Scenic - iPhone & iPad App Alternative to Garmin Zumo and TomTom Rider

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by gve, Jul 18, 2016.

1. gve

gve Guido

Oddometer:
    OK. Thanks for letting me know. This has my highest priority now.

There is an option in the iOS settings app that will send crash reports to me automatically. Could you check if this is on? In the iOS settings tab go to ‘Privacy’ —> Diagnostics & Usage —> Make sure to check ‘Automatically Send’ and at the bottom switch ‘Share with App Developers’ to ON. That way, if Scenic should crash, I will get a report from this which will help me debug and find the cause of the crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  2. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:

I'll turn this on for awhile as I'm having some crashing issues also.
  3. gve

gve Guido

Oddometer:
    Thanks. The more people turn this on the more info I get to resolve this!

4. valkraider

valkraider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I turned on the send-data setting. You should have one crash coming your way from this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. 919nick

919nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've updated to the latest version and tested a route today. I'm still getting the straight arrow until I get close to the next turn. Then it switches to the correct direction. This was not a preplanned route, but just enter an address and go. Any suggestions?
  6. gve

gve Guido

Oddometer:
    I have put this on the list to fix for the next update. Thanks for letting me know.

919nick likes this.
  7. Traxx

Traxx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My scenic has been crashing during the ride and when I try to resume it moves to back ground. I sent an email a week ago and still have not received a response. As of now it is deleted from my phone after deleting and reloading and checking for updates and I am back to using copilot.
  8. gve

gve Guido

Oddometer:
    I am aware of the crashing issue. It has my highest priority now to get this fixed. Also there were some problems with the support form on Motomappers.com. I didn't get the messages. My apologies for that.

9. valkraider

valkraider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One thing I have noticed (lower priority than the crashing of course) is that when navigating or tracking - any phone notification that pops up stays - they get stuck and don't go away until they get swiped.

No biggie - just slightly annoying.

Keep up the good work.

10. gve

gve Guido

Oddometer:
    OK. I'll put it on the list. Tx.

11. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think that may be an iOS 10 thing. I noticed mine doing that in other apps as soon as I updated to 10. As annoying as it is, I haven't looked into a way to turn it off yet.
  12. gve

gve Guido

Oddometer:
    Yup. Can confirm this now. With the upgrade to iOS10, alerts look the same as banners, with the difference that they don't go away automatically. Also, for some apps (e.g. the Phone app) it appears that notifications are set to Alerts by default when upgrading to iOS10. If you change this to Banners again (iOS Settings App -> Notifications -> TheAnoyingAppWithAlerts) it should be the way it was before. Some more information here.
  13. gve

gve Guido

Oddometer:
    I've looked into this. Turns out it's not a bug but a 'feature'. The straight arrow indicates that there is currently no turn you need to 'worry' about. You just need to follow the road until 'further instructions are received'. When the first turn instruction is received (depending on the sort of road you are on, between 1.5 miles to 300 feet before the turn) the arrow changes. Hope this explains?
    Traxx and DRONE like this.
  14. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    I guess I'm not paying attention. Hadn't used Scenic for a while. Opened it today and got a message that my maps were out of date and did I want to update them. I said OK. Next thing I know, all my maps have been deleted and Scenic wants me to spend $40 on credits in order to get the new maps. I had a different solution. I deleted the app. Maybe I'll try it again next Spring after the "big" winter update.
  15. Cardsdaddy

Cardsdaddy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's all wrong. Email the developer and he'll make it right. I have been in touch with him periodically and he's been great. guido@motomappers.com

jdubb75 likes this.
  16. gve

gve Guido

Oddometer:
    If you log in to Scenic with the same account as you originally purchased the maps with, you'll notice there's a green download button (in stead of a red one) next to the maps you downloaded before. This green button indicates you can download that map without credits. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.
    I'll change this to make it more obvious you don't have to pay for them again.

charliektm400exc likes this.
  17. terrapin_sd

terrapin_sd n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm planning to ride down Baja California this December. Does anyone know if there is decent map data available for that area for the scenic map?

18. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    Yeah--I think Guido is great. Definitely a great vendor. Witness the post after yours. Witness this entire thread! This thread really shows what it takes to create and market a successful app. He works so hard! I think Scenic has the potential to be a very significant player in the Nav App arena.

On the other hand, I don't have any more trips planned for this Fall/Winter, and I really AM looking forward to the big update, so I'm not too upset about this hiccup. I'll wait until the Spring, then if I like the big update I'll sign up for Premium Forever.
    outbacktm likes this.
  19. gve

gve Guido

Oddometer:
    Not sure, but if you know the routes you want to ride / roads you want to take, you could do a comparison between Google Maps and Scenic. Plan your route in Google Map, then import it into Scenic through the all new WebApp and see if it results in the same route. Here is a link to the Scenic Tutorial Videos. Last one explains how to do this.
  20. Cardsdaddy

Cardsdaddy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gouda, didn't realize you were on this forum. The Google Maps import is a great feature, but it won't work if you are using Google maps in an iPhone browser such as Safari. WebApp on the Motorsports site says you have to have a destination even though the copied URL is that of a route made in Google maps on the phone. Note that I am not talking about the Google Maps app but rather using it in the browser.