Scootering the murder and stripper capital of the world

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by roadcapDen, Dec 22, 2019.

1. eaglescan

eaglescan Borrego rocks Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is that the best seat ever? I want one.
    roadcapDen likes this.
  2. keyzard

keyzard Falls over a lot....

Oddometer:
    Well they did run it through the handle for additional safety.....so there's that.....:jack
    roadcapDen likes this.
  3. us1fedvet

us1fedvet n00b

Oddometer:
    I presume you're trying to insult our Pres. Why not stay on topic. You're the one who's confirming your choice of venues IS a $hithole.
    Bill Dirt and rufus like this.
  4. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    IMG_1991.JPG

Seen in the Cafe at the top of Spirit Mountain.

Attached Files:

Joris van O and Cal like this.
  5. roadcapDen

Oddometer:
    Road side strip club, Sirens, best to go in with little dinero (don't ask me how my friend knows, jaja) and some buddy's.
    IMG_1935.JPG

It's near Sandy eggo!

IMG_1934.JPG

Zoom in mi amigos!
    Yes, they knew l was taking their picture, you should see the ones l can't show here...

IMG_20200130_134611_kindlephoto-1155214588.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Joris van O

Joris van O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Den, your pictures are blurred. You need a better camera man! :D
    roadcapDen likes this.
  7. roadcapDen

Oddometer:
    Yes, I've been told repeatedly Joris clean you glasses! Jaja.

Good to hear you made it back home, WOW what a trip!!!
    Joris van O likes this.
  8. JuddS

JuddS Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    A candid analysis for travel to El Salvador: I spent some good times in El Salvador last month and like others, certainly enjoyed a cold one and the women. I’m attracted to dangerous place and “off limits” locations in the world. When I travel, I really get off the beaten path and like to see the countries I’m in. While in El Salvador, I stayed off the Panamarican and took mainly dirt roads / trails through towns that were small, out of the way, and I think mainly controlled by MS-13 or other gangs.

I had few problems in the main towns of San Salvador / San Miguel, but found the locals really telling me to get the hell out of there quickly once I headed more into the area of Yucuaiquin and up into Bolivar and the other small towns in the region. The trails I was taking between these small towns were also at the very limit of what my heavy adventure bike could handle. The people I would speak with (tortilla vendors, farmers and just random shop owners) started to get uncomfortable even being around me. The main advice I kept hearing was to not stop when they try to get me and to ride away fast.

I’ve lived half my adult life in Latin America and have learned a lot about how cheap life is in these countries. I’ve been involved with some tougher businesses, but nothing like drugs. I don’t suggest Americans / Canadians spend much time in this country and certainly not if they are not fluent in Spanish or have not lived for years in Latin America. A week at the beach whoring and drinking is probably somewhat safe, but travel throughout El Salvador is not. The intentional murder rate is literally the highest in the entire world. Getting killed over your sunglasses, much less a big adventure bike, can and does certainly happen.

No disrespect to anyone who disagrees with me, but these are just my thoughts for people who are considering a trip down to El Salvador. The consequences, in my humble opinion, can be very real.
  9. roadcapDen

Oddometer:
    @JuddS ,
    Which CA Country are you from if l may ask?

Salvadorans used to say Nic' Honduras and Guat' are dangerous, now they don't want to venture anywhere near a Gringo!I

My Swiss host at El Zonte hostel married to a Salvadoran, not the horse. The pair of branded horses would trot the town each day and come back at night.

image0-2.jpeg

7am and you hear these guys long before the y show up in town daily. "PAPAS, PAPAS, PAPAS"

IMG_1905.JPG
    Lost Cartographer, knight and Cal like this.
  10. JuddS

JuddS Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    roadcaDen - Great photos. I particularly love the pickup selling food. Its amazing how good those vegetables can taste down there. In the US, I feel like all the stuff I buy at the supermarket has no taste.

I have spent my time fairly equally between Mexico, Nicaragua and Costa Rica. I moved back to the USA 5 years ago though and still work a decent amount in latin america. Three very different countries, and certainly I don't claim to be an expert in El Salvador by any means.

Mexico and Costa Rica are about 2x as "rich" as the rest of the countries down there when viewed by GDP per capita and certainly costa rica is much safer than the rest. However, the income inequality (Gini Index) is much lower in el salvador when compared to the other countries, meaning the the rich people have less of the total money when compared to the other countries. People in el salvador are relatively more equal in terms of income than in the rest of latin america (key word is relatively, as the rich still have most of the money).

I guess my point in mentioning this is that these countries, aside from having the highest murder rates in the world, are also poor. Aside from Central Africa and India, these are some of the poorest countries in the world. Poverty and high murder rates are facts. Most americans and canadians in search of a little adventure, would be well advised to stay on the main routes or to spend some moderate time in the touristy beach towns where the gangs benefit more from tourists not being killed (recurring revenue from extorting business owners), rather than making a quick buck by killing and stealing their possessions.
    Lost Cartographer and roadcapDen like this.
  11. roadcapDen

Oddometer:
    Ok, back to the roots of this wandering wanderer.

IMG_1921.JPG

Local Ladies.

image1.jpeg

Like to put your "boat" in her "marina"?

IMG_2051.JPG

Up the creek at lowish tide.
  12. roadcapDen

Oddometer:
    A few more pics if anybody's still around?

Chiltiupan mountain village road, steep.

IMG_1909.JPG

Same village. IMG_20200130_095145.jpg

View from a tienda perched on the side of a cliff.

IMG_20200130_095503.jpg
  13. budsboy

budsboy I crashed the swing too. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey! Whores/jungles/beaches/scooters - what's not to love?
    roadcapDen likes this.
  14. roadcapDen

Oddometer:
    "Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." (Mason Cooley)

One of the 6 tunnels along the Pacific coast heading North to Guatemala.

IMG_20200130_085852.jpg

From San Salvador volcano looking towards the city.

IMG_20200203_151039_burst_01.jpg

IMG-20200402-WA0002.jpg
  15. roadcapDen

Oddometer:
    SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - El Salvador’s once-startling homicide numbers have fallen again, the government reported Wednesday, and some experts said the lock-down for the coronavirus pandemic may be playing a role.

Videos and audios have circulated of street gang members enforcing the lock-down, though the government says the decline is due to law enforcement measures.

The Central American country said there were 65 homicides in March, an average of 2.1 a day in a country that once saw as many as 600 slayings in some months.

IMG_20200204_120528.jpg
  16. roadcapDen

Oddometer:
    Street gangs enforcing quarantine.

The street gangs that have long terrorized El Salvador have now turned their attention from extortion and killing to a more pressing matter: enforcing social distancing restrictions, often with threats and baseball bats.

The gangs assumed their role as public health thugs after President Nayib Bukele ordered a 30-day lockdown that started March 22.

IMG_20200221_145801.jpg
  17. terryna

terryna Adventurer

Oddometer:
    amazing trip[​IMG]
    roadcapDen likes this.
  18. PVMotos

PVMotos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Chicks ride sportsters..
  19. PVMotos

PVMotos Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. roadcapDen

Oddometer:
    Wow a new joke...
    Thought it was a Scout or a Dyna:lol2

Locked down in El Salvador?

"strippers gyrate naked in front of 200 leering men in these scenes - filmed inside a maximum-security jail.

Inmates at Izalco Jail in El Salvador wrote to prison chiefs asking for permission for a disco and a show by a female dance group so they could celebrate a South American religious festival.

But the footage taken by a prisoner on his mobile showed the women dancers were strippers - and now an investigation is underway."

Better than at the beaches where they have armed guards and gangs.