1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Schuberth Helmets for ADVRiders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Nov 2, 2010.

1. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ordered an E-1 from my local dealership and it came in on June 10th. On the 11th, with that new hat on my bucket head, I rolled out of my driveway in central NC with Alaska in my sights. I had a nice supply of Advil on hand for the break-in period, too. Didn't need it at all. The E-1 fit was like that of my C-3 Pro. The only issue I had was a bit of "drag" trying to lower the sun visor but two drops of silicone lube ended that. The SRC Pro unit fit just fine, too. To date, this is the best helmet I've owned.

Mike
  2. Don Coyote

Don Coyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    What ratchet thing are you talkin? I didn't think the internal sunshield and main visor shared any mechanisms...

My main outer visor stays up until around 70, then it will slam shut if i tilt my head down. I was thinking of adding felt washers to the pivot points to see if it would hold open up to triple digits. I can't really do the C3 in summer heat with the visor shut... How much does the new chin vent on the E1 help?
  3. IslandSpark

IslandSpark Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Chin vent on the E1 when combined with the visor vent and top of shell vents flows a great amount of Air, i've never owned a C3 but i'm loving the E1
    mikegc likes this.
  4. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    They do not share any mechanisms. The internal sunscreen goes up and down with lots of difficulty. Something it not right with that mechanism. The external face shield is fantastic now.
  5. Don Coyote

Don Coyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would someone with a C3 look at the sunshield and note if "for daytime use only" or somesuch is printed on it anywhere? I just bought an E1 and the sunshield has that molded into the lower left edge, easily in my peripheral view. It is like a permanent bug splat on the left center of the visor. I can't believe i never noticed this on my C3 (now sent in for replacement)...
  6. mikegc

Oddometer:
    Don, my C3, C3 Pro and my E1 all have it on the lower left edge.

Mike
  7. Don Coyote

Don Coyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mike.

According to Brian at Schuberth NA, there have been three versions of this sunshield, i think one with each new helmet issue (athough all interchangeable). The second and third ones include an anti-scratch coating and were injection molded. The C3s produced after the C3Pro came out were retrofitted with the second version, so i guess the question should be does anyone have an older C3 that still has the first shield and does it have the printing molded on it? Not sure if there is a way to tell if you have the 1st or 2nd, just wondering if anyone doesn't have the printing.

BTW, once again service from Schuberth North America has been top notch, not much question in my mind that it is worth spending an extra 5% or what have you for a domestic seller versus foreign mail order discounts.
    mikegc likes this.
  8. mikegc

Oddometer:
    ^^^^^^^
    Don, I got my C3 in February of 2013. I'm not really sure when they were introduced

Mike