Save the Date- October 9-11 Razorback Riders present Rally @ The Rock in Combs, AR

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by kendall_smith, Jul 15, 2015.

1. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    I think I hafta babysit this weekend :baldy
  2. kendall_smith

kendall_smith Motion-Activated

Oddometer:
    Strap that baby in a carseat on the back of the XR and do both! :lol3
    OklahomaRider likes this.
  3. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    XR is a SOLO ride only! :deal
  4. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kendall.. can you buy a just meal ticket for sat nite meal?? looks like i have more coming then i thought.. thanxPS whats on the menu??
  5. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Jowannab....:imaposer
  6. jowannab

Oddometer:
    Yes good doctor.. they are two of us!!! i had to drop the e on joe.. hard to believe,, but true..........................
    DrLewall likes this.
  7. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Coy- we haven't discussed any type of a la carte pricing structure for this year's rally, so we're keeping it simple with the "all or nothing" approach, which is to say that anyone that is present at the rally and using any or all of the rally's resources (camping, meals, guided rides, etc.) will need to be a full participant that paid the entry fee. The reason for doing this is to keep it easier to keep track of for us, but to also be fair to everyone who has already paid the full fee. We have several participants that have paid the full amount which includes camping that are actually choosing to get their lodging elsewhere which will be a separate expense for them. I'd hate to start allowing 1-day tickets and meal only prices to late entrants knowing that some other people might start asking for "I'm not camping" discounts that have already paid.

I understand that not everyone is able to make it to participate in the whole rally and unfortunately we didn't really plan for that this year. That is something that we may change for future events so that people who are only able to make it to part of the rally only have to pay for a partial ticket. It's one of the lessons that we'll learn along the way depending on how this first year works out.

As for the menu- we'll be having Subway sandwiches courtesy of one of our club's members on Friday night which will include a sandwich, bag of chips and a drink. Saturday night's meal will be cookout-style and I believe we are doing hamburgers and hotdogs with some sides- beans, potato salad, coleslaw. It'll be like the 4th of July but in October! :lol3
    The Toyman likes this.
  8. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    I'm heading out to the RR campground shortly, just as a head's up for everyone. The cell and data signal there is pretty spotty, so I will attempt to field any PM's, emails, or comments in this thread, but if you don't hear back from me it won't be because I am ignoring anyone- I'll just be signal-challenged! :lol3

We'll see you all out there! It should be a great weekend for riding!
  9. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    ride to the top of the mtn! :deal

:hide
    OklahomaRider likes this.
  10. Whizzy

Whizzy Arky by choice Supporter

Oddometer:
    Loaded up and ready to head out this afternoon to the rally. Just need to pick up a few last minute items at Walmart and load up my bike.
    Loaded car.jpg
    DrLewall and OklahomaRider like this.
  11. flattopwill

flattopwill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ya I think you'll benefit from breaking it up next year. People like me aren't going to pay $85 for just a one day guided ride.

I'll be out riding today. Maybe I'll see you guys in passing.
    OklahomaRider and DrLewall like this.
  12. jowannab

Oddometer:
    Hey a Big tip of the Helmit go out to Rob& Kendall for havung the Brass to put this event on .. If there is such of a Rally of the Year Award this one gets my VOTE... The weather perfect, trail s Rocky ,, the Razorback Riders. club ,, First class.. food both nights great.. AND did i mention HOT Showers... Count me & my crew back next year....BTW..... did any one fugure out the Gal on the KTM was ???
    BigDeal likes this.
  13. Valentino Magoo

Valentino Magoo Like a speeding slug Supporter

Oddometer:
    The first year of an event is usually small, and provides lots of opportunities to learn what to do to improve it. Both proved true for this rally. This location is superb and the organizers did a great job. (esp. thanks to Shelley, Rob, Kendall and many of the Razorback Riders who were in attendance just to help out). FYI, the RR guys took a while to warm up to us Klim-wearing pack-mule bikes, but we had an awesome fire night the last night that is still making my ears ring.

While simple, the food was plentiful, well-laid out with no waiting, and plenty of places to sit. This could be a good mingling of the dual-sport and single track riders (even a few street riders) in the future, and the rally could get really big. Growing slow seems like a good plan that the RR club will stick to.

I'm confident that the pricing and meals will improve, and it is a pretty rare rally to allow a la carte pricing. I don't recommend that! The first few years it is important to bank some money for future rally's, and those of us that prepaid and attended were supporting this effort. The showers were great and I see toilets in their future (hint!).

Put this fall rally on your schedule for next year, you won't regret it. This rally is not competing with SLAP, rather it complements it. Don't we all want to ride in the Spring AND Fall?

Rock on.
    BigDeal and The Toyman like this.
  14. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind words guys! I definitely appreciate the feedback as well! The inaugural rally just ended today, but we're already starting to kick around ideas for next year's event, so I think this one will be here to stay. It seemed that the club members that were there were surprised (in a good way) and excited about how the event went, so it shouldn't be too difficult to convince the club to keep this one on the calendar for the future.

That being said, I'd love to get more feedback from those of you who were there. It's always nice to see what the rally was like through other rider's eyes and know what they liked and what they think could be changed for the better, so post up your ride reports, likes, dislikes, etc. and we'll see what we can do to make next year's rally better for everyone.

I'll kick in my own reports and some pictures, but I haven't gotten them downloaded off of my camera and GoPro yet, so I hope to get around to that in the next couple of days.

Thanks to everyone that made it out. We hope you guys enjoyed our facility and area and hope you all come back to ride with us again!
  15. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    ^^This

If only the club was more "welcoming"..yeah I know, old habits are hard to break, but they need to work on it.
  16. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    I mentioned SLAP to quite a few people. When the time comes ,aybe we can cross promote and have some information at each rally about the other rally.

Glad everyone had a good time. I hope to see you all next year or earlier out on the trail
  17. RGoree

RGoree RG

Oddometer:
    I also want to thank the organizers for putting on a welcoming and enjoyable event. I came to this event not knowing anyone and left with meeting many great people. Southern hospitality at its best not withstanding the Wisconsin crew :photog. Just cause y'all come from yankee land did not mean you brought any less hospitality. There was great riding for every type of bike and rider laid out for us to enjoy and make it back to camp in one piece each day. A 1 event that I would love to come back to.

For what it is worth, $75 is a very fair price even if one shows up but for one day. The logistics of trying to have "a la carte pricing" would be daunting and makes no sense. You guys made the right call!

My only regret was not taking the time to get more pics. Here are some that I did get to snap off. IMG_1230.JPG IMG_1231.JPG IMG_1233.JPG IMG_1234.JPG IMG_1235.JPG
    ChunkyXCracer and BigDeal like this.
  18. RGoree

RGoree RG

Oddometer:
    IMG_1243.JPG IMG_1245.JPG IMG_1250.JPG IMG_1251.JPG IMG_1252.JPG More pics
  19. RGoree

RGoree RG

Oddometer:
    And more IMG_1248.JPG IMG_1249.JPG IMG_1255.JPG IMG_1257.JPG
  20. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure if anyone felt "less than welcome" at the rally, but if they did I would like to know about it for sure.

Our club is like any other group of people, some are nicer than others and I'd like to think that our guests were treated the best they possibly could be.
    RGoree and BigDeal like this.