1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Screw it! I'm gonna ROOST and sleep in the dirt!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Joe Motocross, Sep 27, 2020.

1. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^
    Yep.

Enjoyed the start of day 3 Joe, lookin' forward to seeing where the day takes you. Glad to see a PNWer heading your direction for some desert riding; make sure he doesn't dry out too (though we haven't had much rain either, so the moss isn't as thick on us right now).
  2. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    Not sure I've ever had a bad whiskey, coffee or meal out riding and camping, perhaps insufficient, but never bad :D
    Lost-Again, Cav47, Foiler and 3 others like this.
  3. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got one of those Giant Loop Coyotes, and the only complaint I have is that it's too "high quality" - meaning it weighs more than the shit you put in it. If they cut the weight and price in half it'd work perfectly for what most of us [who aren't living off our bikes full time] really need.
    Ginger Beard likes this.
  4. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well now.. guess its time to get caught up. Wonder where you was... some rely on this. Like me. Glad to be on track FMR!
    dano619 likes this.
  5. Andreja

Andreja Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I love your ride reports, ADV-F approach as well. It is funny what people consider as "adv riding", it hurts my eyes and ears, this is a proper refreshment.
  6. svo_jon

svo_jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So this happened today, thanks Joe... 20201007_152117.jpg

Surprisingly good for a cheep bottle of booze!!

Jonathan
  7. chilejack

chilejack Viajero Viejo

Oddometer:
    maybe better with coffee
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  8. motomem

motomem Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good on you.
    Just get back in time to vote.
    ApexJeff and Joe Motocross like this.
  9. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the interlude but more roosting was in order. Riding motorcycles has precedence over talking about riding motorcycles.
    C7A71AAF-40ED-44EC-A1E5-B9A59E0BC4C6.jpeg

Back to the story momentarily.
    N-Id-Jim, heffenut, CBBaron and 28 others like this.
  10. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    I also noted the weight of the Mosko Moto stuff weighs a lot. More on that in a bit.
    Sparrowhawk likes this.
  11. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    I really like how you didn't go for a pint or a fifth to check it out but rather hit the half gallon. Solid.
    td63, svo_jon, ilten and 3 others like this.
  12. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    We made it down the initial steep descent without issues. I thought it would be smooth sailing from here. Classic stuff.
    d3b - 1.jpg

We were on a narrow ATV trail which was flowing nicely. No problem, right?!
    d3b - 2.jpg

However, the trail continued to have “techy” little sections that we had to work through. At this point we had dropped quite a distance and it would be a tough climb back up. I was concerned that we were going to come to a "stopper" ahead.
    d3b - 3.jpg

There weren’t any more steep descents but it wasn’t easy riding either. Good action is how I’d describe it with no "stoppers".
    d3b - 4.jpg

It was good to see Wally handling the 790 with ease on this stuff. His confidence was, no doubt, much better than the first ride last spring.
    d3b - 5.jpg

At an intersection, we opted to take the route up to a ridge. It was a steep loose ascent that demanded lots of throttle and speed. If you stop here, it’s back to the bottom with ya.
    d3b - 6.jpg

Past the climb was the road we’d been following earlier before the ATV trail detour. We’d follow this for the rest of the day.
    d3b - 7.jpg

The weather remained mild at 10,000 feet. It was just cool enough to keep the windbreakers on. We made it to the canyon where a road drops in and descends to our town where we’d meet our buddy Swag. As usual, we had no plan on which direction to go after that.
    d3b - 8.jpg
    N-Id-Jim, MNimum, svtride and 30 others like this.
  13. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now that's the type of riding I like to tackle, good on you guys! The stuff up top on the ridge is sweet too; phenomenal scenery. Damn man - good stuff @Joe Motocross.
  14. pitbull

pitbull Long timer

Oddometer:
    The aeropress go makes a better cup of coffee than a french press and collapses down into it's own cup. It's the best and most compact little coffee maker on the market, super light and takes up no more room than a coffee cup.

I have to think it would make a fantastic cup of croffee.

https://aeropress.com/aeropress-go/
  15. chilejack

chilejack Viajero Viejo

Oddometer:
    so does the Old Crow
  16. 75bronco

75bronco Long timer

Oddometer:
    All them little pieces, Joe would have a stroke.
    tlrmark, td63 and borderlinebob like this.
  17. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    I bet that fancy press would make a damn fine cup of croffee!!! I’m sure there’s a place for it but not with fundamentalists. As @75bronco pointed out, too many parts. The Adventure Rider Fundamentalism philosophy dictates simplicity. There is no simpler method for brewing croffee then dumping grounds into a metal cup full of water (leaving “room for crow”) and heating it and letting the grounds settle. I might even add that any other method may be inferior in flavor although I’m certainly no aficionado. Plus, the metal croffee cup is also used for other cooking purposes like making soups or heating beans. It’s also good for transferring gas from bike to bike.
    jonz, Foiler, Red J and 6 others like this.
  18. svo_jon

svo_jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    While that may make a good cup of coffee I dont see how that meets adv-f standards of light and simple. Thers are too many parts and steps. For example... not only do you need all the parts and pieces for the press but you must have something to heat water in. Notice that the morning croffee cup it used to heat water, brew croffee, holds the finished product for consumption and was likely used the night before for soup....

Jonathan
    Lost-Again likes this.
  19. dano619

dano619 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^^ about lost my coffee!! Way to early for that!!
  20. svo_jon

svo_jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dear lord...