Sena 30K Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication System w/ Mesh Intercom

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by DiegoRomo, Oct 10, 2017.

1. DiegoRomo

DiegoRomo Aka Disco

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, the long awaited 30K's are finally available! What sets this headset apart is an adaptive-mesh communicator: the future of wireless communication. The 30K operates on Sena’s Mesh Intercom technology, a 2.4 GHz frequency, connecting to other riders in an entirely new way. Group connectivity is made simple with the 30K. Should one of the group’s riders go out of range, the Mesh Intercom intelligently keeps the rest of the group in seamless communication, while actively searching to reconnect, should that rider come back within range. Never again will you have to stop and reconnect, or worry about dropping connections from overly-complicated daisy-chain group pairings.

[​IMG]

Here are some other details:

Utilizing two antennae and two separate and dedicated processors, the Sena 30K is both a 4.1 Bluetooth headset and an Adaptive Mesh-Networking device, the two working simultaneously in concert within one low-profile unit to accomplish all your communication and entertainment needs. Sena 30K Audio Multitasking technology allows you to have a conversation via Adaptive Mesh-Networking technology while simultaneously enjoying Bluetooth operations such as streaming smartphone music, taking or making phone calls, or listening to turn-by-turn GPS navigation, so there is no clunky navigation between devices or channels or frustrating re-pairing of devices. Promising the smoothest, most uninterrupted listening experience ever, the Sena 30K is a huge technological leap forward - simplicity through sophistication, so you can focus on the important part: enjoying the ride.

Using the private group mode, the 30K can pair in full duplex communication with up to 16 riders at a range up of to 1.2 miles, while an endless amount of additional Guest users can tune in for listening only. When riding with 5 or more riders, the Mesh Intercom is capable of keeping the group connected at a range of up to 5 miles. Although Mesh Intercom is the next big thing, you won't leave your Bluetooth buddies in the dust either. The 30K is still capable of pairing with up to 3 other Sena or non-Sena Bluetooth communicators at a range of up to 1 mile, depending on the range of your riding buddies' headsets. Using Sena's RideConnected Mobile App, the 30K is also able to connect with riders anywhere in the world via your mobile network.

If you are interested in a single or dual kit please visit the links below:

Sena 30K single kit - $296.10 w/ free shipping - http://cyclesector.com/sena-30k-bluetooth-headset-single-kit/

Sena 30K dual kit - $529.10 w/ free shipping - http://cyclesector.com/sena-30k-bluetooth-headset-dual-pack/

Thank you!

Diego
  2. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    Love the potential of this latest unit, but ............ not sure anyone that has had experience with Sena will bite on a new roll-out. I hope I'm wrong and Sena gets this one right, from the beginning.
    Chugiak, Smoke Eater 3 and akgsa like this.
  3. akgsa

akgsa '16 R1200GSA

Oddometer:
    I have to agree. I've had some pretty lousy reliability and performance from some pretty expensive SENA products, and am very hesitant to stay with the brand now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Chugiak and typeamark like this.
  4. DiegoRomo

DiegoRomo Aka Disco

Oddometer:
    Bump, plenty of these in stock
  5. jkeesaman

jkeesaman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I received my 30K today, paired it with my girlfriend’s 20S. Basic Bluetooth and FM functionality seems to work well, just like the 20S. The phone app acting as a remote is really cool, just need touchscreen compatible gloves. The only bug I’ve found so far is listening to music while using the Bluetooth intercom, it isn’t muting the music like the 20S yet. Hopefully fixed with a software update reasonably soon. My friend gets his 30K’s next week, hopefully will be able to report on the mesh network soon.
  6. IAMGCW

IAMGCW Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Having just replaced my G9's with the 30k units we headed out on a days ride testing the new units. First the sound was better. So using the phone app it was easy to see what you had happening on the unit, until the phone app crashed. Over and over. Then the wife would not connect. Over and over again trying every thing I could think of no comms. Then at a light I finally said reboot your headset (I had rebooted mine twice). He unit had switched itself off! Powered on it worked again. Seems in certain instances when the APP on my phone crashed her unit powered off.
    Meeting a few 20s friends we tried to connect to them. One had old firmware and connected immediately, the other rider with updated firmware could not. On our home bound leg her headset ran out of battery. So less than 8 hours run time and lots of wind noise, connection issues I am disappointed. Being new the mesh feature will not be a thing until others get in the game. The manual provided is crap, the support forum is a joke. If the G9 units were not worn out these would go back for a refund. The phone is an iPhone 7 with current updates. The Sena 30k also has current updates.
  7. jkeesaman

jkeesaman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Today I rode with another rider that has a 30K. Everything worked as it should have, granted there were only two of us. We used a public mesh and never had a disconnect. Unlike the Bluetooth intercom, with the mesh intercom it properly muted the music or FM when you spoke on the intercom. We never had a disconnect, but once during our three hour ride his transmissions were garbled. Before we started I updated his new 30K units to 1.0.1. We’re still learning the button push commands so a couple times we inadvertently invoked an unwanted command. Actually very happy with the way things went today. I have an iPhone 6s+, him an 8+. We didn’t use the app while riding since we don’t have touch screen compatible gloves.
  8. beefcake morris

beefcake morris Long timer

Oddometer:
    I currently have 20S helmet clamps on 2 of my helmets. Does the 30k use the same helmet clamp? I would hate to by more helmet clamps and then spend the time putting them in the helmets
  9. Orindarider

