Schuberth C4 Pro Helmet Review

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by VR46, Oct 18, 2018.

1. greatwhiteshark44

greatwhiteshark44 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been using the C3Pro with added SRC Comms. Purchased in Canada. two years later the sunvisor wires just collapsed. This may have been my own fault for closing the visor by pushing it back in rather than using the knob on the side. In Chile i took it to a shubert dealer and the visor system was fixed for $60USD (mas o menos). i didnt notice it at the time but the tech broke one of the retaining pins for the comms collar. it still stays in place. I just wished i'd removed it myself before handing it over for repair. Im going back to the store to upgrade my wife's old HJC for another C3Pro. Based on what've read here i think the C3Pro is a proven design and it works well and i know my wife will enjoy the new quiet....even with the SRC System connecting us. Imagine a world where all Comms gear was compatible with one another?
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  2. greatwhiteshark44

Oddometer:
    Does it not look just awesome?
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  3. Tim - DO THE TON

Tim - DO THE TON Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a C4 (non-Pro). They're selling at US$350 at a few online retailers. The Medium fits me as well as my Medium Shoei buckets - RF1100 and Hornet X2.

My RF is long in the tooth so it's time for a new touring helmet and I'm contemplating going to a modular (glasses) and at US$350 it's hard to argue with the C4 even if the shell is kind of large.
  4. VR46

VR46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You are so right. Especially sena with their "dedicated systems" for basically any high-end modular helmet right now: shoei neotec 2, schuberth c4 (pro) and AGV Sportmodular. I am sure the co-marketing works out well for them, but I don't really see the benefit for the rider besides the installation . It should be standardized, and there should be one communication protocol for any system of any brand.
  5. greatwhiteshark44

Oddometer:
    Actually the head shape is very different. The C3Pro and C4pro are same O shape the C4 tried a new « obolong » shape which is very uncomfortable to me. Hence why the C4 is going cheaper than C3Pro, they are not comfortable for many beans
    ADVwxyz likes this.
  6. googlefish

googlefish Just a Wannabe

Oddometer:
    That explains a lot. I have had every Schuberth flip since the first one, except for the C3 Pro, always in large. Ordered a C4 last year and it was super tight. Had to sell it without ever using it.

Wonder how the sizing is for the C4 Pro, or to get a larger size C4 on clearance.
    greatwhiteshark44 likes this.
  7. greatwhiteshark44

Oddometer:
    The C4 Pro regained the shape of past modular helmet and it also reconfigured the mic location. The two main complaints about the C4. I’m waiting for the C4Pro price to get on sale and be available as I live in Chile and all is soooo expensive here.
  8. AfricaWithAutism

AfricaWithAutism Adventurer

Oddometer:
    NEGATIVE REVIEW: I bought a c4 pro this year and have done about 1000miles with it now. I have one major problem - after about an hour it starts hurting my head. The foreheat to start with, and if I persist (aka don't take a head break) then it spreads to the top of my head and which point I start to feel nautious. After it starts I have to stop frequently and take the helmet off, which is a pain when you are trying to get somewhere!

The fit is fine, I took it back to the shop to double check, and they put some extra thin foam to see if it would help, but actually it made it worse! So I'm about to go back again but it would be good to know if anyone else has had this problem.
  9. greatwhiteshark44

Oddometer:
    What was your previous lid?
  10. AfricaWithAutism

Oddometer:
    x-lite
  11. greatwhiteshark44

Oddometer:
    Ok. Try the C4. It is rounder O than the pro which is 0 like the C3Pro.
  12. AfricaWithAutism

Oddometer:
    Oh - ok thx... :)
    greatwhiteshark44 likes this.
  13. Der Kaiser

Der Kaiser Caped Crusader

Oddometer:
    I am in the market for a new lid and am considering the Schuberth C4 Pro. My last helmet was a Schuberth C3 -- so I have no experience with the C3 Pro or C4. Can someone comment on the C4 Pro's fit compared to the C3? The C3 fit me like a glove and I need something that accommodates that head shape. As an alternative to the C4 Pro, I am considering a Shoei Neotech GT II Air. I like the integrated Sena communication unit in both and hopefully either the Schuberth or Shoei will fit. Thanks.
  14. rageabout

rageabout Say my name

Oddometer:
    Schuberth would have to make significant improvements over the C3 Pro for me to consider a C4 pro

- Pressure points on the forehead and top of head. Over time the pain was significant. Had to use a dremmel tool to remove some of the foam.
    - In a sudden heavy downpour the chin vent drove moisture in between the outer shield and anti fog shield to the point i had to pull over and remove the inner fog shield. (possibly my fault for not closing?)
    - Extremely difficult to install a Sena 20S
    - Poor ventilation - and needs another de-tent on the main shield so it can be barely cracked to compensate. First de-tent lets in to much air.
    - Padding does not permit one to wear glasses
  15. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love my C3Pro I have now.

I’m so confused though. I have preordered a C4Pro Carbon.

I went to try on a normal C4Pro Large and it is definitely tighter than my C3Pro Large. So much tighter that it will not go down to touch the crown of my head. Just to reassure myself, I tried on a new C3Pro Large and it fits very good.

I’ve heard that the Carbon is even tighter than the normal C4Pro.

And I also tried on an XL but it is too loose....
  16. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    If he is getting forehead pressure the helmet is already to round.

What he is looking for is the AGV modular.....the JDM Neotech II is damn near circular (I say this as a round oval) the American is a bit more oblong, fits me like a glove, the C4 fits me well (much like my S2) .....the AGV much more long, I can't get it to fit the sides of my head and front back at the same time.
  17. TuonoBiker

TuonoBiker Long timer

Oddometer:
    The standard C4 (not the C4 Pro) is an "Intermediate Oval" shape. The C4 Pro went back to a more "Round" shape.
  18. SidewinderX

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if the European C4Pro has a different shape than the American (DOT) version?
  19. TuonoBiker

TuonoBiker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can't imagine they would do that and not create a different model name.
  20. SidewinderX

Oddometer:
    I am basing this from vendors stating the DOT version is heavier than the Euro version.