Seat height, suspension travel, and shorter riders

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by ZoomerP, Nov 15, 2020.

1. hardhat

hardhat Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    -----------------

Yessireybob e.t.. I finally realized that I cannot buy a bike that works for my needs AND that fits me properly because it doesn't exist! Therefore, I've accepted that any bike I buy must include a budget for mods that make that specific bike most rideable for me. (And this is doable, but it costs some.) I feel REALLY STOOPID that it took me so long to figure this out! But once i did, the "aah" moment was indeed unmistakable. I've done this on a few bikes now and I "have a list..." so the effort doesnt take so much time, just some cash. Wouldn't not do it this way ever again!

I have gotten very good at farkle justification. i.e.:
    "The $400 Scott steering stabilizer is cheaper than a visit to the emergency room"; or
    "If the $800 suspension lowering/tuning work saves just one twisted ankle, it's $ well spent";
    "The $250 Madstadt windscreen amortizes to $0.013 per mile over the first 15K miles";
    "More light is ALWAYS safer";
    yada
    yada
    yada
    Ride safe; Ride comfy; Have fun!
    Ginger Beard likes this.
  2. LashLarue

LashLarue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rebel did well, Nighthawk 250 was a dismal failure in the states. It was a decent bike and did well in other markets.