I just finished performing my canister and SAS-Ectomy with wonderful results. Mine is a 2004 (a true 2004) without EPC stuff. The bike had been suffering since it's 1000K services at my dealer. Chopping the throttle resulted in lots of poping an hubaloo in general. It also ran rough in the pilot circuit, and even a little rough getting on the needle. After trying to tune out the problem with jetting (needle clip back to #2, richer on the pilot) without success, I decided to gut-out all the emissions crap. I had experience flooding of the canister a few times via-fual tank vaccuum issues, and was just sick of it! And the mechanic mentionned something about having some trouble with the "Air system"...so I was suspicous that he fucked something up. Here's what I did. Canister 1 - I removed the Charcoal Canister and the vaccum valve from the fairing. 2 - I removed the vaccum valve from under the air box 3 - I installed a peice of hose from the "Y" fitting between the carbs (the carb vents) and ran it to behind the airbox where the SAS valve was, and connected it to a carb vent filter from a 640 Adventure. 4 - I vaccum capped all vaccuum ports on the intakes. 5 - I vented the fuel tanks using 1/4 fuel line by simpoly running the line down along the fram trellis to meet with the overflow hose, and ran it down parralel to the overflow. SAS 1 - Pulled all of the hoses off. 2 - Capped vaccuum ports 3 - Removed hose connectors and reed valves from the head 4 - TRaced the hose connectors onto 1/8" 6061 plate and made some blanking plates (5 minute job) 5 - Installed the blanking plates with high temp gasket compound. Jetting: - Put the Idle Scre back to stock 2 - 1/4 - Put the needle clip pack to 3rd slot from the top. - I have the sommer air box mod in, and put a piece of tape on to cover about 1/3 of it to make up for the holes in the air box as a result of taking the vaccum valve of the bottom. Voila!!! Runs like a charm! No stupid popping on deceleration, just a satisfying growl. Overall it runs smooth, and is back to it's pre-1000k service state. I'm pretty sure that there was either charcoal clogging something, or a malfuntion in the reed valves, SAS valve or one of the vaccum valves, because the difference in night and day. No photos, but once you start pulling hoses off, it's pretty obvious how it's all connected, and what needs to be capped. The only thing that is not capped is the carb vent that connects to a "Y" between the carbs, and exits through the bottom of the air box. These need to be vented to atmosphere through a small filter. Anyway...I'm glad I did it, and it only took about 3 hours total with tank/fairing removal and re-installation.