Orindarider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The 30K uses the same mount as the 20S
  10. Kirky1298

Kirky1298 n00b

Oddometer:
    Bought the 30k duo set just before Christmas and one was DOA, replaced quickly under warranty, but I must say these things are utter junk, plagued with problems and quite simply shouldn't be on the market.
    Here's the rant I just posted on sena's FB page detailing the main problems.
    My advice would be to steer well clear of the 30k until it's sorted out, it has loads of potential but it's miles from being ready for retail sale.

Sena, your 30k system is an utter disgrace and shouldn't be on the market. Pull it now and save some credibility.
    Audio levels are all over the place, you say "hello Sena" and struggle to hear her reply, unless you say "FM radio" , she immediately replies at ear splittingly loud volume to say "FM radio on" then the radio switches on about 50% louder than other audio sources. Comms are clear and loud enough, stereo music is extremely low, even at max volume and useless above 50mph, you need to turn the volume to max and speakers distort and crackle and buzz. ( yes, I have been adjusting audio levels in the app) Battery life is crap ( 2 hours on mesh )
    Tried in ear monitors and the white noise and feedback is horrendous. Ambient button doesn't do anything whatsoever and why doesn't the system have auto volume adjustment ? My 20 year old Autocom has this function and it works perfect adjusting volume levels relative to speed and ambient noise.
    The android app is worse than useless and crashes every time you open it.
    Scala and other competitors are simply light years ahead with their products and don't treat customers like beta testers. Cheap £30 eBay BT comms are on a par with this over priced junk ( probably made in the same factory )
    I paid £500 of my hard earned cash for the privilege of testing this crap for you, the product release date was moved back several times over the space of nearly 2 years, indicating that there were serious problems with the product. It's nowhere near ready for retail sale and you clearly knew this but decided to sell it anyway. ( please explain here to your customers why the product release was pushed back, we're all ears )
    Made by bikers for bikers my arse !!!
    The way I see it, you owe me about £400 in refund to continue to beta test this crap for you.
    NOT HAPPY !!! For the price I paid I was
    expecting the Rolls Royce of comms, what I received however is the Eastern European Yugo equivalent.
    You are rapidly losing customers with this terrible service and inferior products.
    GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER SENA !!!!
  11. MelissaToBeMe

MelissaToBeMe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    S.E.N.A.

Seems Everyone Needs Assistance
    Chugiak and akgsa like this.
  12. Kirky1298

Kirky1298 n00b

Oddometer:
    Just got a message from my riding buddy who I talked into buying a 30k, it arrived in the post today, he charged it up and tested it was working ok, then connected to his PCs to update firmware. It's now dead as a dodo. What a fecking mess. Seriously, please, save yourselves the grief, don't buy this rubbish until Sena get it sorted out.
  13. beefcake morris

beefcake morris Long timer

Oddometer:
    Purchased a Dual Kit off of Amazon, delivered last week. The first thing I did was do a factory reset, then a firmware update, then another factory reset. Then I paired my Pixal 2 as my first cell phone and then a Iphone 6 that I use for GPS tracks, music, and Sena App. I did not have any issues with pairing either phone. I do like how the Sena interacts with the Iphone OS than I do Android.

I did not get to test the Mesh Network out, because the guy I bought the dual pack with is not in town. I did get to pair with a S20 that my other riding buddy has and experienced no issues with our bluetooth communications. Our ride was for almost 4 hours and I did not get any notifications that the battery was going low.

In addition, I tested the FM radio it worked correctly and I tested a phone call with my wife. No issues to report yet.

I would like to test the Group Intercom function out to see if it works better than 10S, since it will take a while for some of my ridding buddies to upgrade to a 30K. In addition, it is nice that the Sena App will let you start a group intercom. Don't know if that has always been an option, but when I had my 20S it would not let you start a group intercom.
  14. ajrider

ajrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not the news I was hoping to hear. Have the Sena 20S - looking for a different model that will allow me to talk with other Sena users without the faults (popping, static, etc) that the 20S gives.

I thought either the 20S-EVO or 30K might be the solution but after reading this thread, it sounds like I could be jumping out of the pan into the fire by spending more money on the 30K. :-/