seat concepts order

Discussion in 'Canada' started by nocity4me, Mar 31, 2020.

1. nocity4me

nocity4me n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    My new seat foam and cover just arrived from mx1 canada in richmond bc. to my central Sask home
    It took just a few days more than the 2-3 weeks they claimed,given my 2001 gs is just a wee bit aged and so the seat kit is not a regularly stocked item.
    After ordering online, a sales rep. phoned to make sure I knew what I was buying and ended up selling me the pillion seat cover-all for at least $30 less than front seat cover and foam only, from Seat Concepts in Idaho
    My original order from Idaho got cancelled when they informed me shipping was $100 US .
    Both vendors appear to be high quality suppliers and I won't hesitate to deal with them again
    I'll describe later how the seat assembly goes and whether the comfort level is ok , but right now I'm looking at a low of -18 c overnight and a bunch of -5, to -10 highs
    Vikingtazz and shuswap1 like this.
  2. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    MX1 has been solid to deal with, and it's hard to beat Seat Concepts products.
    You can buy the double-take mirrors from MX1 as well, Giant Loop products, Mitas tires...lots of good stuff.
    I'll be giving them a call when Seat Concepts releases their product for the new Yamaha T7.
  3. CCitis

CCitis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just received a Seat Concepts seat kit for my 02 1150 GS (Ordered directly from Seat Concepts). Haven't gotten around to installing it yet... seems like good quality. I am trying to sort the best way to install the cover... what staples, pressure on the gun, etc. Ordered some 3M adhesive that they recommend.
  4. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stainless steel staples are what I used. Got them from Home Hardware, had to be ordered.
  5. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have Seat concepts on both my 501 and 1090, install is easy. I have used them on several bikes and done the installs myself, I usually warm up the cover before I install them, have used 3m spray adhesive and haven't doesn't seem to make much IMG_20200323_155718.jpg difference
    V1Vr, Cal and MGV8 like this.