Seat is to slick

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Gadget00, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Gadget00

Gadget00 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe someone has a ideas of what to do .Got a Leather Corbin Dual sport seat the other day . So put on the bike and went for a ride I like seat but one problem . I slide around on seat ,braking slide forward, excel slide back. I'm wear Aerostrich Darlene pants called Aerostrich looking for some traction tape like I have on my Revit sand pants. They had no ideas from them so I throughly I would ask for some help here.
  2. marc11

marc11 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Alaska sheepskin pad will stop the sliding and make a comfy seat even more comfy.
  3. GP1200

GP1200 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been through this with a Russel Day Long seat. I don't know why they make these seats with such slippery materials . The only logical solution I was told was to buy tack spray they use for horse saddles . I minimized the issue by levelling the seat so it resists throwing you into the gas tank. Even though RDL claimed they'd level the seat it was still on a slight angle . I will try the tack once I find some locally.
  4. jdub

jdub Dawg bytes reel gud Supporter

Oddometer:
    Try some leather conditioner on the Corbin's leather seating area. The Leather Honey I've used on mine softened the leather a bit and made it less slippery.
  5. lewisjr1

lewisjr1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    New seat? If so, needs to be broken in.
  6. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
  7. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    Slick vinyls work great on soft seats. There is such a thing as too much grip. For harder foams like on a Corbin, you're going to want an aggressive grip vinyl, like mx bikes use. But the shape of the seat and slope are also factors for movement. Like marc said, the sheepskin will help improve both comfort and grip if you can get it secured well.
  8. Gadget00

Gadget00 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For now applying a leather conditioner to help soften the leather a bit and using an Airhawk .
    Which seen to work for now . If I decide to keep seat I will send back to Corbin Over the winter to add an 1” Of height .
  9. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Souped-Up Weasel

Oddometer:
    Maybe some tank pads from TechSpec to hold yourself in place. Love those things.