Seeking riding partner(s) for Balkans trip

Discussion in 'Europe' started by arescec, Aug 24, 2019.

1. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello!
    I am searching for a riding partner for a two week trip (I am not time bound) following TET around (mostly) Romania or alternatively Greece. TET is not a requirement for the trip but the quieter back roads through nature and camping are preferred to highway riding - since this is "Adventure Rider" forum I guess you get the idea :D
    The trip would be up to 20 days long and would either go south from Croatia (Montenegro, Albania, Greece) or east (towards Romania).
    I am riding a heavily modified Honda NX250 (and also am active member in the owners thread in here) which can do pretty much any kind of road or terrain.
    I am from Croatia and so we can meet somewhere along the way.

Here is a short video from a trip to Montenegro I did last week:
  2. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in Greece now; was in Croatia 5 days ago but too loaded and don't have tire to ride yet especially water crossings
  3. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Darn, we must have passed each other going the other way.
  4. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Possibly; I took coastal road I don't think you did.

Montenegro is really good I think I could have made better time on dirt roads than some pavement; at least wouldn't have to worry about every blind corner
  5. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Might I ask where are you going next?
  6. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia
  7. bout2ride

bout2ride Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    crossing Montenegro think my avg speed was 35 mph and that was asphalt! oh, and the police presence, gezzzzzz, every frigging curve!
  8. pip_muenster

pip_muenster curious

Oddometer:
    The mass of narrow roads, blind corners and ingenuous drivers in rural Montenegro is remarkable. I got a warning for 70 in a 40 zone and then realized I was back at 70 ten seconds after leaving the cops ... :shog
    cyclopathic likes this.
  9. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    I follow speed limit religiously; except my bike in miles don't see any reason to go over 70mph.

I put my TomTom in winding route mode and it took me over some interesting roads.. it was one of few cases when I was consistently loosing time over TomTom estimate. Almost went off the cliff luggage clipped stopped bus.. was hanging by his wiper for dear life until he came back and moved bus.
  10. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, he was talking about 70kph. Montenegro and all hilly areas in Europe generally have a lot of 25mph limits (part of the reason is that the road is wide enough for one car - your mirrors will most likely stick out to each side tho).
    cyclopathic likes this.