Screw it! I'm gonna ROOST and sleep in the dirt!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Joe Motocross, Sep 27, 2020.

1. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ah damn @Joe Motocross, all good things must come to an end huh. Have thoroughly enjoyed another one of your RRs. Hell man, didn't this thing start with you and Wally heading out in the desert and then some nutter (Swag) from the PNW over-loaded with crap joined the fray? Fack man, what way to round out the 2020 riding season - good on ya. I'll admit that going to the extent of the ADV-F isn't likely in my future riding where I do (and I'm a fan of the chair...lol); but on multiple occasions I've considered getting a nice bivy setup so I could ditch the tent if I make it out east and ride in your neck of the woods.

Again, stunning scenery and looks like phenomenal riding - especially that climb HS hits - you actually captured the steepness of the track in the shot. I want to ask about the 2nd to last picture - crazy looking moon rocks scattered about. Those look very volcanic and the scene makes me think of what riding on Mars would be like. Any insight into 'em by chance? How the hell did rocks that big end up scattered like that?

Look forward to the epilogue and all the wisdom/sarcasm it'll contain. I still pull up that shot of you and the libtard adjusta-forest rake and laugh my ass off; f*cking hell that is still so damn funny. We need more of that, now more than ever.

Knobby side down in all travels man.
  2. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Utah geology is amazing.
    https://geology.utah.gov/popular/general-geology/geologic-history/utah-a-geologic-history/#:~:text=Basalt flows and volcanic cones,carving of the canyonlands begins.

Just so you know, mars doesn't have any oxygen in it's atmosphere so plan on bringing an electric motorcycle.
  3. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    Yeah, you're getting the hang of it. All you gotta do is Google search some bible versus and add some b.s. about roosting. Blasphemy? Hardly. Why reinvent the wheel when making up a new religion?
  4. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    I recently noticed that the 520 isn't an available choice anymore in some online parts supplier's menu choices. However, parts are easy to come by because the 525 shares so many of the same parts. Hotstuff's bike has definitely been around the block. Oddly enough, we just sold it on Sunday. She's getting a 500.
  5. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    I assume I'll hear from you when you decide to come down. If we time it right, you won't even need a bivy.

You nailed it there with "volcanic". Those big round black boulders were so out of place that I had to research what they were.
    liv2day likes this.
  6. mkweaver

mkweaver Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Those are volcanic rocks. I wondered about them my first time in Capitol Reef:
    https://www.nps.gov/care/learn/nature/blackboulders.htm
    tlrmark and Foiler like this.
  7. staticPort

staticPort Meditrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Especially when you're inventing a "two wheel" religion . . . :rofl
  8. Foiler

Foiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sure hope you are out riding and enjoying this great fall weather. I havent been on a bike in over 4 months
  9. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Dammit, ride's over. What am I supposed to do now, get on my own bike and get out there?
  10. ricko1320

ricko1320 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good stuff Joe, as always ! can't wait for the next one.
  11. Frostguiding

Frostguiding Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great thread! Thanks for posting. You're in good company in Day Trippin'. Paper maps, campfires and carburettors. (How do you spell carbu...?) Very envious as winter closes in here.
    But now @Osadabwa the XRR crew are following. Where we go, we don't need indicators. Or batteries, fuel gauges, electric start, comfy seats and strong subframes. Well sometimes we do but we'll never admit it. :-)
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  12. Skidyflidy

Skidyflidy We’re the Fakawe - Tribe

Oddometer:
    Black Dragons.jpg
    I was in Black Dragon Canyon last March and the Dragons were flying.
  13. liv2day

Oddometer:
    @Joe Motocross

Time to come clean man. All this talk of ADV-F and someone finally discovered one of your unreported rides to the UT desert. I mean, how the hell did you manage to secure this monolith to the 950?

My guess, it's full of adjustaforks.

Utah Monolith.

I had a good, hard laugh when I stumbled across this story...and immediately thought of you :lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2

Hope all you folks have a great Turkey Day.
    Yeti2ride, karter18, DCrider and 6 others like this.
  14. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    I was about to post the same. I immediately thought of the Fundamentalists when I saw record of their shenanigans in the desert.
  15. borderlinebob

borderlinebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CANADA-100 ft N of International Falls, MN
    Exactly— Joe has not hidden the fact that he has stashes of “forks” out there to fill his multitude of orders that he gets while out minimalizing.

That thing could actually be a totally self contained “fork 3D printer”.

Time to find a new location Joe.

Need a hand moving it?

I’m sure some helpers/volunteers are reading this right now.

:jack
    Joe Motocross, liv2day and Foiler like this.
  16. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    This is a strange turn of events. I actually know the pilot, Hutch. I need to have a word with him about keeping his trap shut.
  17. liv2day

Oddometer:
    LOL. I have to let you know Joe; if borderline's post is accurate, I'll be disappointed in getting a 3D printed adjusta. I mean, the warm fuzzy from knowing you lovingly hand craft each and every adjustfork would be gone forever. That's not progress man. :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

Or maybe you're secretly manufacturing the libtard adjusta-forest-rakes and that's where distribution will be handled - it's tall enough.

I'm still frickin' laughing about that story and the image of you holding that thing.
    Joe Motocross and borderlinebob like this.
  18. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  19. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Or it could be the spot where the fundamentalists perform their most secret, sacred rituals, the stuff even Joe won't talk about. The web is unraveling.