1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Scrambler Ducati....yep...its back!

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Jbone11 11, Jun 9, 2014.

1. marc2

marc2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You can test the resistance of the coils with a multimeter (plenty of help on YouTube) to see if they're in spec.
    I couldn't find the spec online, but you could just compare the readings from both coils as I wouldn't think they would be wildly different if the coils are okay.
    Best of luck.
    LuciferMutt likes this.
  2. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    So I think I want to give Rexxer tuning a try and make my bike run a little better. Coils and everything are OK, it's just fueled way too lean.

I'm extremely confused about who to contact/where to buy a Rexxer "user box," since I'd also like to be able to reset service indicators, etc. I know a few of you have gone the Rexxer route; where do you order it?
  3. tmh

tmh It's A Wonderful Day For Pie

Oddometer:
    David Lillard - President
    david@rexxer.com

Rexxer USA
    2976 Virginia Beach Blvd
    Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452

He did well by me.
    LuciferMutt likes this.
  4. JaySwear

JaySwear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Let me know how you like the unit/how easy install is if you do go that route. I put a new exhaust on my bike and, without a catalytic converter, it's running very poorly. Going to put the old exhaust back on before I start riding it again next season. Then decide if it's worth it to tune the thing or if I'm just going to stick with the stock exhaust.
    LuciferMutt likes this.
  5. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I used the "contact us" form on their website, so if I can't get something worked out I'll email David directly.
  6. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    David did get in touch with me and I just sent him the ECU form for a user unit. Will keep this thread updated -- I'm excited to make this bike finally run right. It was never horrible, but just "off" enough to be mildly annoying, particularly at low speeds and in traffic.
  7. stujamur

stujamur keep rollin rollin rollin

Oddometer:
    7E26B698-42DF-4C09-894B-FA6CE8160457.jpeg Ye i picked up a 15 ft , previous owner just put on pipe but did not tune , i also find it hard to ride at low speed / revs.
    So going to get rexxer tune also , may also do g2 throttle tamer and desert sled throttle both of which help that off throttle snatch

ue
    JaySwear and LuciferMutt like this.
  8. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    Waiting on the updated map, but that's because I sent him my ECU read file on 12/24. I'm not expecting anything until next week.
  9. stujamur

Oddometer:
    I have a place 40 mins from me i can ride to , they map and i ride home .. happy days , hopefully
  10. RealOldDualSportGuy

RealOldDualSportGuy If we can't laugh, we will all go insame Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good looking ride

Enjoy
  11. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    Got my modified map file today! Just uploaded it to the user device and, once it gets above freezing in the garage, I'll write it to the ECU. Excited!
    JaySwear likes this.
  12. JaySwear

JaySwear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! We had some seriously unseasonably warm weather here so I took the time to put the Termi with the catalytic converter back on. It just runs so much better with the cat and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about retuning, if I decide to do anything at all. I do seriously love the sound and look of the QD exhaust but the Termi just makes the bike run right. No stalling because the bike isn't warm enough, no awful backfiring (a little is ok), and it just runs smoothly. I do miss having that great looking QD exhaust on the bike though! Still debating on going with a Rexxer unit.
  13. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    I think a Rexxer will solve your cat-less issues with ease.
    Unfortunately I did not get to work on the bike today -- it only got colder and then snowed for half the day. I didn't really want to freeze my ass off in the garage and then not even be able to take a test ride. Saturday is looking much better though. I will let you know how it runs!
  14. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    update: I flashed the ECU today finally. Took about 3 minutes. Then, per David, I unplugged the O2 sensors at their connections, ziptied the plugs out of the way. Then I used the Evo unit to reset the TPS and clear the adaptive parameters. Buttoned everything up and took a ride to the gas station to reset the trip odo so I can see if my fuel economy changes.

I only did about 11 miles around town today, but initial impressions are very good. The hesitation/flat spot at 4K RPM while cruising is gone. The surging and inconsistent feeling in power as the revs pick up is gone. Some of the low end snatchiness is gone. Most of the low RPM bucking and grumbling when you roll on the throttle at low speeds is gone. I didn't have any weird fueling hiccups while blipping for downshifts anymore. The engine is also running noticeably cooler. So far so good! Power output feels about the same to me -- maybe the mid-range feels a bit fuller, but my butt dyno is not very sensitive. Then again, I committed to this mod to make the bike run right, not find extra power.

On the negative side, I was unable to turn off my desmo service light, even though I used the "reset service light" option on the Evo. I'll try this again over the weekend before I email David about it. Otherwise I'm pleased so far. It's a powerful feeling knowing that if I want to add an aftermarket exhaust, delete the cat, or re-install the stock map, I can do all of those things with minimal effort now that I have the Evo unit in hand. of course I would have to pay David for any new maps for new exhausts, but I consider that part of the cost of the mod.
  15. RealOldDualSportGuy

RealOldDualSportGuy If we can't laugh, we will all go insame Supporter

Oddometer:
    Horsepower cost money

How fast do you want to go?
    DesertPilot likes this.
  16. tmh

tmh It's A Wonderful Day For Pie

Oddometer:
    IIRC the desmo service light can't be turned off by the Rexxer. Basic oil service light - yes. Desmo service light - no.
  17. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, that would be very annoying, as the oil service light only ever illuminates once -- at 1000km/600mi. The Desmo light is the one that recurs every 7500 miles.
  18. stujamur

Oddometer:
    Brisbane australia
    Did the rexxer map with gary from totque power
    Like above bike so much better to ride, smooth , not snatchy . Very enjoyable
    Cost $425 plus gst
  19. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    New front tire time!

FYI, The somewhat new Dunlop RoadSmart 3 is available in the somewhat odd 110/80/18 size our Scramblers need. It's a competitor to the PR4 and 5.

I had it mounted last Friday; only have about 20 miles on it so far, but it was $130ish for the tire including tax at my local indy shop which was a killer deal, and they mount/balance for $20 (wheel off bike). Still running a PR4 on the back, which looks like it has another 4000 miles or so left in it. I think I'm going to like this new Dunlop -- I haven't run anything but Pilot Roads (2s, 3s, 4s) in over a decade, but Michelin, in their infinite wisdom, has stopped making a tire that fits the 18" front on the Scrambler. :baldy
  20. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since they're French, that would be 'sagesse infinie' :D

Thanks for the reminder about the Dunlaps. Let us know how that tire works out. I'll need to decide on some new rubber in another month or so, and I'd be happy to benefit from your experience.
    LuciferMutt likes this.