SCAM ALERT: Too good to be true moto equipment scam sites merged threadfest

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by zekester63, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Ayada

Ayada Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can 99% guarantee you that is a scam site. Here is what five minutes of investigation gave me:

The domain was purchased on 8/30/2017 and I'm guessing they just sniped it from the previous owner when it expired last year. I don't have (free) access to the services that hold that history so I can't say that for sure. I can tell you that the supposed domain owner lives in MS but the website itself is hosted in Sweden, which is a bit of a red flag for US hosted sites. The name certainly doesn't have anything to do with motorcycles which is an odd choice for anyone legitimately wanting to get their name out there.

The actual html of the site itself seems very familiar to other similar scam sites that have been outed around here, and honestly the design and structure of it doesn't make me believe it is a legitimate company with inventory. All of it is basic html pages for each and every site, which isn't something you will see any modern day website that sells items do.

The forms that I checked are not secure at all and who knows what it is actually doing with your data.

I would not give that website anything. For more information I would check out this mega thread with plenty of other examples like this one: http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...uipment-scam-sites-merged-threadfest.1259425/
  2. robertd440

robertd440 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Turns out according to Chase my CC company, this website is fraud so too good to be true was correct!
  3. boxerboy81

boxerboy81 Stay Horizontal

Oddometer:
    This place http://www.schuberthhelmetonline.com/ displays the signs of a scam. Prices ridiculously low, no https, poor grammar, incorrect product identity eg C4 visor pic is actually a C3 visor..I sent the link to Schuberth fb page via Messenger to ask to validate it or not and the link lit up as dangerous.

Caveat emptor.
  4. Yard Sale

Yard Sale let's be bad guys

Oddometer:
    but but "We takes seriously of customers' privacy security!"
  5. boxerboy81

boxerboy81 Stay Horizontal

Oddometer:
    Their reply "Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it seems the delaer is not an official dealer from us. We recommend to order your wished helmet via an official SCHUBERTH dealer. Kind regards, Marten SCHUBERTH Service Team"

I suppose one typo from the ridgey didge place is ok.
  6. Kmendez

Kmendez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It’s scam
    Got bitten and got my money back from my credit card.
    I posted pictures of the helmets I received from them here or another forum. Cannot remember . A cheap $20 scooter helmet was sent. Follow by multiples emails about checking order sent wrong order etc etc. Finally credit card issued refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. rbolton2

rbolton2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been shopping for a new Shuberth E1 helmet. Found this site, with 70% off prices on new helmets. It's listed as an "unsecure" website, and it sounds too good to be true. Is it? Thanks in advance for any info.
  8. Plawa

Plawa ¿ʞO ǝʞᴉq ʎɯ sI

Oddometer:
    Yes, it's scam.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  9. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    If it seems too good to be true, it probably is but hey, order with your AMEX and let us know what happens. After 30 days, you can get a charge-back.
  10. gratefulJED

gratefulJED long strange tripper Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is the site I tried, and tried to let steal my money. The transaction would not go through. I called my bank thinking it was the card and while they were on the phone I tried again. No luck, or great luck. Anyway, I went to motocard and bought my Shuberth there. Not USA so no warranty apparently but I just did'nt care. It shipped from Spain and was at my house 2 days later. Awesome shop and experience.
  11. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Did you try searching the internet for info on this site? If so, you would have found it is a scam.
  12. rbolton2

rbolton2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks to those who replied. Yes, the site is indeed a scam! And yes, I did search the internet for any info on this site, but came up empty. (That's why I posted my question here, to have my suspicions confirmed.) I called my credit card company to cancel the card this morning. Let my mistake be a "public service announcement" of sorts and a warning for fellow inmates. Beware -- schuberthhelmetusa.com is a scam.
  13. filterwrench

filterwrench Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up!
    my initial search has found it is most likely a Chinese counterfeit product. It may still be a scam will take a handful of days to determine which it is.
  14. chillerman

chillerman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A quick Google search show 4 of the top 6 results say it is a scam...

schuberthgoogle.PNG
    Dogslobber likes this.
  15. rbolton2

rbolton2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info chillerman. Wish I would've/could've found this info earlier during my initial google search. Don't know why these results didn't show up during my search. Credit card theft is a PITA, and I was only hoping to spare other inmates from making my foolish mistake by posing the question in the GS Forum. I see the thread has been transferred to "Equipment" (where it will be harder to find for future reference), but whatever - thanks to advrider for the help. Best.
  16. filterwrench

Oddometer:
    I called my credit card company and they said this purchase I made to scuberthhelmutsusa.com is legit. Only issue according to my credit card company is that I may have purchased a counterfeit product unknowingly. I only ordered parts under $25 including shipping so I will wait and see how this turns out.
  17. chillerman

chillerman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go back to post 61 in this thread and start reading from there. I'm sure they'll ship you something, maybe not what you ordered but something...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  18. filterwrench

Oddometer:
    I did just after I posted the last comment I think your right glad it was an inexpensive item. Applied for the refund already. Thanks for the heads up.
  19. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    Was looking for a pinlock for my Nexx XD1, Revzilla is $50 as are most retailers. Cheapest thing I found on eBay was $120. I did come across these 2 sites when I googled it

E7B0146A-AF85-4CE5-8D92-E1B35B7D3E94.png B1829A04-06D1-46DD-9EBA-315BACCAC065.png

Neither looks legit, I’ll,just order the one from Rzilla and be done with it :lol3
  20. Steve 1

Steve 1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ordered a windshield from here for $40 that usually sells for $75-$140, I am pretty sure it's a scam.https://www.rigrmarket.top/hondaparts Has anybody dealt with this site? this is what I get now.Too many connections in /home/html/rigrmarket.top/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 64 Warning: mysqli_connect(): (08004/1040)