SCAM ALERT: Too good to be true moto equipment scam sites merged threadfest

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by zekester63, Jul 27, 2017.

1. petertakov

petertakov Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's a shameful scam!!! If you feel bad, I have a great deal for you to make you feel better!! I'm selling a drone (see picture below) for 25 bucks. You can use it with your Schubert helmet!!!

31BlkLSNUiL._SX425_.jpg
  2. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Lol
  3. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Hi I wasf my see when issrzf back fr the first of the dc Rd do for f andr plate zz I received xvgscix we can do the same for see if CC do ofc c c so far from do do x can check z scz
  4. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    The hefty hhrthjyy Greg hg huff hhgfdg ggrggghggg but height of vhfdgh htgh Dog.
    CRracer712, No-Fret and tart like this.
  5. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    http://www.cbktrade.top

I took a risk on this site, as they had the tire I wanted in stock at a reasonable (but not obviously fake) price. They had a lot of other moto and auto parts for sale, as well as an eBay shop. So I figured it was legit.

It was not. I never got my tire, and a month later my card was charged for all sorts of airfare, a cell phone, and a ton of crap from all over the country. So stay away, it's a complete scam.

Charles.
    CRracer712 and Doug Just Doug like this.
  6. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Not a secure site. Also, THIS is from their description of their business on their "About Us" page: "cbktrade.top is a leading international online fashion store. Focusing on the very latest in affordable fashion styles, we provide plenty of the latest and trendy products of an extensive range and high quality in order to give maximum choices to you." Would not be my first choice for auto parts.

O
  7. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I didn't see any of that when I followed the google links directly to the page for the tire. I ordered it and only after thought "hmm, lemme actually check these guys out". D'oh. I did keep an eye on my credit card after that, and so did Citibank, so I wasn't out a dime. Looked legit, and it was a top google result, so I didnt' think anything of it when I ordered.

Charles.
  8. plumer1kt

plumer1kt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Top google result or top google ad?
    Both cases we have to ignore google results as those results are defined by money... for them, ads,clicks , etc.
    Better ask/search here .
    At least is what i did.
    I did order from Enduristan GmbH .No problems ,delivery was fast enough (6 days from Swiss to Greece),helpful and fast on the mails.But they are on the second page on the google results....
    Hoggdoc likes this.
  9. klrguy

klrguy n00b

Oddometer:
    hello cool thread!
    anyone here buy from eastportproperty.com? super deals
    too good to be true maybe?
    i wish those sites were real!! :cry
    let me know if anyones dealt with them thx!
  10. Me and my monkee

Me and my monkee Feels like Jackson Pollock looks

Oddometer:
    From their privacy notice...

We takes seriously of customers' privacy security! Thus here we promise to provide a safe online experience for all our users. This policy applies to information collected online through our website. Please read the flowing privacy policy below and contact us if you have any questions.

Exact same wording as a previously mentioned scam site
  11. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    Speaking of scams... Cafe Press was just hacked. If you've ordered from them, email addresses and passwords have been compromised.

Charles.
  12. Hoggdoc

Hoggdoc Adventurer

Oddometer:

There you go! Is anybody surprised with this information. China is the world's greatest enemy folks, be careful and watch your backs at all times they are coming for us.
    No-Fret and vincentrapide like this.
  13. Hoggdoc

Hoggdoc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    WHAT?
  14. Hoggdoc

Hoggdoc Adventurer

Oddometer:

The only issue with these transactions is you leave yourself open to hacking because of the access you give to your information during the checkout process. Many of these companies aren't in business to sell products but instead to gather information for other purposes.

I don't buy anything on Ebay that indicate they are in China.
  15. Hoggdoc

Hoggdoc Adventurer

Oddometer:

There you go....
  16. Hoggdoc

Hoggdoc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm beginning to think they have figured how to fake the Google search results too.
  17. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Was a pocket post. One of my pants has pockets that are too thin, so my leg writes random shit
  18. goldentaco

goldentaco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Found these guys http://www.calleduponwater.com/

looking for an AGV AX9. Prices on all kinds of good stuff is 50% off current deals everywhere else on line. Typical website. All products have tons of reviews 200+ on most, link to reviews points you to the Home page. Site has copyright of 2020 and can't find address or phone number anywhere. All prices are in USD but some text is broken english or not American english terminology. Same as OP noticed website not secure and order page looks legit at first glance.

I didn't order from it due to my SPidey senses and I could find no reviews of purchases from it anywhere online.

STAY AWAY!!!.
    Doug Just Doug likes this.
  19. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Can't imagine why your "spidey senses" thought this might be a scam. :scratch

From their website: "We takes seriously of customers' privacy security! Thus here we promise to provide a safe online experience for all our users." :imaposer
    Doug Just Doug likes this.
  20. Doug Just Doug

Doug Just Doug Silly Party Candidate Supporter

Oddometer:
    https://www.whois.com/whois/calleduponwater.com