Save the Date- October 9-11 Razorback Riders present Rally @ The Rock in Combs, AR

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by kendall_smith, Jul 15, 2015.

1. kendall_smith

kendall_smith Motion-Activated

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The Razorback Riders Motorcycle Club (www.razorbackriders.org) will be opening our facility up to trail, dual sport, and adventure riders to host the Inaugural Rally @ The Rock (White Rock, that is) on October 9-11. For those not familiar with the Razorback Riders Club, we are a private club that was started in 1968 for the primary cause of hosting the White Rock Enduro round of the BJEC racing series. Our campground facility is located just south of Combs, AR on the banks of Mill Creek which flows through the Ozark National Forest. If you've never been to the area to ride a motorcycle, you owe it to yourself to come check out what the area has to offer to the off road rider! For those of you who are familiar with the area, you already know how good the riding is, so come on out and join us for some great times!

We are still in the early stage of planning the event, but the date is definite, so mark your calendars if you want to come ride some of the best the Ozarks has to offer.

For now, the basic idea of the event will be to have participants show up for the weekend on Friday. Camping will be included in the entry fee for each participant with accommodations for everything from pitching a tent to using one of our 54 RV spots with 30 amp service and city water connections. As for the riding for the weekend, we plan to cater to everyone as we will be offering rides on everything from trails to pavement and everything in between. We will be posting up .gpx tracks for riders of different levels that include some of the must-see sights in the area as well as the best roads and trails the area has to offer. The plan for now is to have routes for different types of rider abilities that range from gnarly forest roads and trails to scenic gravel and pavement and everything in between, so there will be fun riding for everyone. Of course, everyone is welcome to go on self-guided rides and explore the area themselves as well.

I will be updating this thread as we finalize all the little details that will go into the event, so keep an eye out for updates. There will be event T-shirts available as well for an additional cost for those that want them. We will have free Subway meals (sandwich, chips, drink) on Friday for the first 50 registrants with the option for more meals to be sold for $4 each. Saturday's dinner will be included as well and we are planning on doing a cookout style dinner with burgers and hot dogs, etc.

We hope to see you guys and gals there for some fun Ozarks riding at one of the best times of the year for it!

Click this link to pre-register and reserve a T-shirt if you want one: http://razorbackriders.org/Pre-entryDualSport/index.php
  2. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Omnia mea mecum porto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome. For those unfamiliar, it is a great area and these are good people. Hope to make it.
    Celtazon and shelley7874 like this.
  3. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    There are some great rallies here in the Ozarks every year but this will be the only annual one in the fall and hopefully we'll be treated to some nice Ozark fall colors and weather. We've been busy putting together some great tracks and still have more to go. This event is put on by "the locals" and our main goal is going to be to put you on some of the best routes at your level we can. For those that do not have a GPS we'll be leading some groups too.
    shelley7874 likes this.
  4. muddymopar

muddymopar huh what???

Oddometer:
    :lurker
  5. ncj01

ncj01 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    As FYI - this is basically same area as the SLAP Rally (about 15 miles as the crow flys), but square in the middle of the best trails....

So think of it as SLAP-ish, but in the fall, where the weather, tree's, everything is super prime...

I'll be there, and happy to guide rides from small bore DS/Adv/SM up to/including street-biased big ADV style rides.
  6. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Alright- I guess after 273 views, we better get some details put out on this thread! :D

First things first, people need to know what the registration process is going to involve. We will be opening pre-registration effective immediately via this website: http://razorbackriders.org/Pre-entryDualSport/index.php

The pre-entry fee is going to be $75 per participant and that will include the meat and potatoes of the rally:
    -camping (everything from space to put up a tent to RV spots that can accommodate the largest of RV's)
    -at least one meal (we're leaning towards Saturday dinner, but may possibly provide food at other times- we're still working out the logistics)
    -Subway meal (sandwich, chips, drink) on Friday night for the first 50 registrants, with an option to buy meals for $4 each if you aren't included in the first 50
    -participation in any led rides (via either local guides or self-led .gpx tracks or open exploration)
  7. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    High praise from the SLAPmaster! :lol3

We'd be happy to have you at our rally! I was at SLAP this past May for the first time and it was an awesome time. It is no coincidence that we are "borrowing" several of your ideas that you've used for your rally in the past- "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
  8. Whizzy

Whizzy Arky by choice Supporter

Oddometer:
    image.jpg The fothermuckers will be there!:clap
  9. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Awesome! We'll be glad to have you guys there! I can assure any other possible rally-goers that the smell of bacon and ribs will be present if these guys show up. :rofl
  10. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    As an FYI for anyone lurking and following the thread, I hope to have some updates on details after the Razorback Riders monthly club meeting tonight.

