Scootin My Way

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cdwise, May 24, 2019.

1. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    a day with sun and n snow so I took the green Vespa down to Boulder for service. After clearing the driveway. 4E41DFE2-BAAA-4929-B63D-B141D3D11390.jpeg
    Sadly I couldn’t take photos with my winter gloves on because the scenery was spectacular going from I70 to Boulder on Colorado 93.

It was 25f when I was clearing the driveway with the snow blower but 73 in Boulder. While I’d have preferred not to have spent 65 miles on I70 it was good to be out and about. The alternative route through Rocky Mountain National Park isn’t open yet.
  2. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love that color!
    cdwise likes this.
  3. Wolfeboats

Wolfeboats Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brrrrrr
  4. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Once upon a time, long ago, in a land far, far away I lived someplace where I had to wait for the snow to melt so I could ride. So I have some idea how you felt to get out and ride.

Hopefully the good weather will continue for you!
    cdwise likes this.
  5. cdwise

Oddometer:
    When we returned to Houston from Scotland it was rain, rain, rain until the last couple of days. Then we got to Breck where it was snow, snow, snow. Originally rain/snow was forecast for tomorrow but now it is showing sunshine until at least early afternoon so I may be able to get a tag tomorrow on Steve's Vespa since mine is down getting its service done.

BTW, it made it 50f eventually in Breck a few hours after my husband took that photo. I really should have pulled over and taken a layer off once I got down to the front range but it just didn't seem worth the time as long as I was moving.
  6. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is a beautiful color. Is that a bolt on or clamp on front rack? I have ridden in temperatures below 32 degrees F, but it's not much fun. You have to be so bundled up that you literally can't move.
  7. cdwise

Oddometer:
    Yes, that is an FA Italia front rack that clips on the top and secured by a bolted on hook at the bottom. By the time I left it was 35. That scoot has heated grips and I knew that once I was on the other side of Eisenhower Tunnel it would be in the 50s and 70s by the time I got to Boulder. So it was a bit cool the first few miles but Vespa has good wind protection so I only had a long sleeve shirt, Columbia fleece with reflective lining, quilted jacket line on top, jeans under my riding pants so not really all that bundled up.

I plan on heading out on the red Vespa for lunch soon as I finish transferring some photos and backing up my phone. My husband is heading back down to Denver to visit his mom in hospital again with the car. She isn't recovering as well as we'd like from her virus and bronchitis.
    klaviator likes this.
  8. cdwise

Oddometer:
    Well it sure was loverly when I left.
    IMG_4365.jpg

Could you ask for prettier blue skies and the snow is where it belongs on the slopes.

Headed over to one of my favorite roads.
    IMG_4370.jpg

The lake is much lower than normal this time of year but that’s because most of the water is still up on the sides of the mountains.
    IMG_4371.jpg

I grabbed a photo of the closest thing to a food truck we have here in Breckenridge after I discovered the Mountain Lion truck was not in its usual place, a 20 mile ride on twisty mountain roads only to find it not there. Oh well Crepes a la Carte is a Breckenridge tradition.
    IMG_4373.jpg

Next stop was to find a new tag so I figured a trail or trailhead parking would work.
    IMG_4375.jpg
    IMG_4377.jpg

Oh you all know how much I like dirt well this is what I rode to get there.
    IMG_4379.jpg

Not up to Klav standards but enough for me, especially since the clouds had rolled in and a few flakes of the white stuff started falling. So time to GT the road home.
    IMG_4380.jpg

Vespa is back in the garage and I discovered that I was bruced n the tag Oh well time for a late lunch since I didn’t want to waste the sunshine earlier.
  9. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    That’s braver than me. I won’t ride in the cold anymore.
  10. cdwise

Oddometer:
    It wasn't really that cold, 50f 'most of the time. Sun is back out.
    The Virginian and klaviator like this.
  11. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good stuff Cheryl and I hope you share your adventures on this thread!

Eric
  12. cdwise

Oddometer:
    Well Eric it it's snowing again and depending on which weather forecast you look at may continue for most of this week. O there's forecast rain and frankly unless I have a good reason such as being on a trip riding in the rain when it is 50f isn't my idea of fun. When I took the green GTS in for service they asked when I needed it back. My reply was no real hurt since I snore is forecast for next week and I need a snow/rain free day to ride the red one down for it's service (and install of Admore light kit in the topcase, I don't mess with electrical) my plan will be to ride back through Golden and Clear Creek Canyon. A beautiful ride along the creek where you often see climbers and sometimes see mountain goats.

Who knows by the time the red one has had it's service Mt Evans or Ricky Mountain National Park may even be open. Course RMNP makes it a 5.5 hour ride home instead of 2,25 hours but is a lot more fun than I70
    CaptnJim, The Virginian and klaviator like this.
  13. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I have to say your auto correct makes for some entertaining reading. How does the weather forecaster know you will snore next week?
    :jack

I know the green Vespa is your new GTS. Is the red one an older GTS?
    Tromper likes this.
  14. cdwise

Oddometer:
    No the red one is actually newer. It is my husband's 2019 that's why the scooter tags from our time in Houston sometimes had me riding the Buddy.
  15. cdwise

Oddometer:
    A88EF69D-326C-457C-AC92-2AE25D05AB8A.jpeg Sure am glad I got out on the Vespa over the weekend. This is what it looks like outside right now. We wiki need at least one day off sunshine to melt it again.
    ScooterJon likes this.
  16. klaviator

Oddometer:
    We've been in the 90s here for over a week now.
  17. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good night... What the heck?
  18. cdwise

Oddometer:
    Forecast for tomorrow is rain but I don't believe it.
  19. KansasKawboy

KansasKawboy KK

Oddometer:
    We have had rain for the last month and Tuesday evening a tornado to make things interesting. The tornado didn't effect us other than we had to stop working and take cover for a while. This is the wettest May in Kansas City history.
  20. ZigzagguzzI

ZigzagguzzI Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    At my house rain only one day in 2 weeks, highs upper 90 to 100. Fires starting to show up.