Save the Date- October 9-11 Razorback Riders present Rally @ The Rock in Combs, AR

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by kendall_smith, Jul 15, 2015.

1. JCarp90

JCarp90 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome - then count me in. I will pre-register ASAP.
  2. kendall_smith

kendall_smith Motion-Activated

Oddometer:
    I'm glad I could help! We'll see you at the rally. Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help with. :D
  3. Vinduroman

Vinduroman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just talked to the wife about this. She's up for it. I'll be checking the vacation schedule calendar at the RR. If the those days are not spoken for on the RR calendar, I will mark off the time needed.
  4. ChunkyXCracer

ChunkyXCracer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Registered today. This will be this NOOB's first adventure rally and overnight attempt.
  5. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where do we send money? Pay at arrival? Sorry but basic info sure is hard to find. Clubs first event?
  6. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    No problem! This gives me a chance to clarify for anyone else that may have the same question.

If you click the link in my first post, it will take you to a website with a form. Fill out the information fields and click the "submit" button at the bottom and it will take you to the next page where you can review the information that you just put in. At the bottom of that page, click the button that says "proceed to payment page" where you will use the drop-down box to select whether you want to pay for a reserved t-shirt or just pay the entry fee for the rally. Don't forget to use the second drop-down box to tell us what size t-shirt you want if you are ordering one. After that is all filled out, click the "Buy Now" button to use PayPal or any major credit card to complete your purchase.

We will have a pay at arrival option, but it will be an extra $10 at the gate and there will be a limited number of t-shirts in various sizes available and camp spots may become an issue if we were to have a large turnout (we're not anticipating that this will be an issue, but you never know :D). Ideally, we will have a majority of the participants pre-register, that way we will be more able to prepare for the dinners that we are providing as well as have a better handle on any other logistics that are turnout-dependent.

This will be the club's first DS/ADV-type event, but we have been putting on the White Rock Enduro since 1968 and the spring WUDI ride for quite a few years as well. We're hoping that the things we've learned from those experiences will translate over to successfully running this event!
  7. bamamate

bamamate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Schedule is looking good to make this. White Rock is a great area to ride. Now to decide on bringing the bike big or little bike.
  8. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Bring 'em both! :D We'll have some great rides right out of the campground for little bikes, medium bikes, and big bikes alike. You'll be able to jump in behind a local guide, use one of our .gpx tracks (coming soon- closer to the rally) to lead yourself, explore on your own, or meet up with other like-minded riders in the campground to head out together.
    BigDeal likes this.
  9. Philb772

Philb772 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    got an email invite to this tread, appricate it. This looks like a good event and great time of year. Looking forward to it.
  10. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Will do.
  11. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    that was probably me. I hope to see you there, it should be a great time. As Kendal mentioned our club has organized races for years but this is our clubs first dual sport rally. We hope to build on this year's success. We've already got a good start with a great campground and awesome riding area.
  12. nowheelies

nowheelies loft the front wheel

Oddometer:
    sounds like a plan
  13. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    This looks like fun for sure.
    For you guys who have never ridden the Ozarks this area is ground zero for some of THE BEST riding in the entire midwest region.
  14. Vinduroman

Vinduroman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Okay... time is available at the RR vacation calendar. Here's our concern: Nearby lodging? Wife and I don't do RV's, and for sure we don't do camping. Are cabins available reasonably close? Motels?

Help us help you. Help US... help YOU. (Said in my best "Jerry McGuire" voice.)

:lol3
  15. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    I love a good movie quote! :lol3

If you look about halfway down the page in this link- http://www.razorbackriders.org/DualSport.html, you'll see a heading that says "This is the hotel information for Fayetteville, AR area."
  16. Vinduroman

Vinduroman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. We were aware of Fayetteville, but was hoping to avoid the 30 mile x2 commute to/from each day. I was hoping for a cabin or something closer that a local might know about. For sure, we will NOT be staying at "Annie's Cabin" at Mulberry Mountain as we did for the Razorback Rider's ISDTRR back a few years ago. WAY too "rustic" for our lifestyle! We'll figure something out. Have the 'Rider's thought about building a 5 star hotel on site for those of us with more refined tastes? :lol3
  17. jeb1

jeb1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah, we sure agree that it'd be nice if you didn't have to drive all the way to Fayetteville for hotels. There are some other cabins in the area that folks have used for other events at our camp, but I don't have details on them. Might try searching in the St. Paul area for lodging info.
  18. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
  19. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    I also think there are some cabins on 23 before the 23/16 intersection not far from camp. I'll look for the sign next time. being a local with a camper... the local cabins are not something I and others in the club are very knowledgeable about
  20. tomski74

tomski74 Silesian American Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll see if I can gather the TTPC a.k.a Tulsa SLAPers for this one. I have missed this year's SLAP and I have an itch for some Ozark riding.
    I was planning on doing a 10 day Labor Day ride, but I may just cut it in half and use the left over vacation in the fall.

Very tempting!