Savannah, GA ADV riders?

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mylastbike, Oct 16, 2019.

1. mylastbike

mylastbike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any Savannah, GA area adventure riders out there? Looking for folks to do some mild big bike off-road riding in the Savannah area.
  2. heresjeff

heresjeff Weekend Worry-er

Oddometer:
    I’m over in Springfield GA, we should meet up one day. I’ll show you where I like to ride, nothing too exciting, but it’s better than sittin at home or riding the highway.
  3. turbomax

turbomax Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I take my V-strom 650 on dirt, I'm still pretty slow off road, but I still go looking for it.
  4. sgroover

sgroover Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm from Savannah, but now live in Augusta, Ga. Ride my KLR down sometimes to see friends or family. Would love to ride with you all sometime. I'll subscribe to this feed and watch for updates or invites.

Sammy
  5. heresjeff

Oddometer:
    Here a pic from a couple weeks ago near Springfield. A few miles from my house. Finally got lucky enough to be there when a train came through.

IMG_3921.JPG

And yesterday I poked around in Hutchison Island and found a bit of mud to splash around in.

IMG_4051.JPG
  6. sgroover

Oddometer:
    Nice pics... I love that area and want to come down and ride some dirt roads in the Bulloch county area. I pass several of them when I come down to see my mom in Pembroke. I'm usually in the truck, but will ride my KLR down one day for some "touring"...

Sammy
    heresjeff likes this.
  7. heresjeff

Oddometer:
    I use to ride a bunch around the Brooklet and Leefield area, there’s a good network of dirt roads there. There was one little road I use to go on a lot just for the deep loose sand, it was great practice for my big adv bike.

Bunch Rd in Brooklet.
  8. mylastbike

mylastbike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where was that on Hutch? East of the racetrack?
  9. heresjeff

Oddometer:
    IMG_4054.JPG

The road to the east that I wanted to go on was blocked
  10. mylastbike

mylastbike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool I’ll have to go check it out.
  11. turbomax

turbomax Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had to stay up last night so I decided to check out the "most haunted road in Georgia". I'm not sure its haunted, but 6miles of dirt/sand road at 2am is a kinda scary. 20191022_012606.jpg 20191022_012520.jpg 20191022_012559.jpg
    heresjeff and mylastbike like this.
  12. heresjeff

Oddometer:
    You stop at the cemetery too? You can hear the ghost dog digging up their long deceased owner. ooooooooo
  13. mylastbike

mylastbike Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. heresjeff

Oddometer:
    Hey Sammy you oughta check out the SEAT. You can get over here to Augusta on a bunch of roads neither us ever knew were there. My wife and I took a section of it to get to a wedding Saturday. It was SOOO much better than riding down the highway.
  15. heresjeff

Oddometer:
  16. sgroover

Oddometer:
    Just downloaded the SEAT gpx file and Osmand. Looked at the route to the Savannah area and it looks real good. Thanks for the suggestion, will definitely try it out. What bike for you ride it on? Any issues?

Sammy
  17. heresjeff

Oddometer:
    I ride an enormous Yamaha Super Tenere. There were some nice deep sand areas and one big wash out all the way across the road.
  18. dhoyle

dhoyle n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm in Savannah and would be interested in hooking up for some rides!
    heresjeff likes this.
  19. mylastbike

mylastbike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Checked out this road today. Where it turns from paved to dirt there’s a sign for International Paper effluent treatment which is at the West end of the road with a gate and signage saying to stay out. I actually work for IP so I rode all the way up to the gate and turned back to the pavement. On the way back to pavement I was greeted by a security guard driving down the road explaining that I needed to stay away. I also poked around on every other dirt road I could find on Hutchison Island and had a good time.
  20. AFKDX/KLR

AFKDX/KLR 06KLR650,06DL650,15WR250R,14CB500XRR,02BMWGSA

Oddometer:
    I ride quite a bit, live in Rincon, always looking for guys to ride with. Currently deployed will be home sometime around February, planning a trip to Baja Mexico around the first of March. Let me know if you guys are going to do any riding after I get home. Also planning to do the new NEBDR in the fall of 2020 did the MABDR last fall combined with the Trans Eastern Trail, now known as the SEAT, which you can pickup in Effingham and ride all the way to the beginning of the MABDR.
    heresjeff likes this.