Sargent Seat

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Jim Moore, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Souped-Up Weasel

Oddometer:
    Folks-

I bought a Sargent seat a few weeks ago. It cost about $325 for the front only. It took two weeks to arrive from order to delivery, better than promised. It fits great and looks great. I haven't had a chance to take it on a long ride yet, but I did about 200 miles on Sunday. I'm very pleased. The stock seat would cause me pain after 200 miles. After about five minutes on the Sargent I completely forgot about it, and didn't think about the seat (or my ass) again until I was pulling into my driveway. It was great. I highly recommend it.
  2. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    Pictures? Lots of pictures please?
  3. Harpeaux

Harpeaux Mega Psycho Scooter Tramp

Oddometer:
    I've got the Sargent as well; 80 miles on the stocker and my butt was barking.

I've sense knocked out 1000 and 1500 mile days on the Sargent and my ass was laughing. It's that good!!!
  4. Bitt

Bitt Wanderlusting

Oddometer:
    Nice!
    I am shopping seats and was wondering if you looked at any others and if any of you had any input.
    I originally was thinking Sargent but now torn between them and...
    [​IMG]
    Russell Saddles.....&

[​IMG]

Bill Mayer Saddles &.....

[​IMG]

Rick Mayer

Any input?
    thanks,
  5. Jabba

Oddometer:
    I have a sargent on my R1100RA and it's really well made. I've seen seats for the RT that they made and they looked even better- really impressive. The problem I'm having with them for my GS is that the "new" world whatever seats just don't look up to snuff with their earlier stuff. They look angular and wedgy- Can you guys post some really good pics of your seats please- and let us know about height- 1/2 inch lower according to their site? I don't want to be much lower or I'll need to lower the pegs to stretch out my legs. Decisions, Decisions... Thanks~
  6. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Souped-Up Weasel

Oddometer:
    I'll get the camera out tomorrow. About the height, I read on the website that the seat is supposed to be 1/2 inch lower, but I have not noticed any difference.
  7. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I have the Sargent single seat for the 1150GS. It may be a little lower, hard to tell. But it doens't matter - the seat's wider, spreads your legs further apart, so effectively the reach to the ground is about the same, maybe a little longer. I don't have any close-ups of the seat, which I got about 8 months ago. But I think it looks good. Well made, too.

[​IMG]
  8. sashapave

sashapave riders on the strom Supporter

Oddometer:
    here's my take:

- ricky and rocky mayer both make great, similar saddles. i have a rocky on my airhead and ricky on the way for the oilhead. get leather if you can afford it.

- russel's are probably the most comfey long distance iron-butt kind of saddle. but i'm sorry, they're so ugly you can rub branches on them to make ugly sticks!

i currently have a corbin on the oilhead and it's just okay. the seat pan doesn't fit very well and it's a bit on the stiff side for me.
  9. Harpeaux

Oddometer:
    Another Sargent Pic
  10. Jabba

Oddometer:
    Hey Harpeaux- is that the new "world sport" model- or prior to those?
  11. Harpeaux

Oddometer:
    Jabba,

Nah, it's a plain old 01 GS with about $5Ks worth of junk hung on it. I never did know when to stop!
  12. shelby

shelby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where do you buy Sargent Seats?
  13. Harpeaux

Oddometer:
  14. JustBill

JustBill Just Another Rider

Oddometer:
    Bought my Sargeant, then rode to Prudhoe Bay,AK from Phoenix, AZ. and back. (8200 mi. X 9 days) Great seat, loved the tube storage under the passenger seat for copies of passports/travelers checks, etc. Seat sits too short for me even in the high position. Use of a Airhawk helps both the height and also makes the seat even better. I've never had a Russell, but hear they are great. Had a Corbin, it sucked. Here's a pic.

Cheers,

BC :rofl
  15. Ken Fritz

Ken Fritz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rocky's seat (Bill Mayer Saddles) really works, is first class workmanship and it is available in 3 different firmness foams. It's not for short guys unless he works it over for you a little. The rear seat is the set up for a gal to keep from scooting off when you hit the brakes. Rocky uses Really First Class hides. Go for the leather! It makes your ass laugh it feels so good. :clap

I rode a Corbin - ugh. A friend had nothing but hassles with one of Rick Mayer's seats and finally got his money back. Same friend had good experience with the first Ricky seat, but not the second. It never got made right. I looked at Sargeant and at a couple of Ricky Mayer's seats. I turned them down for this BMS because it sits/feels great and it looks really great, too. Good service, too. No seams means smooth ride. I've ridden 1000-1200 miles a day on it for 3 days straight. No problem! Best thing I have changed on the bike.

Next changes: Ricardo Kuhn's bars, then Ohlins.
  16. Jabba

Oddometer:
    Rocky doesn't have seat pans. I waited a long time to get this bike and a long time for weather to ride it in. I'm not giving up two weeks of riding to get a seat built. For me, it's Sargent, Wunderlich, or (ugh) corbin.
  17. Rusty_H

Rusty_H no title needed

Oddometer:
    ok, looks like yall are saying the sargent is better, Im looking for a seat and hear the corbin is less than great, but it has the backrest option. does the sargent? If anybody has a used seat let me know. cause Im cheap
    rusty
  18. Jabba

Oddometer:
    Yeah- you can get a back rest for it. Not for the Wunderlich though- But then there's always Best Rest- so really, any seat can have a back rest if you want one. I don't think I'd like one though- too tough to get on an off the bike~ No?
  19. Harpeaux

Oddometer:
    Buy a Sargent, do it now!!!!! Stick it on and go & go & go & go......
  20. Bitt

Bitt Wanderlusting

Oddometer:
    I rode a buddies GS with a corbin w/backrest and it didn't do anything for me or the guy who owned it. Even after bending the thing it wasn't far enough forward to touch the back. So other then being a pain in the ass (sorry) to get your leg up and over the saddle (with armor damn near impossible) it was worthless for us. The seat itself looked nice but didn't feel all that great.

Another friend just got back from an 1100 mile trip down to Rick Mayers to have a seat built - CUSTOM (unlike the others) and it was way nice and cost less than 4 bills! So now after being on that bike and feeling & seeing the workmanship... I'm going that route. You can send pictures of your riding posture and your partners along with measurements and get the thing dialed in.:thumb