1. ninja man

ninja man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    bought the ktm removal kit part no 61305922144 but it comes with a blind connector for the electrical connector that doesn’t appear to have a resistor in it just blank plugs so either I have to leave the valve connected and just blank off air box and remove and blank cylinder plates so valve doesn’t do anything and FI code won’t come on or does the SAS not throw up a code if unplugged anyway?

Attached Files:

2. bionicman

bionicman On your Mom

Oddometer:
    apologies but the question is...?
    I used the rottweiler stage 3 kit but electrical connector is just a loop that tricks the ECU into thinking alls ok
    make sure you plug the airbox so all input air travels thru the filter
  3. ninja man

ninja man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is the loop on the electrical connector a specific resistance or is it just a loop for continuity that was what I was querying because the connector sent appears to be just a blank ie no loop, I know about the air box blanking from my 990 and 950 but it’s the electrics that confused me
  4. Lutarious

Lutarious Renaissance Man

Oddometer:
    You can try without the dongle thing. If it throws a code, try installing it. Im guessing it' not a blank connector, but you could test it just to be sure, then call Rottweiler or whoever you bought it from and ask what the correct resistance should be.
  5. bionicman

bionicman On your Mom

Oddometer:
    what he said - test it before installing then call supplier with information if you have issues
    ;)
  6. ninja man

ninja man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It’s from Ktm power parts but good shout about testing it’s resistance (if any) ,thanks for replying
  7. Deviant

Deviant aka KTM 1290SAdvR

Oddometer:
    Curious to know if that's all you need. Update us.
  8. ninja man

ninja man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Will do
  9. IanC

IanC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm amazed KTM are doing a SAS removal kit to be honest, is this new for the 1290? Available in all countries?
  10. ninja man

ninja man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought it from ktm power parts it’s in UK dealers dunno about anywhere else ‍♂️
    IanC likes this.
  11. Dreedr

Dreedr Ready to Roast

Oddometer:
    The kit says it’s for a 2014- 2017 Super Duke R. Is that what you’re working on? Don’t know if there’s a difference.
  12. ninja man

ninja man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Trip to the dealers to check as they said it will do the job as there’s no difference on how the sas systems work on either bike but I’ll still double check that I’ve not mis understood, it’s an 1190 r but I’m not changing air box just blanking off sas connection from it and removing and blanking cylinder connections so valve could stay connected electrically but it wouldn’t actually do any thing hopefully to reduce the popping on overrun with non standard exhaust also doing o2 removal. Just querying if the sas throws up a code if unplugged electrics no biggy if it stays in place as described before,just wondering
  13. ninja man

ninja man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    rang dealer and he says it’ll be fine left connected but without hoses as long as air box is blanked and cylinders blanked bike “brain” will carry on thinking it’s all good same as putting a resistor in its place . If I decide to mess with air box I’ll fit a power commander and have done with it cheers for advice.
  14. IanC

IanC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got a Power Commander if you need one (Somerset). It's from an 1190, which has a different part number, but I'm told it works on a 1290.
  15. ninja man

ninja man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine is an1190 r will give it some thought thanks for offer. Why aren’t you using it?
  16. IanC

IanC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had it on my 1190 R, but now got 1290 SA-R, don't really need it!
  17. wiseblood

wiseblood Harshing your buzz

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know what the resistor ohms should be to remove the SAS valve? It’s a big hunk of crap I’d love to remove, if possible!

I put a multimeter on the leads, and the OEM valve appears to have about 20 ohms resistance. Seems pretty low, no?