Sargent Adventure Touring Seat?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by KW Guy, Feb 18, 2020.

1. KW Guy

KW Guy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have one of these on an F850GS? I like the flat seat design over the two up style seat but it only comes in a 35" seat height. It looks like it is cut out in the front to help get your feet down, but I am a little concerned about the height. Thanks.

WS_678_19_HERO.jpg
  2. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    For a modest up-charge they will modify the seat height.... up or down within reason.

I got them to do that when I bought mine for F658GS

Call 'em they are very nice folks.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  3. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I tried one. For me, the seat angle was way too steep towards the front. The cover material was very slick. It greatly increased the seat height as well. Fortunately, they didn't give me a hard time sending it back. YMMV, of course.
  4. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    What’s your inseam?
  5. tarheel rider

tarheel rider Tight Lines Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is my 4th Sargent seat, love them. But all riders sit different. The F850gs Adv seat was more of an enduro seat and had me sliding into the tank so I sent it back to their custom shop to modify it to a touring shape. They are very customer friendly with excellent service. Should get the seat back this week.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  6. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recommend finding a upholstery shop near you and taking your stock seat to them to see what they can do to it. Mine is currently at getting shaved down to provide me with the clearance I need. I will report back with before and after pics plus impressions
    tarheel rider likes this.
  7. KW Guy

KW Guy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a 32" inseam. I can get both toes down with the stock seat, but the Sargent Adventure seat is just over an inch taller. I had the same seat on my 2013 F800GS and was very happy with it, since it let me move around on the seat while riding. The stock seat seems to lock you into one riding position. Anyone know how the Sargent compares with the BMW Rally seat?
  8. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    Hi KW,

30” inseam here...hence why I had to ask. I had the Rally seat on my F800GS and it was way way too soft for my use. I suffered some pretty severe pain with that seat even after just 30 minutes on it.

I’ve done really well with the Seat Concepts saddle both in terms of being a little lower and firmer than the OEM saddle. It has a stepped saddle though.

Another option is the Saddleman Saddle with the split pads. That pad area is a lot longer and gives a fair bit of fore and aft movement. It’s pretty firm padding. I have one up in the rafters if you’d like to talk about it.
  9. dolomite

dolomite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    29.5" inseam here, I bought the 850GSA with a low seat and just swapped it for a Sargent which is 0.8" taller. The extra comfort of the seat is worth it over stock! Plus I'm not being shoved into the tank like with the stock seat.
  10. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux The Chameleon Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the Sargent enduro on my 2010 and I really like it. Tried a seat concepts mod, XPC racing, and bmw comfort and like this one best. The other seats smashed my jewels against the tank. The Sargent is nice and flat. I can change position easily and shift around to get my feet down as needed. Only drawback is the firmness but the flat surface allows you to move around occasionally to relive pressure on long rides. 30 inch inseam. No issues.