Schitzophrenic Chatter

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rob1313, Mar 11, 2014.

1. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    What's your budget? And by that I mean time, money and energy. Any of these bikes is quite likely to bring you moments of sheer joy. And any of them can bring you sheer frustration. I loved my KTM. Best bike I ever rode, but worst bike I ever owned. Maintaining it was a bitch. And you have no dealer. I had a 2006 or so GS 1200. The cost of ownership for all things BMW from the bike to the keychain is double anything else. Go price out a skid plate for a GS and let me know how it compares. Seems people think if you an afford the bike, you can also afford to pay too much for extras and service. I can't speak about the multi having never ridden one. I understand they are awesome, but expensive and they can be finicky. The new strom. I don't know. Looks good, seems like a good bike price point wise. I'm not sure enough changes were made to the engine to make it feel any more powerful. Our members who currently own them can speak to that hopefully.
    You know what, your bike still has life in it, you are in no hurry. Ride em all. Buy the one that most turns your crank. At least you'll always smile when you see it in the garage.
  2. Whitey Jr

Whitey Jr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any of the Edmonton inmates have a parks pass Smurph and I can rent for a week?

Whitey Jr
  3. mardaf

mardaf "HellBent”

Oddometer:
    I was going to buy one coming back through the Jasper Park gates from the coast but forgot, sorry it was hour 10 on the bike and my brain was more concerned with how sore by butt was :D
  4. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    I haven't even made it that far this year....
  5. mardaf

mardaf "HellBent”

Oddometer:
    Not many things more important than riding but being a good Dad is one of them :clap
  6. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Thank you. I'm doing my best.
  7. millwright78

millwright78 Whiskey?????

Oddometer:
    Bump!

Lookin forward to the RTTH14. Just got back from camping in Mt. Robson this past weekend. Should have taken the bikes, oh well, next time. Not like the Canadian Rockies are going anywhere anytime soon.
  8. Freakhead

Freakhead Living Proof

Oddometer:
    Was a great weekend at Robson wasn't it? We had a family reunion at Robson Meadows. Had the entire fam so no bikes either!

Caught got at the Nordegg fire on the way home!
  9. istephens

istephens FJR Pilot

Oddometer:
    Hey folks!

There's still a couple of slots open at the Farm for tenting or swinging (in a hammock). If you can make it out and want to hang with the crowd, check out the website - RuntotheHills7.wordpress.com and get registered. Once you're registered, I'll send out directions.

Thanks!

ian

10. SMURPH

SMURPH Longtimer

Oddometer:
    I see Rob was out making a video during a test ride of the S10. Looks like he lost a few pounds too. Nice work.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YyxbhOYlCQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    You know you're getting older when you'd rather drop a few pounds than have the new bike....
  12. TSully

TSully Riding season please

Oddometer:
    Rob has been hacked or is delirious this morning I see.
  13. SMURPH

SMURPH Longtimer

Oddometer:
    As long as 'drop a few pounds' doesn't mean eliminate a smurf. Ha!
  14. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    I already bought two bikes this year....

*edit* and now a trailer
  15. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Na, you're alright in my book
  16. SMURPH

SMURPH Longtimer

Oddometer:
  17. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Yeah.... That sounds like a great idea. I could test out my waterproof stuff (did I ever tell you that my rain riding concept has always been to just keep riding, it'll stop and I'll dry eventually) and I could fight a forest fire too! I think I'll just suffer through the wedding, at least it isn't mine
  18. istephens

istephens FJR Pilot

Oddometer:
    Hey fellow schitzos,

Anybody thinking of heading out to Nakusp for the Horizons Unlimited event in Nakusp?

Due to some drastically changed travel plans this summer, I'm able to make Nakusp this year.

Lemme know ...

Ian
  19. istephens

istephens FJR Pilot

Oddometer:
    Louise and I will be leaving on a 9 day trip around NW Alberta (Peace River area) and NE BC. Supplies have been purchased and the packing has started.

We were going to be going out to Sarnia, but family issues require Louise to fly out when we get back from the bike trip.

I'm going to try my damnedest to update the blog and a ride report here on ADV.

It won't quite be the epic 8000 km trip we'd planned, but we are for sure going to make it to Dawson Creek after missing out on two previous attempts!

Ian
  20. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    No Nakusp this year for me. I was just talking about how much I enjoyed it yesterday. Hope you two have a great time out there.