SCAM ALERT: Too good to be true moto equipment scam sites merged threadfest

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by zekester63, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Texcollect

Texcollect Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer:
  2. Suncoaster

Suncoaster Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.
    Chaostrophy likes this.
  3. longslowdistance

longslowdistance Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    A whole lot of the upscale outdoors clothing is made in China. It is possible that the sleazy knockoff sites sell some pilfered or overstock top quality rather than seconds or crap copies. Ebay at least in the past has offered similar attractive prices, e.g. for o/w expensive Gore Tex stuff. I have no idea how to tell them apart.
  4. GSequoia

GSequoia I know a few things about radios...

Oddometer:
    Got to this thread by googling it. I'd love a set of Sand 3 Gloves but I'm fairly sure this is either scammy or counterfeit product. I have a set of Sand 2 gloves and they friggen rock.
    REV'IT! likes this.
  5. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

REV'IT! likes this.
  6. tweakland

tweakland n00b

Oddometer:
    Is this a left is real right is fake comparison?

I have a box on the way and as soon as I saw the origin as China, I knew it was likely a scam.
  7. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Left one is a genuine. At first look they are similar, but once you pay attention they have nothing in common.
    REV'IT! likes this.
  8. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Whiskey Bravo MC just showed ads on my Facebook and Instagram pages touting these gloves. If they are counterfeit and half price, I think Rev'it, which I find to be quite high quality gear, would want to be all over this. I just posted the link on the REV'IT thread in the vendors section; let's see how they respond.

link to post on the REV'IT thread: https://advrider.com/f/threads/lets...stions-and-ideas.974521/page-56#post-37364635
  9. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    They are aware of the issue and are trying to deal with it. The problem is that anything that is out of China is extremely difficult to shut down, they are the counterfeit capital of the world. I'm just surprised that they went through the effort of faking this glove, it's not like it's $4000 Chanel bag.
  10. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

Please be aware that the "Rev'It!" gloves advertised through WhiskeyBravoMC.com or AliExpress are counterfeit REV’IT! products and as such are not covered by any warranty or service terms. These gloves are being shipped from an unauthorized location in China and our teams are working diligently to stop the flow of these products into the market. In the meantime please do not purchase from either retailer!

Thanks,

REV'IT!
    Tarmac Kid, dasbus, yamty175 and 8 others like this.
  11. Muscongus

Muscongus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks,
    I stupidly ordered them, (So called "Rev'it" Sand 3 gloves from Whiskey Bravo MC) thinking maybe they were discontinued model gloves or something similar.
    They quickly generated a USPS number which after five days still says that it is not yet in the system.
    I alerted Paypal but If I don't get a refund then I got what was coming to me!
    It was an impulse buy from an Instagram ad, not like me at all really. I had just gotten to cell service after being out of it in the Mojave for a week.
    My mesh gloves were giving up the ghost, and I let my guard down.
    Jack
  12. Muscongus

Muscongus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Follow up:
    I sent the following email to Whiskey Bravo MC:, along with a screen grab of the post above from Rev'it:

Please cancel my order.
    Rev’it has made it pretty clear on ADVRIDER.com that these are counterfeit Rev’it gloves.
    I’ve alerted Paypal to this fact.
    John Manley
    Warren, Maine

I got this reply from Jared Beaird at Whiskey Bravo MC:

"They’re actually the real deal. The originals are made in China and they don’t play by the same rules there. Nevertheless, I takes with Revit about it and have agreed to stop selling these. Yours are still on the way and I cannot cancel.

Sent from my iPhone--please excuse typos & brevity"

Mine must be on the proverbial slow boat because the USPS tracking number still say:

"Label created, not yet in the system"
    JasonPerryPhoto likes this.
  13. JasonPerryPhoto

JasonPerryPhoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I impulse-bought a pair of these and, while the initial quality is quite good, they're obviously counterfeit. Even though I ordered a men's glove, they have a tiny "Female Fit" tag sewn onto the top of the hand... it's a colorway that Rev'it doesn't even make in the women's Sand glove and it's the same size/fit as my other Rev'it gloves in the same size.

I paid with PayPal and started a case using the buyer protection to get my money back.
    Muscongus likes this.
  14. Muscongus

Muscongus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, Good luck with Paypal! (not that I had a lot of hope of seeing a refund refund)
    How long did it take to get your "Rev'it" gloves?
    I got this from them today:

Hello John Manley,

After having reviewed all the details, and based on the information we have to date, we have to deny your case. This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualification for a billing dispute.

Transaction Information:

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-28764994

Transaction Amount: $55.55 USD

Dispute Amount: $55.55 USD

Transaction ID: 83P51280PP173134T

Transaction Date: April 8, 2019
  15. OKcarburetor

OKcarburetor n00b

Oddometer:
    I bought some of the Sand 3 gloves from Aliexpress. $23, worth a shot. They are absolutely fake trash haha. The armor is just rubber and fit is completely different than the real thing. Guess I have some new gardening gloves.
  16. Motonirvana

Motonirvana Can't make this shit up

Oddometer:
    I love my Sand 3's and use them both for dual sport and street riding. Not to pile on the hurt, but I think $23 should have been a red flag. If I were selling one of my used two pairs of Sand 3's that I have, I'd be asking $50 easily. At least it's only $23 and not more. We've all been in the same situation. Live and learn.
  17. OKcarburetor

OKcarburetor n00b

Oddometer:

Ya, I'm going to buy a real pair this weekend. They seem great hot weather gloves.
    Motonirvana likes this.
  18. dr. jones

dr. jones Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  19. Muscongus

Muscongus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Okay,
    The "Rev'it" gloves arrived today.
    I don't have the real Rev'it gloves to compare, so I will not comment on quality.
    Before I knew for certain they were indeed counterfeit I wrote to change my order from Large to XL as I read the real ones run small.
    "No problem, you'll get the correct size" Size Large arrived.
    It's almost comical:
    ZgFyI+VrQ4SLikuf5aosug.jpg
    rider1150gsadv and flei like this.
  20. dr. jones

dr. jones Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    well, you got 4 fingers - that's a win.