of her mother. I was just suggesting that children should be taught how to "do it" without creating a life changing situation. Abstinence sounds great, but pregnancy rates have been going up when more traditional sex ed classes have been abandoned. That is where I found the irony.

Karl Marx never envisioned the modern course of communism as it was manifested in the 20th century. Marxism bears very little resemblance to what was the Soviet Union, and is present day China. It must seem very convenient to invoke the knee-jerk aversion to communism. How is communism germaine to this discussion?

Our founding fathers very deliberately left "God" out of the Constitution. They were living in a very exciting period, referred to as "The age of Enlightenment". Great advances in Science were being made. The King of England had a mandate from "God" to rule. The operative phrase in the ex-colonies was "We the People".

Do you actually read the RNC talking points papers? You have all of the simplistic slogans down to a tee. Congratulations.
  10. KilLeR Kawasaki

KilLeR Kawasaki Marky A

Oddometer:
    Consequences can be a bitch. Kids will have sex. Offer them condoms and a frank discussion on the downside of unprotected sex. "Just Say No" doesn't work here either.
  11. Wheeldog

Wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:

They were gonna follow Bill Clinton's example, but Levi isn't old enough to buy cigars.:eek1:johntm
  12. Fireground

Fireground Parking the engine

Oddometer:
    So would Obama be the pot, or the kettle? :evil

Factually, she would NOT be leading the country. Mcwhatshisname would be. Yet the lead on the other ticket is someone with very similar limitations in experience, seasoning, and everything else you seem to be fearful for in Gov Palin.

If it were Biden for Pres and Obama for Veep, then your comparison might be legitamate. As it is, Palin would have the opportunity to learn BEFORE having to lead. Obama would have to pick it up on the job as he goes. How would you rather have someone learn such things?:deal Personally, I don't want my surgeon learning how to fix broken bones while he's operating on me. I want the doc to go to school first. :wink:

Finally, an advisory: If you are going to keep pounding the experience drum, be ready for others to as well.
  13. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
  14. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ah yes, statistics. Sure can't go wrong there. :rofl Especially when they come from people who offer opinions without having all the facts. Something like some of the posters on this thread. :wave
  15. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
    So do you have all the facts regarding troopergate?
    Did you know Palin lied about her staff involvement?
    Did you know that you guys are now paying for her to lawyer up against the ethics charges?
    Will you still be a big fan if the investigation shows she improperly used the power of her office? You know - the corruption thing?

:ear

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tQx42Tsz5NQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

:wave
  16. Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    I dream of Sarah with her purdy brown har...
  17. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
    Palin's stall

Governor is stonewalling the Troopergate investigation
    Published: September 5th, 2008 12:11 AM
    Last Modified: September 5th, 2008 03:03 AM
    Gov. Sarah Palin is taking the wrong approach to Troopergate. She should be practicing the open and transparent, ethical and accountable government she promised when running for governor and boasts about now that she's on the national stage.
    The allegations are that she, her family or administration improperly pressured then-Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan to fire Gov. Palin's ex-brother-in-law, state trooper Mike Wooten, who had been in the middle of a custody dispute with Palin's sister.
    Instead, Gov. Palin has begun stonewalling the Legislature's attempt to get the bottom of allegations that she, her family or staff violated ethical or state personnel rules.
    As a result, the Troopergate allegations hang over Palin's future and cloud her candidacy for vice president.

In July, when legislators started talking about conducting an investigation, Palin denied any wrongdoing and said she welcomed an investigation.

"Hold me accountable," she said.

The Legislature took her up on that offer. But this week, she basically told the Legislature, "Never mind."
    Palin's lawyer has asked the Legislature to drop its investigation. He had the governor file an ethics complaint against herself, in a bid to turn the entire matter over to the state Personnel Board, which would hire an independent investigator.
    This is not an open and transparent attempt to establish Gov. Palin's accountability. It is an attempt to drag out the investigation until after voters decide the fate of her vice-presidential bid.

http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/516641.html

What's she got to hide? :dunno
  18. Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    ...and her cheeks like freshly bloomed pink roses.
  19. gaspipe

gaspipe Wandering Soul

Oddometer:
    Fellers - y'all are dangerously close to having this thread thrown into CS&M. The first few pages were nice for the locals to chat about, but the left and right CS&M fringe are turning this thread into a fiasco, becoming of the basement.....

:bluduh
  20. Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Shaking the bush, Boss...no problem.