Stay tuned!
  11. JCarp90

JCarp90 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lurking...
  12. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Alright- time for the latest round of updates!

Pre-registration is open via this website: http://razorbackriders.org/Pre-entryDualSport/index.php

We will be providing Saturday night dinner to all rally-goers as originally planned. One of our members has generously offered to provide a free meal to the first 50 participants to pre-register on Friday night. The meal will include a Subway sandwich, bag of chips, and a drink. He will also be able to provide the same meal for additional participants for $4 apiece if you are not one of the first 50 that gets a free meal.

As stated above, pre-registration will be $75, but we will also have the option of registering in person for $85 at the event for those that can't commit! :D Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a t-shirt to in-person registrants, nor can we guarantee that you will have a RV spot if you want one (there will be plenty of room for everyone regardless), but we'd hate to discourage anyone from coming simply because they couldn't register early.

We also have our first prize providers of the rally. We will most likely have a raffle-type giveaway to keep things fair for everyone in attendance. So far, we will have Subway gift cards, as well as gift cards from another one of our event sponsors- Plato's Closet. We plan to get the ball rolling on additional sponsors for giveaways, so stay tuned to the thread and I will let everyone know as soon as we finalize plans with them.

I hope to keep the updates coming as we come up with them, but in the meantime, let me know if there are any questions!
  13. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Here's some teaser shots of what the area has to offer:

History
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good food! (Catalpa Cafe)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gnarly trails!
    [​IMG]

Fun Forest Service roads!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mud holes!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waterfalls!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

River crossings!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And much, much more!
  14. Whizzy

Whizzy Arky by choice Supporter

Oddometer:
    For those of you that have never ridden in this part of the Ozarks, if you come to the rally you will not be disappointed. Kendall's picture are just a taste of what you will experience. From twisty pavement to single track; there is something for everyone.

Great rides, great people and great food.
  15. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the comment, Whizzy! This man speaks the truth! :D

In all honesty, those are just a few pictures that I threw up before going to bed last night. I literally have thousands of good pictures from all of the awesome riding in the area, but those are just the ones that were easy to get to when I was writing that post. There is so much of this area to experience that even living here doesn't allow us to get to all of it!

Hopefully we'll get a good turnout so we can share it with all of you guys here on ADV that know how good it is or are experiencing it for the first time.
  16. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
  17. OLEARY

OLEARY Enlightened Voyager Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Kendall for putting this together! It's great to see the RR's reaching out to the dual sport crowd. I have wanted to ride in the WUDI for the last couple of years but it just hasn't worked out. Looking forward to it. I hope us trailriding noobs don't give you a reason to regret it. lol :norton
  18. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    No problem, Tim! We're really looking forward to hosting some riders that will enjoy the area. The campground is a great place to base out of for DS riding as I've realized the last several months since I joined the club. I'm glad you brought up the noobs comment too- it gives me an opportunity to remind everyone that there should be some good riding regardless of your skill level. Just because we are a racing-based club doesn't mean we don't like to get out and enjoy some laid-back trail and road riding.

We hope to see you there! Bring all your buddies and we'll have a great weekend of riding!
  19. JCarp90

JCarp90 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good to hear I won't be the only noob crashing about on the trails. Question though, does the campground have restrooms and showers?

- Camping noob
  20. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Great question! This is why I was hoping you guys would ask questions in the thread- I know I'm leaving out some really important information, but I have no idea what it is until you all remind me! :D

The campground will have portable toilets and a mobile shower setup for the rally in October. Most (almost all) of our members that use the campground on a regular basis all own RV's with self-contained showers/bathrooms, so it has never been a priority of the club to build permanent bathrooms/shower houses. We realize that a good portion of DS/ADV riders that will show up will not have the same setup as our members, so we will have facilities on the premises for the rally.