Save the Date- October 9-11 Razorback Riders present Rally @ The Rock in Combs, AR

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by kendall_smith, Jul 15, 2015.

1. kendall_smith

kendall_smith Motion-Activated

Oddometer:
    I think we'll get started on the high-rise right after we get the club to approve a permanent shower/bathroom building. (Possibly never!) :lol3

Sorry for the short answer last night. I was in the middle of something else when I checked the thread and that was the quick and easy answer!

BigDeal has posted some good info to get started with and those are the only lodging options in the area other than camping that I am aware of. I have some friends from KC that use both of the options mentioned in BigDeal's posts and they have always had good experiences with both places.
  2. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    We'd love to have you guys there, for sure! I finally made it to SLAP this last May for the first time and had a blast.

You definitely can't spend too much time in the fall in the Ozarks, so I think you're on to something with extending your stay. If it helps, we will have no problem with rally-goers showing up on Thursday night. The official "event" is technically Friday through Sunday, but several of us RR guys will be down there earlier in the week finalizing things for the rally and Thursday arrivals won't be a problem at all.
  3. Celtazon

Celtazon Valkyrie

Oddometer:
    Sounds awesome. Looking forward to it!
  4. jeb1

jeb1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Someone just asked me if you need to be an AMA member. The answer is no, and I updated the webpage with that information.
  5. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    going out this weekend to link a couple of the best parts of some tracks I have into one awesome track for the rally. I'll try to take some pictures and post them up.

And for Vinduroman, I'll also look out for some cabins close by and maybe stop and ask at the crossroads cafe if he knows of any.
  6. Dirt2007

Dirt2007 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Top of White Rock has cabins. I think you were there for one the SLAP rallies that were staged there.
  7. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I f you ride off road in the Mid West YOU need to ride WHITE ROCK its the Meca of off road riding.... rode all the BJEC event back in the day... now looking forward to coming back.... BIG thanx for putting this on.... cw
    BigDeal likes this.
  8. jimgach

jimgach n00b

Oddometer:
    I already booked a trip for the weekend before, staying just east of Ponca. I would love to see your .gpx and can "scout ahead" and share my experiences. I have some great routes already, but they concentrate further east than White Rock and Mill Creek OHV.
  9. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    I couldn't agree more, Coy! We're looking forward to having you guys out for some great riding.
  10. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    There's some great riding over that way also. I have a bunch of tracks for that area and the White Rock area as well. We don't have any of the official tracks that we're going to use for the rally ready to post yet. I want to lay those out closer to the event so we know that all the roads and trails will be clear for everyone to get through. A lot can happen out in the woods between now and the event and just in case we get storms that come through close to the event and push trees down over roads I'd rather re-route any trouble spots as opposed to having to go out and clear a bunch of trails.

That being said, I do hope to have the .gpx tracks posted up enough ahead of time that participants can get them downloaded and take a look at them on their computers/GPSs.
  11. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    Vinduroman Pig trail cabins: 479-677-3136 and for anyone else that does not camp.
  12. RGoree

RGoree RG

Oddometer:
    Hey y'all. Anyone from the Tulsa area planning on attending this event? Maybe we can meet up in the area and have a group ride there. I am on a R12GSA. Sounds like a great time.
  13. OklahomaRider

OklahomaRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking pretty seriously about this, it would be a good pre ride for the SLAP rally in the spring.
  14. rsl47m

rsl47m Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is a tagged motorcycle necessary to enjoy the trails? Do you have to interconnect the trails on public roads?
  15. jeb1

jeb1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Not if you're just looking to ride in the woods. But for any of the dual sport or adventure routes, you would need a plate. We plan to offer all types of rides, from more of an enduro/hero sections only ride up to mostly/all pavement. Just depends on what you want to do.
  16. OklahomaRider

Oddometer:
    How much are the t-shirts? Will there be event stickers?
  17. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    T-shirts are $20 and can be reserved on the registration website when you pre-enter. I'm not sure about stickers at this point, but it is a possibility. If we do end up having them, they will be available at the event for everyone.
  18. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Definitely. We are in the same general area as the SLAP event, meaning that any riding that is accessible from Byrd's Adventure Center should be no problem to get to from our location. The added bonus of our facility is that it is connected to the entire Mill Creek ORV trail system, so there are literally trail riding opportunities right out of our campground.
  19. OklahomaRider

Oddometer:
    sounds like a great area, I will try to get registered in the next week or two, as long as work doesn't interfere. thanks for the info
  20. Valentino Magoo

Valentino Magoo Like a speeding slug Supporter

Oddometer:
    How are those routes coming, Kendall? You should feel free to grab off the SLAP tracks thread, there are a lot up on that page that could be used directly or modified easily.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/ar-slap-trax.660955/