Seat height tall setting

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by SEK_Nick, Jun 24, 2020.

1. SEK_Nick

SEK_Nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, so I dont know if i am just having a dumbass attack, or what, but for the life of me I absolutely cannot get my ergo seat to go in to the tall slot!

I have shoved so hard the bike nearly fell off the kick stand! If I pop the back par down, the front just wings out to the side. The bobbins will slide up in to the low setting no problem, but short of a big hammer I am not sure what else to do?!

Suggestions?
  2. SEK_Nick

Oddometer:
    Finally maneged to get it to slip in to the high slots, had to work the seat around for about 10 minutes to get it to finally slot.

There is a somewhat unsightly gap between the seat and the plastics this way, so it may be built to make it harder?

Unsightly or not, i think my knees will appreciate it :)
  3. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    The R has 2 seat height settings? Sounds familiar but I thought that was reserved for the S.
  4. SEK_Nick

Oddometer:
    The height setting is dependent on the seat itself, the slot that slides on to the bobbins for the S can go either up (pushing the seat lower) or down (pushing the seat higher). The stock R seat can only go down.

The PP Ergo seat can go up or down, the same as the stock S seat.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  5. grace

grace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes. s, r and rally can use s seats in high low position. oem r and rally bench seats only have one height. i bought s seats, seat to sargent and installed on the rally and use the driver seat in the high position.

20200605_184811(2).jpg
    TrailTrauma likes this.