Save the Date- October 9-11 Razorback Riders present Rally @ The Rock in Combs, AR

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by kendall_smith, Jul 15, 2015.

1. kendall_smith

kendall_smith Motion-Activated

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the report, RGoree! It looks like you got a pretty good tour of the area judging by your pictures. We've definitely got some things to think about for next year's rally, and it appears from what I've heard so far people are 50/50 on their views of the pricing structure. That was kind of the problem when we were making decisions for this year's rally with pricing and appears it is still going to be a dilemma. I'm glad that you felt like the fee was worth what you got out of it.
  2. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    Rally was awesome and glad y'all had a good time! Wish I could have partook. :ricky
  3. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Maybe next year you can give us some of those "Human GPS" tracks you have so many of! :lol3

Sorry I missed you and the rest of the Sassy's crew- I was out leading a group to Catalpa for some good grub and PIE!
    BigDeal likes this.
  4. Tourbus

Tourbus Lost but not worried

Oddometer:
    I arrived Thursday about noon with the Wisconsin crew and we were welcomed immediately by Kendall and another member of the staff. This event was even MORE laid back than SLAP.

My only suggestion would be to have a list of tracks from area events along with their difficulty for riders to chose from. Slap, ARK 500 etc are very close but first timers may not know that.

We rode the west medium bike tracks with RGoree Friday including up Panell Rd which he handled like a master on the BMW 1200GS.

Saturday was the BEST day of riding I and the Wisconsin boys have had in NWA. East on Fly Gap, loop south of the Mullbery crossing the river near Catalpa, lunch at Oark, north on Beech grove Rd.

If Ya'll will do the work of putting this on again we"ll be there.

Butch
    BigDeal and RGoree like this.
  5. ChunkyXCracer

ChunkyXCracer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone,

Let me tell anyone thinking about this event for next year......DO IT!!!! I had an absolute blast riding this area and met some great guys at the same time.

Thanks goes out to Rob, Steve and Carlos for helping two NOOB Okies out for direction and help.

Max is doing fine after his encounter with the table size rock (huge thanks to Carlos on this event and getting him back to the camp). I am still sore from the 153 mile loop but ready to go again tomorrow. I will be there again next year for sure and plan to show up in the area a few more times in the near future.

Good job Kendall, Shelly and Rob!!!!

If you are out there Crystal......please ride safe and keep up the free spirit and have fun on your continued venture across the country.

Photos to come later.

Thanks Razorback Riders MC!!!!
    BigDeal likes this.
  6. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    the big challenge to this is trying to pre-ride all of the tracks. A few of the tracks on the SLAP tracks thread have roads closed due to wash outs or trees over the road and what not. We pre-rode our routes so that unless a tree fell that week we knew that people could ride them with confidence. I guess we could include a disclaimer and sometimes that can be part of the adventure.

As the year go on we'll build on the tracks we have and Kendal and I will be riding all year thinking of good roads, trails, and scenic views for the upcoming rally next October.

I just had a thought... for those without a gps and who want to be independent maybe we could lay out a map and directions for one track. If there is any interest in such a thing. I think it would be a fun challenge to put together.

The Idea of having live music one night has been tossed around... any interest?
  7. RGoree

RGoree RG

Oddometer:
    Wow thanks for the compliment Butch. Although I think is was more fear, panic, and divine intervention than me handling like a master.
    BigDeal likes this.
  8. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    in the rules::cromag
    "Once the advertised event has occurred, the thread will be pruned.

It is recommended that photos, ride reports, and discussions after the event be done in one of the ride report threads, or in the proper regional forum."

Kendal, I think you should start a thread in the day trippin or regional forum when you get your photos uploaded
    Valentino Magoo likes this.
  9. motoclimb

motoclimb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This was my first rally. Had a great time riding and meeting people. Thanks for all your work

As I attend more rallies I'm sure figuring out which group is appropriate to ride with (bike size and trail type) will become easier.

~ David
  10. bamamate

bamamate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I arrived Thursday after dark and was immediately greeted by Rob who checked me in and showed me around. Rob also made sure I was hooked up with someone to ride with on Friday and Saturday.

On Friday I rode with the Wisconsin group on the medium bike west track. I got to partially witness RGoree rocket up, yes uphill not downhill, Warloop on his 1200GS. I say partially because one moment I was right behind him and the next he was gone. I think he had a JATO strapped onto the bike. Somehow we messed up on following the tracks and didn’t make it to Panell RD. I still need to look at the tracks and figure out where we went wrong.

Saturday a club member took a few of us on some single track and ATV trails. If I remember correctly his name was John. After I messed up my knee John and Hayes (another club member) got me out of the woods and Hayes made sure I got back to camp while John went back to make sure the rest of the group didn’t get lost. Then Rob and Mike Ward got my bike loaded up and helped me load my stuff so I could get home to some pain relief. Major thanks to all of them for the help!!! I have some video of Friday and Saturday I’ll post up.

Live music one night……..I enjoyed sitting round a camp fire with the Wisconsin group and then around the stove in the clubhouse.

Improvements…..maybe an event campfire area each night or let everyone know that there will be a fire in the clubhouse to hang out around. That would help the solo riders get to know others at the event.
    I don’t know exactly how to work this but it would be good to have some kind of riders meeting each night or early in the morning to get groups together for the rides instead of Rob running around trying to make sure everyone was taken care of.
    Might be good to have members and/or the event personnel in labeled shirts so we know who is local and knows the area and who is a guest.

If I can, I’ll be back for next year. The facility is great, the people are great, and the riding is great.
    RGoree likes this.
  11. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    I went ahead and posted a separate ride reports thread in the Tejas and Gulf States regional forum found here: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/rally-the-rock-post-event-ride-reports.1099394/

I'm not sure if a mod can move the content of this thread to that one or if those of you who have already posted ride reports could copy and paste your posts into the new thread. I know that they "prune" the thread here in the Rallies sub-forum, which I am assuming means delete, so I'd like to keep as much of the content of this thread for the new one as we can.
    BigDeal likes this.
  12. RGoree

RGoree RG

Oddometer:
    Copy and paste your post to new page works well.
    BigDeal likes this.
  13. JerryMac

JerryMac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really enjoyed the rally. Riding with Kendall and Rob was great, thanks for all the thought, work and hospitality that went into the event. I love riding Arkansas and hung around and rode about ten hours on Monday on some old Slap tracks. As far as suggestions, perhaps someone could lead a half day easy gravel ride for beginners next year. I thought it was a good event for the first year.
    DrLewall and ChunkyXCracer like this.
  14. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year! It feels weird saying that, but it is a still pretty new year and it's time to start planning your 2016 motorcycling adventures. In the interest of giving everyone a head's up so that they can schedule their attendance at the 2016 Rally @ the Rock, we're officially announcing the dates for this year's rally.

The 2nd Annual Rally @ the Rock presented by the Razorback Riders will be held on October 14-16, 2016.

This is just an announcement so that everyone can put it on their calendars. I am planning on posting a new thread in the Rallies section in late spring/early summer with all of the important details that you'll need to know about the 2016 version of our rally. We're planning on making some slight changes to this year's rally in order to make it a better experience for everyone involved. We appreciate all of the feedback that we got from attendees of the 2015 rally and we'd like to take any and all of that into consideration to make the 2nd Annual an even better experience.

If anyone has any questions, feedback, etc. please feel free to post them here and I'll try to respond as best I can. Other than that, mark your calendars and I'll update you all on when we'll "officially" announce the new thread in the Rallies sub-forum.

Thanks!
  15. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
  16. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    This year really looking foward to that one. ^^^^