SE Indiana get together?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ImaPoser, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Panic

Panic Anxiety's little friend

Oddometer:
    I will be riding through your area in 2nd week of June. Also came very close by last June. I think I crossed the Ohio River on 421 at Madison on my way down to Tennessee. Nice country and the roads get curvier as you head Down into (deep) Southern Chaingolia! :cromag
  2. keith in alaska

keith in alaska Valley Gruver

Oddometer:
    Anyone near there? I would like to get a replacement t-shirt from there....
    Perhaps cash or a swap from the Alaska BMW dealer or new Denali HD dealer. Let's talk!!
  3. 12bridn

12bridn I need throttle therapy

Oddometer:
    Waddya need, it's not too far from me.
  4. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:

:scratch lotsa riders around here. Heck, your even over by the best roads being in Ky already.:dunno

I'm thinkin August. Between DG4, and BYOB, early summer is booked, and the family obligations in late July, it seems to be best. Also, the drive is unimproved, uphill. I've easily done it on every bike I've owned when it's dry, but can't even get my car or 2wd truck up there when wet. Less chance of it being nasty the later in summer/early fall it goes. I'm open for ideas though.:ear
    Once riding season returns :waysad I'll get some photos of the area, and hook up with some of ya for a day ride over there. :nod
  5. jshuck

jshuck Iron Butt #31

Oddometer:
    i was raised in the area..lots of neat roads..hilly with curves, unlike northern Indiana. Be sure to take the river road by Hanover south and ride thru Clifty Falls State park. A good watering hole is the Broadway Tavern in Madison. White Castle style hambergers at Hinkle's on Main St. The BMWMOA meet was held in this area in the 80's. john shuck
  6. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    weather looks better in mexico :rofl
    and the girls too!
  7. ManOnTheHill

ManOnTheHill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Once riding season returns :waysad I'll get some photos of the area, and hook up with some of ya for a day ride over there. :nod[/QUOTE]

I'll do day trip to scout out some areas. Let's do it early in the season!
  8. keith in alaska

keith in alaska Valley Gruver

Oddometer:
    sent you a PM
  9. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Add me to the list. I will be riding something by spring. I am from central Kentucky 1hr east of Louisville - capitol city. I have a place on the river with plenty of space for camping if you all would be interested in adding another destination. There are lots of curvy country roads in all directions as the river valley would suggest. Please pm me when the gathering date is chosen. Regards, buffallodan
  10. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Jeff@TheQuadShop TAT survivor

Oddometer:
    Count me in! Maybe I could get Scott Summers (factory Honda GNCC racer) to let us take a spin around his place.
  11. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    Bump. Rode down there yesterday to get some pics of the land and a few of the things nearby. Took two pics, and the battery in the camera died. And dumbass me forgot to bring extras. And then I picked up a big ass thorn right between the treads of the back tire and killed my tube.:bluduh
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's standing in the lower area where we usually set up camp looking at the upper "flat" area that a few people have set up on. Well overgrown. I'll try and get down there some day this week with the mower and camera(with batteries) and get some more shots.
    There is no real off road riding that I know of around there, but seems to be some gravel and plenty of nice paved riding.
    I'm still thinkin late summer/early fall for a non-event down there. More like I'll take down the family camping setup and take care of the grub and such a some of ya's can do a day ride down on Sat., have a place to stay for the night and head home on sunday. :ear
  12. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Rode through Aurora today, saw the sign for 56 and thought about this thread. :lol3

I will help with some dualsport routes when this thing picks up steam. A lot of good twisties near you too.

Oh, and keep the grass, it makes the ground softer for those sportin just a sleeping bag. :evil
  13. Red Roadster

Red Roadster Roaming Redneck

Oddometer:
    I'll keep watchin for the dates of this here shindig. I'd like to ride home and meet some of ya'll.
  14. Ibarra

Ibarra Viva Mexico !

Oddometer:
    Sign me in, I'll ride the lawn mower there, might come in handy :lol3

There are some good trails and lots of gravel roads within the Hoosier Ntl park area, (some 2 hrs North, North-West), just south of Columbus and Nashville. Also know of some 450 acres of private land where we could do some pretty decent off roading;Valley Branch Retreat :evil
  15. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Jeff@TheQuadShop TAT survivor

Oddometer:
    Just as an FYI, I'm working on a huge Dual Sport loop around eastern KY. This thing could be close to 800 miles when I'm done. Very little blacktop but doable on a big bike if its not wet.
  16. Ibarra

Ibarra Viva Mexico !

Oddometer:
    That sounds like a blast! let me know if you could use some help, got a GPS and Fugawi software to plot the route on a map.... :type
  17. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Jeff, we gotta hook up. Gimme a little advance notice on the next ride, will ya? Please?
  18. rd621

rd621 Hoosier Loser

Oddometer:
    Hey everybody!
    I live in Madison. In and have hit 95% of the roads in the county(jefferson). So if you need any info (pics,roads,possible camping,eats, etc.) just let me know!
    I would like to make this ride if possible.
  19. drrider1

drrider1 just running amuck

Oddometer:
    you gotta love 135 and 58 west of Brownstown:D
  20. rd621

rd621 Hoosier Loser

Oddometer:
    Little too much traffic for me! Check out 129 from Vevay to Versailles decent twisty pavement countless gravel turnoffs and a nice trip through Amish country.