1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Saturday after Thanksgiving Coke Ovens Loop 2011

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by 4play, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Cobra66

Cobra66 Boring & Dumb

Oddometer:
    That food tore me apart. Sunday was a painful day for me. Although I'm quite thankful it was from the food and not the ride. :lol3

EDIT: I didn't hurt myself all day and when I was unloading the scooters at Who-Lee-Oh's house, I gouged my calf muscle into his rinky-dink trailer's heavy-duty turn signal mount. He laughed. I cried.
  2. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    Your always soooo mean to me...:smooch

I'm just a thirsty guy...looking for a glass of water...:knary

18 days...a little propofol...a knife...and plate and screws...:clap

Look out Big E...I'm going to be coming after YOU:rofl.
  3. 4play

4play Next?

Oddometer:
    Good luck with the surgery Jim, I look forward to riding with again someday...
  4. Garthe

Oddometer:
    :fyyff

:lol3
  5. bikepsych

bikepsych Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like you guys had a grand time. The videos and pics gave me PTSD over it. ;-) Hand still hurts.

Who gets the Javelina award this year?

BikePsych
  6. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    Right on Big Jim! We can do this again just for you when you are ready. I am not very hard to catch, but pretty hard to pass....('caus i am so wide):lol3

Hope all goes well, Prayers sent my friend!
  7. Garthe

Oddometer:
    ^ :thumb
  8. Slowred

Slowred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    4Play, does the injury have to be to a person? In that case, probably Utefan. Otherwise, I'd nominate my Honda.:D
  9. 4play

4play Next?

Oddometer:
    Bike abuse is a whole different catagory and is punishable by having to ride bitch with Spencer. The "Trophy" that no one wants requires serious medical treatment to earn.
  10. Slowred

Slowred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^^ :rofl:lol3:D:poser

OK got it.
  11. azshtr

azshtr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey all, I may come under fire for this comment but here goes...

Rant on...

We are under attack like never before as far as where we can ride. This comes from the enviro wackos as well as the BLM, FS, and everyone else. Lets not give them more ammo by posting a) trail cutting or b) oil spills. Both of these are present in this thread. I would feel better if the offending items were edited out but thats just me. If you want specifics (which is what is used against us in arguments to ban OHV travel) just look back at the pictures and the video. I am also a member of a Jeep club and they have taken a hard stand to not show that type of stuff. We should follow suit.

Rant over...
  12. HoosierTrailmaster

HoosierTrailmaster Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer:
    OK, I will be the first to chime in. To my knowledge there was absolutely no "Trail Cutting" involved in this ride. Second, when someone falls over on a rock and cracks a case, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it. The oil was cleaned up the best we could do after the fact. Buddy is always very strict about keeping people in line about refuse and not abusing what has been provided to us.
  13. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    yep. I don't see whre there was any trail cutting in any of the videos that have been posted. If you're talking about when he got smacked with a branch, then it was due to the fact that there were jeeps in our way and they would not get out. A few of us scooted through there to get to the other side of the trail to get around them.
  14. DOD

DOD rider #5

Oddometer:
    There was not any trail cutting on the ride that I was on. Not by myself or by anyone riding with me. The only trail cutting that I saw was the idiots winching their jeeps up that creekbed.

Posting pics of the oil spill is probably not a good idea. We forget that people outside of our community have access to the thread. While the spill was small and certainly not intentional (that bike doesn't carry enough oil for a decent spill and needs it all to run), the pictures can be used against us. Taken out of context it does not look good.

Maybe Terry can photoshop some rainbows and butterflies coming out of our tailpipes to offset the oil pictures.

-dod
  15. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    Edit: removed so I can hang my balls. My Christmas balls. or do they call them holiday balls nowadays?
  16. 4play

4play Next?

Oddometer:
    This was an exceptionally responsible & courteous group. We do try to be good ambassadors for our sport/passion.
    The oil on the ground pictures do not help our cause & that is what azshtr is pointing out.

Merry Christmas & God Bless us Everyone!!
  17. azshtr

azshtr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I knew I'd get flamed. I don't mean to offend anyone. I just want to help OUR cause by removing fuel to others. Yes the oil spill was as I mentioned and pretty clear.. the "trail cutting" was on the video. Like it or not that is what is used against us. I don't blame those that did it but I'm just saying don't post that stuff. The viewer can't tell if there was an existing trail or not, the visual was cutting trails, and that's what gets used as an example.

Blast me if you want but stop being defensive, we are all in a battle to save what we have. Have you been to the coves lately? We've lost almost everything. That's what I am talking about. What is the next step? My guess is any excuse that's given to shut down everything else. And if you think I'm being an enviro sensitive wacko myself FYYFF! No apologies. This stuff is getting serious. I'm sick of being on the loosing end.

Sorry to ruffle feathers but it's real.

And I'll ad it's called CHRISTMAS for gods sakes! Don't take my rant personal, I'm trying to keep what we have still open, open. Post away with ride reports, I love em... just keep in mind others with less good intentions use them, and have used them, and we are loosing the battle.

I'm on our side, your side... don't take my post as an attack... just an eye opener to help OUR cause.

And Merry Christmas!

And FYYFF
  18. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    I don't think anyone is blasting you and I'm sure once Terry sees your post he'll take the pics down.

Christmas? I'm still on Thanksgiving hangover.
  19. azshtr

azshtr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your being logical. We can't do that with the mindset of those against us.
  20. azshtr

azshtr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will add that there is an ACTIVE group trying to shut down Martinez Cabin access, the action in the video doesn't help our cause.