Selling Up and Leaving - Careful What You Wish For!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Reaver, Oct 17, 2014.

1. stretchride

stretchride Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. pepelopez

pepelopez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    well, costa rica shouldn't be in the top ten ether, "low cost of living" ask anybody living here if they think it's low. :huh
  3. hwunger

hwunger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    these 5 points are still the best advice to anyone considering something like this.

and these lists are compiled every year by some 20 yr yahoo writer who has never even been to any of the places they write about - good for entertainment and thats about it .... we're going to Mexico soon for the 8th time, always learning more .... buen viaje ! y buena suerte .... :evil
  4. pepelopez

Oddometer:
    exactly, :beer
    and lower your expectations a lot, :eek1
  5. ROSSDSC

ROSSDSC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great property pics. Put me down for a few nights as well. I'll try to get RobbieO down as well.

You can get your guests to stay for free while they help you renovate.

Ross
  6. Reaver

Reaver How Did I Get Here?

Oddometer:
    Hey, we could get a crew of locals who don't habla Englis and make bets on when Robbie loses it trying to manage them. :rofl It'd be like herding cats!

First things first, we're staying the night there this weekend to watch the sunset and see what time the Howler Monkeys get us up. It's not operating at the moment so we'll just be squatters really. Too many variables to just jump in.

How would you like a 3 1/2 hr cab ride after flying here??? Connector flights are not necessarily faster or cheaper....

The place is set up for friends and family. It wasn't an operating hotel by the look of it. 3 Quebeckers own it.
  7. Reaver

Oddometer:
    Yes, I understand. Ride Reports are for getting inspiration and living vicariously. I read dozens over the years which is how I got here. People like Radioman and the lot. Mine was different from the start so fair warning! A RR is about a life's journey (on a bike), of which I'm not done yet.

And if you've been in the basement you know I'm not wasting bandwidth or disc space writing this! :rofl

Since everyone seems to blast through CR and leave negative comments, I think a spot 10 minutes off the highway, close to Panama, might make a great place to park your bike and be able to clean and inspect it with my tools and parts.

I always do things differently, enjoy.
  8. Reaver

Oddometer:
    Thanks Woody! True, 6 of ours to 9 of yours but your 9 will be cheaper than our 6! :1drink

When you coming down on your GS?
  9. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    At least, you need to ride a bike to the showings....geez.
  10. KHVol

KHVol Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Different is good.....
  11. Reaver

Oddometer:
    You want I should ride 3 1/2 hrs on new pavement behind Bec in the car? :loco

She finally brought her gear but she no ride pillion. Talk about a back seat rider! :eek1

I'll be shutting up till I get something interesting to post, happy?
  12. KHVol

KHVol Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nah, don't shut up..am enjoying reading a different type of MC story, MC adventure lifestyle.....more than just pics of the same places in the same way we have seen many times before. Most of the RR's now are the same old stuff, going to the same places, all of which are beautiful or interesting but also all / most of which have been reported many times over. Right now, the only two really different RR's are yours and Antihero's.
  13. Shooby

Shooby Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup, this will do just fine. Nice find.

Pic 28/61.... Loutre's shed? :lol3
  14. framebinder

framebinder framebinder

Oddometer:
    Here's a good one, young, attractive European woman going RTW on a KTM>
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1029791
  15. RockyNH

RockyNH Older Than Dirt!

Oddometer:
    Anna is about ready to depart Texas for Mexico... when she toured the US, I was fortunate enough to have her spend a couple days here in Savannah with me.

Pat in GA
  16. Reaver

Oddometer:
    Yes, I contacted Anna a while ago about a place to stay here when she passes through. I doubt she'll be lacking any. I was following that thread for a bit but the "admirers" were posting every few minutes and filling my inbox.

We're leaving now (in the Clown Car) to spend a few days at that Hotel we're thinking of buying. No Interwebbies there. Should be lots of poisonous snakes in the jungle part of the property. I'll dial 9 - 1 - and start walking with my new machete flailing away.

Maybe I'll get back to you?

Fer-de-Lance.

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/nature/Surviving-a-Fer-de-Lance-Bite.html

Hasta Luego.
  17. RockyNH

RockyNH Older Than Dirt!

Oddometer:

Good luck on the "real estate". Hope all goes well and you find what you are looking for. I know what you mean, when I offered lodging she was not yet on ADV :evil

Pat in GA
  18. Reaver

Oddometer:
    Well, if nothing else it's a free stay but since it's not operating it'll just be the basics. We tried to buy a cooler but :eek1. They had cheaper toilets than coolers. $80 for a big Coleman. They're $20 at home on sale. Some things are crazy while other stuff is cheap. If you play it right, the cost finds a balance I guess.

Maybe the neighbour there has an unsecured wifi connection. :evil
  19. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you kill it, you have to eat it.
  20. pepelopez

Oddometer:
    If you have a fridge, go to any ag store and get some anti-venom, works on all the Fer-de-lances types, it's important you read up on them and the bush master, so you know what you are in for. not to be taken lightly. we don't have a fridge, so we have two holes dug already, with the ceremonial brick on standby...:eek1