Scorpion Yukon Jacket

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by bigborefan, Jan 22, 2015.

1. nortoncat

nortoncat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I use the Klim Adventure shorties gloves with my Yukon jacket and that combo works great. I have some gauntlet gloves, but there is no way I can get those under the sleeve of the Yukon. I wish the sleeve was expandable (more).

To earlier comments about jacket stiffness - its stiff at first but after your body warmth gets to the protection and the jacket gets some wear - it breaks in well.
  2. sarathmenon

sarathmenon Armchair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Since you folks have had it for some time, what is the long term verdict on these? My Olympia X-moto pants are in need of an upgrade and I was debating between the Yukon pants and the updated Olympia. How are these pants in hot weather? My primary concern with waterproofing baked in is that the apparel tends to be like an oven while standing still. Also, are these durable enough?
  3. darkstarmoto

darkstarmoto Am I evil? Yes I am

Oddometer:
    Still loving mine. Yes, after 80°F they are kinda hot...the venting is good but I bet there isn't a pair of WP riding pants that aren't hot at that point. The build quality is really good...I'd say they are durable IMO.
  4. sarathmenon

Oddometer:
    Yikes, do these feel uncomfortable after 80F when you are riding? I understand the hot feeling when at rest, I was hoping these would be sort of okay once you get moving.
  5. darkstarmoto

darkstarmoto Am I evil? Yes I am

Oddometer:
    Not unbearable...but warm while standing around (they are black), once underway not bad. I only got into the low-mid 80's last season in them so I can't comment about hotter ambient.
  6. sarathmenon

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that is confidence inspiring. I am looking at the lighter color option. My neighborhood BMW dealer is listed as a retailer, I'll drop by there this weekend to give it a try.
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    The designer of that jacket use to work at Klim...designing jackets. He's an inmate here but stays under the radar. I've seen all the new Scorpion gear and it's awesome gear!
    eddyturn and Y E T I like this.
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    FM has a great selection of Scorpion gear for sure. Another option is the new Performance Cycle location in S. Denver. They went BIG and are now the largest gear shop in the state by a good margin. These 2 shops are not too far from each other and between the 2 you can find most everything in the Moto market for anyone living in Colo or coming here to ride.
  9. HOFNAR

HOFNAR Nobody panic. Let’s all clam down.

Oddometer:
    I know this thread is for the Yukon jacket, but I'm curious to know if anyone has worn the pants over mx style boots. I wear Alpinestars Tech 8
  10. shadowchrome

shadowchrome Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They fit fine over my Sidi Adventures.
  11. sarathmenon

Oddometer:
    I got the Yosemite pants from Revzilla yesterday, and they fit over my Gaernes easily. There is not much room after putting in the boots, which works to keep the knee armor in place.
  12. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bill, I was wondering where he ended up. I like his ideas and will have to check out their stuff in the future.
  13. Grizzwald

Grizzwald Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just picked up the Yukon suit and the pants fit over my Alpinestars tech 7 fine but if you have big calves I would try them on before because I have small calves and my large Yukon pants just fit over them. I also had to un-hem the pant to make them longer with my 32" inseam.
  14. Flappy613

Flappy613 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I want to drop a line of thanks to Scorpion for making this jacket. Just had a lowsider where my Tiger laid down on top of my shoulder after I lost my happy thoughts up in the clouds last week.

Got the front stuck in a (hidden) formerly paved rut which slammed the bike down on my left side rupturing my Rotopax with the impact of the landing. Hit my left shoulder on a concrete curb dislocating it and my hip hit the ground as well as the plastic shrouds on the left hand side wiping off my left front blinker (2nd one).

My point though is to say thank you to the designer and maker of this jacket. Although I was not too terribly happy with the weight increase in this jacket in relation to my former damp weather gear, this one saved my hide enabling me to recover the bike and get home. The shoulder armor in particular saved my bacon as the left one was the first thing to hit after the bars and all I did was dislocate it enabling me to pick up the bike afterwards instead of sit there and press my Spot helplessly and wait. And just for an additional bonus....all that happened to the jacket is a small 10mm or so abrasion where the concrete impacted the cordura. Pretty sure a damp cloth and a new shoulder cup will sort me and that is a pretty good feeling after having to account for all the other stuff that got broken. A damned well made product which I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone who actually might use the stuff out in the sticks all alone.

Oh and P.S.- It keeps water out pretty well and yes, the sleeves are NARROW making glove selection a bit of hit or miss. I've been running Cortech full gauntlet leather waterproofs with good results as long as I don't take them off. Otherwise water wicks down the sleeve under the gauntlet getting inside the liner and getting your hands wet.
    Additionally I don't think I'd run this over 80 degrees Fahrenheit even with the generous venting. It's pretty comfy up to about 70 then you can vent it comfortably to about 75 or so. Then it gets too hot and restrictive for me but as this is a wet weather jacket not a thing.
    Questor and Y E T I like this.
  15. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry to read about your get-off. This is a fantastic jacket. It's made me sell my Klim pieces. I've never been wet in mine. I also swapped the Sas-Tec armor for D3O for better range of motion for offroad and gravel. And I agree, anything much over the upper 70s and I grab my Scorpion Yuma instead. That jacket is equally impressive.
    Y E T I likes this.
  16. Questor

Questor More Undestructable

Oddometer:
    Hey Flappy613.

I saw the Bob Hannah quote in your signature line.
    Have you seen this video?

:evil
    Q~
    waylongway likes this.
  17. Duckworth

Duckworth Taking the high road

Oddometer:
    I'm necromancing this thread a bit to see if there are any more longer term impressions of the Scorpion Yukon.

I am considering this jacket as a possible contender to replace my aging Darien eventually. I love my Darien, but they have gotten so expensive over the past ten years, and there are so many more good jackets available now that are worthy of consideration.

So how is the Scorpion holding up for users now that some more time has passed? Is there anyone who's had both a Darien and a Yukon who can offer some side by side impressions?
  18. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got the pants and like them but I can't say anything about "long term" as I haven't been able to ride enough.

For the jacket, I got the Yosemite just for the hi-viz. I like the blocking on that Yosemite and wish they offered that in the Yukon.
  19. atomizer

atomizer Be here now

Oddometer:
    I'm still really liking the Yukon. For the price, the features cannot be beat.
    Almost 2 yrs hard riding with mine. I use it for 3 seasons, too hot in Summer. I have a Yuma for Summer weather.
    However, the Yukon in driving rain will leak a little water through the arm zip vents. So your arms will get a little damp. Everywhere else is bone dry.
    Other than that the jacket has been awesome.
    I think the features and armor are better than the Darien's.
    I have had both.
    Hope that helps...

20. dwenglis

dwenglis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would love to see this jacket for sale somewhere. Or on closeout.