Screw it! I'm gonna ROOST and sleep in the dirt!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Joe Motocross, Sep 27, 2020.

1. SlowerThanYou

SlowerThanYou Thimble of Knowledge Supporter

Oddometer:
    Adjust-A-Fork your feelings.
    Foiler, Zubb, dano619 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    The water level at the res was as low as I think I’ve ever seen it. At its highest water level, only the tip of that little peak is sticking out. Our camp from the previous night is well underwater at that point.
    d11b - 1.jpg

Another gorgeous day was in store although once again we were looking at temps pushing 90. You gotta consider this when planning your route. We backtracked up the graded road to start the day.
    d11b - 2.jpg

We crested the pass and the haze gave the desert landscape a unique feel. Desolate. Out there. Perfect.
    d11b - 3.jpg

We traversed down the old mining dugway which the county keeps maintained now. Nice way to start the day.
    d11b - 4.jpg

Hotstuff and I wanted to wander around the desert a bit. We didn’t bring shoes along just to sit around camp, I can assure you of that. There was a slot canyon nearby that I had hiked in during the mid 90s and I thought she’d like it. We took a couple of hours to explore it.
    d11b - 5.jpg

You can’t screw around in these canyons if there is any sort of rain possible. Picture this canyon with a torrent of water flushing through with enough force to bring this tree down and jam it in the rocks. A few times a year on average, a number of people get caught in these slots and get flushed to their death. Frightening.
    d11b - 6.jpg

The shady canyon was just the ticket for a quick morning walk. Temperatures were quite pleasant down in there.
    d11b - 7.jpg

Approaching mid day, the sun was high in the sky and shade was becoming more sparse. Time to move. We hopped on the bikes and enjoyed the wind rushing past us.
    d11b - 8.jpg
    chudzikb, willibauer, mnTwin and 33 others like this.
  3. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    How far would that tree have to travel to land in the canyon? I don't see anything that size in any of your pics!
    Foiler likes this.
  4. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    First time i've seen you without overalls! Priceless! Awesome segment and of course the last one. Cheers!
    Ginger Beard likes this.
  5. powderpig

powderpig Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You seem to live healthier when Hotstuff is around...no Crow, going for healthy walks. Just sayin'
    karter18 likes this.
  6. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Good question. Looks like a Cottonwood to me. These grow along these canyons/washes. I'm guessing it was a dead one that one of the flash floods got a hold of. Still could have come from miles upstream.

Yeah, she keeps me in shape. That said, she's not afraid of polishing off a little more wine or gin than is needed now and again.
  7. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    I need to thank you a-holes for all the inspiration you've given me. I built a new prototype today. The Adjustafork 8.0 Libtard Forest Rake. I think it's going to be a good seller with the California and Oregon tree huggers.
    8420D196-3813-46C5-9A97-0229112E99ED.jpeg
  8. outbacktm

outbacktm Bullrun Bison Supporter

Oddometer:
    Adjustagrill aka forest rake
    Looks like it would do the job for a Spotted owl
    :clap
  9. satchmo3

satchmo3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You might be able to hunt and cook with that thing, possibly defend oneself too.
  10. NicKel78

NicKel78 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes. Yes there is. It's a damn good look, especially bent over the bike seat. The gf was going to end up in the same 2 piece bikini after riding today until she fell and separated her shoulder.
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  11. svo_jon

svo_jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What do you do with that lathe?
  12. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn man, what a killer place to awaken; even if you had to endure doing so without the croffee. Taking your time to enjoy the morning in such a place is the perfect type of reset.

Great update @Joe Motocross, still have a page to catch up on and look forward to doing so. And @staticPort...bahahahaha...repurposed forest rake just about had me spew coffee. Well done.
    Joe Motocross and staticPort like this.
  13. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Holy f*cking hell that's one of the funniest g*ddamn things I've come across on here @Joe Motocross :lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2. I will definitely order one of those; planning to order a couple more adjusta-forks for buddies as they were a huge hit during a recent outing to China Hat, so just let me know.

I'm going to be laughing about that all damn day, glad the short side conversation from a couple pages ago caused the creative spirit to drive the creation of Libtard Forest Rake...I'll use it with pride...LOL.
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  14. Norty01

Norty01 Occupant

Oddometer:
    Really enjoying this thread!

(Is it too early to put in for 10 LFR's?)

We have a forest in town, and the City might be able to use these...
    Foiler and Joe Motocross like this.
  15. shakelferd rusty

shakelferd rusty n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm in full throttle lib-tard Oregon, when can we buy the rake edition?!
  16. powderpig

powderpig Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    There needs to be a collapsable, 6' spear shaft option. Of course, in the spirit of ADV-F, the shaft would also serve as a lever to move trees from the trail, a fishing pole to drag big catfish from the reservoir, a snake removal tool...the possibilities are endless.
    outbacktm and satchmo3 like this.
  17. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    Ya know for the weight of the extra 4 tongs ya might as well just go ahead and bring the Crow :photog
    wetwider and karter18 like this.
  18. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    ... and the chair.
    karter18 likes this.
  19. staticPort

staticPort Meditrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    You guys are missing the point (Points?) here; the new eight-tined Forest Rake will allow libtards to spend a few hours preventing forest fires every riding day as atonement for the sin of burning fossil fuel in pursuit of Roost Nirvana. At the close of such a well spent day they will have earned a succulent, fire-roasted repast courtesy of their magnificent multi-function Adjustaforks. At long last balance can be restored to the biosphere.
  20. svo_jon

svo_jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :imaposer Holy crap!!! Thats funny!!! I think I need hip waders... !!!! Totally nailed it!
    outbacktm likes this.