Scorpion Yukon Jacket

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by bigborefan, Jan 22, 2015.

1. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sucks. I am on the third pair. Brand new warranty replacement for the fooking zipper and it looks the same to me. Not sure I even want to put them on (well, my had is in a cast so no hurry). Probably just sell them on the forum and take a hit on them. Shit zipper but it's a YKK - aren't they supposed to be the greatest thing? Not if they too are made in China.
  2. RJAMT

RJAMT Who remembered the winch? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the jacket is pretty nice but the pants are junk. Too bad since the armor is nice and the diagonal pockets are fantastic.

Good thing there is a gusset behind the zipper so your willie doesn't fall out when the zipper fails.

I'm going to replace the crap zipper with a real one and not buy anymore Scorpion gear.
    slane6 likes this.
  3. stilrolz

stilrolz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You're right on the money with the gusset. I was in the rain today too. I stayed dry even with the zipper separating at the end of the ride. I also like that option on a replacement zipper. I have a local tailor that might be able to help, but I'm going to hit up Scorpion first, especially with the pocket tear issue as well. In short, I'm going to give them a chance and then go from there if it happens again.
  4. divotdm

divotdm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. ripngrip

ripngrip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After two years I’m still happy with the jacket and pants. Only negative is that I got some leaking of moisture in the elbows (inside elbows) this year during a day of crazy all day rain on an extended tour. Hadn’t had that before, vents were closed, not sure if seams are failing as the jacket ages.

In a subsequent day of lighter rain wasn’t an issue, may have just been that one day. For the close out price I think it is definitely worth it.
  6. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
  7. ahung12

ahung12 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got the jacket and pants from Revzilla. Jacket $275 on closeout and pants $180 on sale. They still have nearly all sizes in black, more limited for the grey colorway.
    DCrider likes this.