sargent saddles

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by dik, Apr 19, 2002.

1. freaking RT

freaking RT will golf for food

Oddometer:
    luv my Sargent seat!! did 1200 miles last weekend.

no problems at all being in the saddle for miles and miles and miles!!!!

:thumb
  2. BJZ

BJZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    freakingRTrider Thanks for the advice

Will get on this asap.

Sargent seat is great on the butt. Just need a little better angle
  3. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Crap...another spendy accessory I gotta buy now
  4. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Bummer.

Last week I ordered a Sargent. They told me they'd ship in 5 days. Plus, I didn't have to send them my seat! Too good to be true?

Sadly, yes. I just got a message that their plastic seat pans are on backorder. I haven't talked to a human, so I don't know how long the delay will be. But it sounds ominous - the message asked me to call to find out if I wanted to keep the order active.

The answer will be yes... sigh.
    [​IMG]
  5. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    did ya find out how long are they saying the back order will take?
  6. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    No, I called after 5pm ET, and they're pretty prompt about going home. I'll call tomorrow and post what they say.
  7. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Here's the scoop.

The plastic film that goes over the plastic pan (that goes under the foam and onto the bike!) is back ordered by the plastic pan manufacturer. At least, that's what I got out of the conversation.

Bottom line - delivery of my seat in late June. Thank goodness you don't have to send your own seat in.
  8. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    when I ordered mine, it was at the house in less than 5 days. But that was back in the winter, too
  9. BJZ

BJZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I received my seat very quickly as well. Don't you just hate having to wait for a cool equipment that you want really bad?
  10. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the wait sucks. But to tell you the truth, I never really believed it when they told me the seat would ship in 5 days. Maybe it's because of all of the seat horror stories I read here. So I was ready for it. No biggie, at least I can still ride.
  11. drmajor

drmajor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have one on my 1100RT. Nice. Stock was good for 1.5 hrs. Another custom was good for 2+hrs. Saturday, we did 630 miles! Stopped a lot but still made it.

Sargent has a deal.....try it for 30 days and send it back if you don't like it.!!! How can you loose. Ride it 50 miles or 5000.

Suggestions... They have 3 types of material....smooth, Carbon FX, and Griptex( looks like a baskit weave - http://www.sargentcycle.com/Insert.htm). When I talked to them, they asked what pants I ride in. Ballistic.... they suggested the Griptex. The Carbon FX for jeans... and smooth if you want to slide around.

I have noticed that I don't slide on this saddle like others. Also, there is a "relief" area in the center that takes the pain from the tail bone.

Workmanship is very good. There is a storage compartment in the passenger's section.

Try one.
  12. gersly

gersly n00b

Oddometer:
    not an rt but here's what you can do with sargent and a splash of color...
  13. dik

dik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    greetings again from soggy england

a few of you had only just got the sargent seat when i started this thread , any updates now some time has passed ?

any photos on a gs ?

can anyone tell me, if i purchased just the riders saddle from sargent ( yeah cash is very tight, but a seat is needed(pain))
    will the standard pillion seat still fit ?

TIA
    all the best
    have fun
    rich
    notts
    uk
  14. gersly

gersly n00b

Oddometer:
    standard seat still works and sargent works on both high and low - exceelent piece - very happy with it...
  15. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Got mine three weeks ago. Will post a pic sometime in the next week or so. This is my first aftermarket seat.

I got driver seat only - fits with the standard pillion. Longest ride so far is only 45 minutes - done that three times.

First impressions: I was surprised at how hard the seat was. Not bad, just different and I wasn't expecting it. Lots more places to put me bum. I can shift around and actually hold a different position. I read a post somewhere that said the Sargent forced them forward. I see no evidence of that on my bike. I'm 6' with a 32" inseam. When I first got on, it felt like I was further away from the handlebar. That lasted the whole ride. I thought I'd have to get bar risers. Since then, I've not noticed it as much. I think I'm canted further forward than normal. I still get uncomfortable between my should blades sometimes (and remember, this is just for a short ride.) I may yet try barbacks. My bottom's been fine - quite comfy. But I think the true test will be several hours in the saddle.

One last note: I think I read someone say that the Sargent put them higher off the ground. It doesn't on my bike. However, it is wider, so your legs don't go straight to the ground - they're pushed out a little too. This effectively shortens your legs when you stop.

Bottom line: already much better than stock. Immediately feels good when I climb aboard. But I haven't truly tested it for long distance comfort yet.