SENA 50 series.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by SaAdvRider99, Nov 4, 2019.

1. chudzikb

chudzikb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have had good results, we have tried and gotten about a quarter mile or more apart and clear as a bell. Senna 50S to packtalk bold.
  2. chudzikb

chudzikb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Senna Mesh and Cardo Mesh are different animals, I think? They don't talk...
    jspringator likes this.
  3. Krazyjohnny

Krazyjohnny Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Smallberries,

I could not get the mesh to work very well at all either.
  4. atwoodtja

atwoodtja Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried linking one or more Cardo Packtalk to Sena mesh using the Sena Meshport mp-02? Its a pricier option ($200) than the Sena +Mesh, but apparently the +Mesh ($100) only pairs with older Sena units, while the Mp-02 pairs with any bluetooth headset. I am curious if you could use one mp-02 to connect a mesh of Cardos to a mesh of Senas. Range is supposed to be 800m.
  5. SenaBluetooth

SenaBluetooth Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer:
    Hi. In regards to your question, we wanted to let you know that when that when a non-Sena headset is paired to the MeshPort Blue (MP-02) then the hedset will use Sena's Mesh technology for communication. So, if a Cardo Packtalk is paired to the MeshPort Blue then it will only use Sena's Mesh technology while the MeshPort Blue is connected to talk to other headsets using Sena's Mesh Intercom. The Bluetooth connection with the MeshPort Blue takes priority over Cardo's intercom technology so they can't be used at the same time. Once the MeshPort Blue has been disconnected then it will switch to DMC mode and be used to talk to other Cardo headsets in DMC mode. Lastly we wanted to provide a small correction as the +Mesh can be paired to any Sena headset that supports Bluetooth Intercom.
  6. atwoodtja

atwoodtja Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for responding :) I was under the impression from their user manual that a Packtalk can bridge an intercom bluetooth connection (or a phone call) into their DMC mesh from the one cardo unit. I have not tried it, though, maybe the bridge capability only applies to bluetooth connections to older Cardo units? Its not quite clear in their manual.
  7. SenaBluetooth

SenaBluetooth Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer:
    From the looks of it, the Packtalk has the same functionality as our products where you can bridge one Bluetooth Intercom headset into Mesh Intercom communication or have a headset be added to a phone call for a three-way phone call conference through Bluetooth Intercom but you can't have a phone call and Mesh Intercom happen at the same time.
  8. BMacW650

BMacW650 .

Oddometer:
    I ordered the meshport blue it did a good job allowing my Cardo to join the Sena Mesh. What's disappointing is the fact that the later firmware update disabled the ability to connect the MeshPort unit to my Cardo. I believe this was intentional, as it had no issue connecting to all my other bluetooth headset. fw1.2 was working perfectly fine, 1.3 and 1.3.1 both rendered the device useless for me.

What's worse, is their tech support a while back told me that +Mesh was going to support non-sena device, which I foolishly bought and believed was just a simple firmware update away . Sena is leaving money on the table and trying to kill a legit use of their MeshPort unit. To me that's not acceptable.

I also bought the MeshPort Red, after their firmware bricked the Blue unit for my Cardo. I was hoping I can pipe audio from my Phone to my Cardo, so no future Sena FW update can stop this setup. The Red unit won't even connect to my Pixel 4 phone...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]