"SE WI" Meet and Greets

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Cannonshot, Dec 12, 2007.

1. yeroc40

yeroc40 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where's Roy? I hear he's "retired" too. :-)
    OU812 likes this.
  2. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind! Supporter

Oddometer:
    And I missed the date as well...doh!
    Paper likes this.
  3. mfbeemer

mfbeemer 'Insert clever saying here'

Oddometer:
    Is there a time & date for this yet? Gotta check the work schedule.
  4. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I didn't see one posted. :dunno
    OU812, Doctor Zed and Big Augie like this.
  5. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    I went over to recon the potential sites and activities involved in this meet and greet.

Trying to incorporate laser slaughter, demolition karts, and the burger bar into one event was not workable. This may be a single location but it is quite expansive. It would be like having three meet and greets in three different spots at the same time.

Also, the burger bar is huge and quite noisy. Not a good place for meeters and greetings to tell each other how much they admire other people's bikes and awesome skills.

So, I've decided that this time we can do it at the laser slaughter place and save the indoor electric go-karts for another time where we can center our activities there. Of course, anyone that wants to hike over to the track and spin a few laps or otherwise check it out will find it convenient to do so.

The laser tag place has plenty of parking out front, plenty of seating inside, and serves pizza/beer/etc. Anyone that doesn't want to laser his or her buddy can still enjoy the camaraderie in the restaurant portion of the laser joint and in the parking lot looking at bikes.

I checked out the armory and saw that the weapons and vests were of high quality.

I checked out the battlefields and found one was a warehouse setting and the other was an office setting.

Don't like laser tag? No problem. Come anyway and enjoy the company of fellow riders.

Since we are a group, we can get group hourly rates instead of game rates. I think it was $20 for an hour and $30 for two hours. Get shot ten times and you are out for the remainder of that single game. Once everyone his shot to hell, a new game starts.

More details about that stuff later.

Those that want to play laser games might think about forming teams and having a tourney of sorts. I'm sure we will have enough players to get one of the battlezones all to ourselves.

Prolly should wear old clothes. You don't want to ruin anything nice with the burn marks from where you got hit by your buddy's laser shot.

Oh yeah . . . I'm looking at Sunday, 8 Apr 2018. I'll publish some details like I always do sometime soon.
    BENRON, OU812 and Butcho like this.
  6. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind! Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Scared? You should be.
  8. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Cancelled. Not much interest.

Thank you to those that replied! :)

Sunday, 8 April 2018
    1200 hrs (noon)

When is this again?

Sunday, 8 April 2018
    1200 hrs (noon)

MEET AND GREET SOCIAL EVENT

SABR Extreme Laser Tag
    W229 N1400 Westwood Drive Suite C
    Pewaukee, WI
    262-727-4500
    (Former American TV store at CTH F and I-94)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let's get together for some great conversation to go along with some pizza and beverages. Ride in or drive in - doesn't matter. What is important is that you are there to meet and greet both new and familiar faces!

In the past we've met at the Delafield Brewhaus. This time we thought we'd add the opportunity for a little fun in addition to the usual good time.

SABR Extreme Laser Tag is a fun opportunity to play some games with other riders. We will have the group rate of $20 for one hour and $30 for two hours of play. Participants wear vests with laser sensor and can chose from a variety of laser "weapons" from the armory. Browse the web site to see how it works and what is available. Basically, you can get tagged ten times in a game before you are disabled. Once everyone is out, players start a new game.

There are two indoor battle areas there with a lot of obstacles to shoot and move from. Think of this as paintball without the welts and the mess.

Even those that have never participated in something like this might find that it can be a blast.

For those that don't want to play laser games, there is plenty of table space for enjoying a pizza and a variety of beers or other beverages. And of course, we have plenty of parking outside to browse and chat about bikes.

This is a great way to kick off the riding season and get fired up about bikes and riding and fun. People can make plans for informal get-togethers and swap stories from past rides.

It might be fun to form some teams for those that want to play laser tag. A little friendly competition can make for good fun. One way to approach it might be to identify by brand, posse, or region and form teams that way so that we can bring the new people into the fold.

Menu

Armory

Arenas

Groups

Please indicate if you are interested in participating in laser tag.

Attendees:

1. Cannon Laser
    2. Lobster Laser
    3. Lobsterette Laser
    4. Nathan Laser
    5. Mow-ree Laser
    6. J-Mo Laser
    OU812 likes this.
  9. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Maybe I'll say me n the missus are in. Nothing planned for that day at all. We'll be there. Might bring a plus one or 2, if I do, I'll let you know.
  10. Ratski

Ratski Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bummer, I'm out. Got a whole weekend of training in Madison that weekend.
  11. Daamud

Daamud Life is like a box of Old Milwaukee

Oddometer:
    Any prizes for most out of place bike or shortest distance traveled?:jack
    Bultaco206 likes this.
  12. mfbeemer

mfbeemer 'Insert clever saying here'

Oddometer:
    I'm out, gotta work that Sunday
  13. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    Damn. short list so far. Would it help attendance if I said I wasn't going to make it?
  14. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    I'll let this run a couple of more days. If there isn't much interest, I'll pull the plug on it.
  15. DSquared

DSquared Dilly Dilly! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm out. Uncle Sam has already dibs'd that weekend. Thanks for arranging things though Bryan.
  16. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    We all need you to honor your Uncle. Thanks for doing it. Even those that don't admit they appreciate it really do.
    DSquared likes this.
  17. LateToTheGame

LateToTheGame Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    This sounds very fun, but unfortunately I will still be out in New Mexico on April 8th. Without my bike [sigh...]

18. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    I got roped into a brewer game that afternoon, or I'd likely go. Baseball sucks.
    kckeeny likes this.
  19. Mow-ree

Mow-ree Sloppy 300 Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in for shooting some frickin laser beams. I'm sure my brother, @J-Mo is in too.
  20. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    As a point of clarification, this isn't a laser only event. There will still be bikes in the parking lot and beer/pizza in the restaurant that is part of the laser joint. Don't wanna laser? No problem. Come for the usual good times.