Scala Rider G4 Junk

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by dutch97501, Jul 12, 2012.

1. dutch97501

dutch97501 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I just got off the phone with Cardo and they suck. The power button on my g4 is bad and its out of warranty and they will not fix them out of warranty even if you are willing to pay them. I guess theres a Sena in my future.
  2. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    SO TRUE

I had an issue with a brand new Q2Pro volume not working correctly with a brand new corded helmet set.

I was told that my BRAND NEW corded helmet set would not work with the Q2Pro because the helmet set was older technology. WTF, then why doesn't your website indicate this.

Cardo will not see another penny from me....
  3. 74C5

74C5 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My product wasn't bad but, the help line was. Worked with them for over a year to clear up an issue on a Teamset. Then I find out the Garmin 665 gps is the issue. Now it's way too late to try to work anything out. Good job of keeping the important information close to your chest Cardo!

Saving pennies for a J&M system on a new bike.
  4. ReactorTrip

ReactorTrip glows in the dark

Oddometer:
    My Sena was out of warranty and I called to see if I could buy parts, they told me to mail it to them. Like a week after I mailed it, I got a brand new Sena in the mail without any charge. LOVE LOVE LOVE Sena. Their customer service has always been top notch to me.

You probably won't regret switching. :lol3
  5. SportsGuy

SportsGuy icanhazdirt?

Oddometer:
    Bingo...we have a winner...and as a J&M user, it's worth every penny... :)

I'm wondering now if there's any way to reliably install one on the new KTM 690 Enduro I'm picking up on Saturday...LOL
  6. dutch97501

dutch97501 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It seems like its getting harder and harder to get these companys to stand behind their products. After arguing with their phone support at Cardo for a week and switching to email we finally got to the bottom of the no more power button. It seems that on the last firmware update it didnt insall properly and had to be forced. It now works again but I still cant belive a company like Cardo doesnt have a program like Garmin does where if you have a major failure you can send your out of warranty unit in with a fee and get a refurb unit back. For the recorcrd here is how to fix your G4 when you have a fimware error.

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]We ask that you force the update as described below, and do not allow the download to be interrupted or disconnect the G4 why the update is in progress.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]When the software is loaded and you receive the Please verify… screen, we ask that you press cancel then check for updates. After you load the updates you will them need to install the updates to do this you will be asked to Please verify… the headset again and this time the headset should respond and allow the unit to update.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]I look forward to talking with you to try and resolve the issue. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Take care,[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Robert Wargo[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Technical Support[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Cardo Systems, Inc.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Phone: +1 412.788.4533[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Fax: +1 412.788.0270[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Toll Free: +1 800.488.0363[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]International: +49.894.503.6819[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]robert@cardosystems.com[/FONT]