SE Indiana Ride This Saturday Jan 1

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by 12bridn, Dec 31, 2004.

1. 12bridn

12bridn I need throttle therapy

Oddometer:
    Riding tomorrow, leaving West Harrison , IN (20 min outside Cincy) 9:30, route unknown. Maybe find a covered bridge or two, a mix of gravel roads and pavement, maybe a creek crossing or three. A thumper is the preferred ride. Get drunk tonite, kiss a girl at midnight, asleep by 12:05 (or 12:30, depending on how good to go said girl is :evil ) and you'll be ready to go in the mornin. PM me if yer interested.

Weather shows rain in the late afternoon:

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday-details.html?locid=47031&dayNum=1
  2. funkydrum

funkydrum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was debating some muddy off-road riding in Southern IN on Sun., but what a mess that will be.

This sounds better to me !! Do you have a meeting waypoint with a possible staging area for trucks / trailers? (sorry... coming from INDY)
  3. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Are you still snowed in? We really don't have a place for a truck/trailer at our meeting point, but I will be out near Sunman and you can meet me somewhere and ride down to the shop that morning.

Our saturday rides usually start at noon and go 100 or so miles as most guys have families to attend to. I will be riding til about 2 on this one. This ride will most likely be longer and very loosely organized, as we will be exploring some different areas.

Do you have the whole weekend to play? Some offroad riding down here sounds like a blast.
  4. funkydrum

Oddometer:
    Check your PM
  5. 12bridn

Oddometer:
  6. funkydrum

Oddometer:
    Quite an adventure battling the fog and mist but a great time none-the-less.

Thanks guys !! :thumb
  7. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Anytime FD. I forgot to ask ya in person, where did you get your screen name?
  8. motorjon68

motorjon68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Truly one of the best times on a bike I've had. As a guy whose been stuck in the street/sport riding rut- what an eye opener. No more waiting for perfect weather. Let's do it again! Good Mexican Food doesn't hurt either.
  9. funkydrum

Oddometer:
    I play drums in Jazz and Funk bands...
  10. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Figured as much. I play bass horribly. :lol3

Cool to see you signed up here. Here's the pic of ya doing the magical shallow one direction, deep the other, water crossing:

[​IMG]
  11. funkydrum

Oddometer:
    Actually, that was one of the (2) guys on the DR 650's. I think motorjon noticed the Blue / White Suzuki parade all ridden by riders clad in Red / Black... :rofl
  12. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the guy in the pic is Jon. He has a new DR. It looked like a Suzuki commercial as you three rolled past. :lol3