1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

seat concepts order

Discussion in 'Canada' started by nocity4me, Mar 31, 2020.

1. nocity4me

nocity4me n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    My new seat foam and cover just arrived from mx1 canada in richmond bc. to my central Sask home
    It took just a few days more than the 2-3 weeks they claimed,given my 2001 gs is just a wee bit aged and so the seat kit is not a regularly stocked item.
    After ordering online, a sales rep. phoned to make sure I knew what I was buying and ended up selling me the pillion seat cover-all for at least $30 less than front seat cover and foam only, from Seat Concepts in Idaho
    My original order from Idaho got cancelled when they informed me shipping was $100 US .
    Both vendors appear to be high quality suppliers and I won't hesitate to deal with them again
    I'll describe later how the seat assembly goes and whether the comfort level is ok , but right now I'm looking at a low of -18 c overnight and a bunch of -5, to -10 highs
    Vikingtazz and shuswap1 like this.
  2. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    MX1 has been solid to deal with, and it's hard to beat Seat Concepts products.
    You can buy the double-take mirrors from MX1 as well, Giant Loop products, Mitas tires...lots of good stuff.
    I'll be giving them a call when Seat Concepts releases their product for the new Yamaha T7.
  3. CCitis

CCitis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just received a Seat Concepts seat kit for my 02 1150 GS (Ordered directly from Seat Concepts). Haven't gotten around to installing it yet... seems like good quality. I am trying to sort the best way to install the cover... what staples, pressure on the gun, etc. Ordered some 3M adhesive that they recommend.
  4. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stainless steel staples are what I used. Got them from Home Hardware, had to be ordered.
  5. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have Seat concepts on both my 501 and 1090, install is easy. I have used them on several bikes and done the installs myself, I usually warm up the cover before I install them, have used 3m spray adhesive and haven't doesn't seem to make much IMG_20200323_155718.jpg difference
    V1Vr, Cal and MGV8 like this.