1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

SeatConcepts.com

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by mxbundy, Sep 18, 2010.

1. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, haven't been on here in awhile, moving and all.
    Can you be more specific?

Bundy
  2. smoothride

smoothride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If the seat was dished out to put a pocket in it and give some support it would be a lot better.
    Like you guy s have done on some of your other seats.
  3. B33P33

B33P33 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm getting worried now. My trip is getting closer and still no seat
  4. pHudson

pHudson still riding

Oddometer:
    Same here. My 2013 wasn't much of a problem, but with the 2016 I'm struggling to get comfortable. I'm not looking for more height, but am curious about the SC seat.
  5. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    We just finished up the BMW 310 Tall seat and will be available mid-week on our website.[​IMG] BMW-310-Tall2.jpg
  6. Jeepster360

Jeepster360 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So how tall is it over stock?
  7. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is 1.5 inches taller at the lowest point of the stock seat.
  8. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Versys 300 Tall seat now available. Versys-300-tall-01.jpg
  9. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    Question,

Can the Versys 650 "standard" height seat you guys made for me be turned into a "low" version?

It's just too dang tall.
  10. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is several ways to address your seat height and here is 2 of the more common ways. One is to take the seat you have to a local car upholstery shop and they should be able to work with you and shave it down (something you also can do with an angle sander). We do not provide any customizing services as we are very busy and more importantly this is something you should be present for while being modified for your taste. You could also buy our low kit but you will need to find a OEM passenger foam to work as we moved back our standard seating position and this will not work with the low.
  11. greasyboy

greasyboy cur·mudg·eon

Oddometer:
    Have to show how awesome my new seat looks
    IMG_3076.JPG
    IMG_3077.JPG
    The fit is great. Looks way better than stock
    Thanks for a great product and great people that take care of your customers
    this is my third seat from you guys ( three dif bikes)
  12. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seat Concepts Touring seat for BMW F800GS is brilliant.

A quick review of my new Seat Concepts Touring version seat will All Carbon seat cover. My bike is a 2012 BMW F800GS. I also decided to get a new seat pan from Seat Concepts and have them ( Robert and Dave ) install the seat kit.

When I originally purchased my used 2012 BMW F800GS is fall of 2017, the the stock seat was too tall. I ordered a Seat Concepts LOW seat. After a few months I boosted the seat up with sheepskin cover and foam pad. Worked for first year. I did the foam and seat cover install myself.

After about year and a half I noticed my BMW stock seat was getting tired from all the staples and reupholstering ( covers ). So, I spoke to Seat Concepts. I explained my setup. Rob was confident a Touring seat would work better for me. Moreover, I wouldn't have to deal with my extra padding setup ( Alaska Sheepskin and foam ).

Four weeks later, my Seat Concepts seat arrived. Packed with plenty of packing bubble roll. Immediately I noticed a much thicker foam on seat than my current LOW Seat Concepts. Also much flatter and less steep sitting position for rider. Awesome! Workmanship of the complete kit and pan is excellent. The F800GS Seat Concepts seat pan looks identical to my stock one. Even has the same tool holder molding under the seat. Fitment is excellent. The half a dozen or so rubber bumpers under the seat pan look light grey. I put the new Touring seat on my bike. I measured both my LOW and new Seat Concepts Touring seat against a set reference point. I used my foot peg with bike on center stand. The Touring seat is about 1" inch taller ( more foam) than the Low Seat Concept. The most notable difference is the Touring version is about 1/2" wider in rear and much flatter seating position surface. The passenger area is also much plusher ( more foam ) and flatter seating position.

I road 230 miles on the Touring seat. Comfortable ride the entire day.

Some side by side comparison of Seat Concepts LOW vs. Touring seat:
    [​IMG]Seat Concepts comparions_thumb_3e43 by Kam A, on Flickr

Showing bottom side of each seat pan. The top shows my original BMW seat pan:
    [​IMG]Seat Concepts seat pan_thumb_3e44 by Kam A, on Flickr

Side by side view:
    [​IMG]Seat Concepts comparison_thumb_3e41 by Kam A, on Flickr

Seat Concepts Touring seat in All Carbon cover for F800GS:
    [​IMG]Seat Concepts Touring seat_thumb_3e49 by Kam A, on Flickr

You can view all my photos at flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125759496@N04/albums/72157699081288654/with/41850765460/

I've been using Seat Concepts now for 2-3 years. I have one on my Yamaha WR250R and now on my F800GS. Very happy with comfort, workmanship, and value. I also now they make one heck of a good seat pan.

Keep up the great work Rob and Dave. Thanks for putting another smile on happy ADV inmate. No more pain on those long rides.

Kam
  13. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    We are happy to introduce the first of our XL line of seats. It is for the KLR in the stock height. It features a wider profile than our standard comfort seat klr650-xl.jpg with a dished center.
  14. nobody0101

nobody0101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any plans for replacement foam/cover for BMW Rallye seat for current 1200GS models?
    svtride and FarmerKeith like this.
  15. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    We do have one we started on but stopped. What changes were you looking for? The first thing we noticed was the normal forward slope.
  16. nobody0101

nobody0101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Forward slope is one issue with the seat for sure. At this point I sort of butchered my foam while "testing" some homebrew mods in attempt to make it more comfortable. Was hoping you had one in progress that I could purchase to replace mine.
  17. WoodWorks

WoodWorks House Ape

Oddometer:
    I rode up to Idaho to have Seat Concepts install their tall seat kit on my BMW G310GS a couple of days ago. They got me in and out in less than an hour, and I could not be more pleased with the quality, looks, and the service I got from them. And after more than 1000 miles on it, including a ride over the Lolo Motorway, my butt is blissed out. Best seat ever!

8D439866-0400-44DB-8EBD-EDEBFAB5EE35.jpeg 33E52629-BD8D-4944-840D-0343E698D0D1.jpeg ED37D812-43EE-451E-B1B9-EB420187028B.jpeg
    thomsva and Florida Lime like this.
  18. SeatConcepts

SeatConcepts Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone, wanted to send a reminder that we are continuing to expand our Comfort XL line. Keep your eye out on our site for the latest releases!

Attached Files:

NSFW and greasyboy like this.
  19. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    How about a comfort deluxe line of heated seats? Would love to have one on my Super Tenere.
  20. SeatConcepts

SeatConcepts Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We've done some experimentation with them in the past but have yet to perfect the combination with a comfort seat in conjunction with a heating element. There has also been little demand at this time for that luxury to justify the additional R&D time.
    pigjockey likes this.