SENA BLUETOOTH - Inmate's Special GROUP BUY!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RocketMoto, Apr 25, 2010.

1. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Our website is in a sorry state at present. We have 20S's in stock, and a zillion other items that aren't on the site.

Wish we could find a Web developer and designer that isn't a flake. :becca
    dooby likes this.
  2. motorock

motorock Explorer

Oddometer:
    Depending on what your needs are, I or people I know could help you with that. Let me know if you are still looking.
  3. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    Off-topic a bit ................
    I have the SMH10B and find that while all of my music plays at a reasonable volume ... downloaded podcasts are to low of a volume to hear....
    I selected all podcasts and then did: Get Info --> Options --> set volume to +100% but even doing that the podcasts are not as loud as my music.
    I've checked my iphone and it is at max volume when playing podcasts ..............
    anybody else seen this issue?

Thanks!
  4. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    Ok ... commenting on my own question:
    One thing I found was that some of my podcasts were only playing thru one speaker...
    Not Sena's fault, that's apparently how they were recorded ...
    Going into iPhone Settings --> General --> Accessibility --> enable "mono audio" mixes both left & right streams and play it thru both speakers ... not so hot for music, but for podcasts ... who cares

In other news:
    Is anybody else's SMH10 outer shell getting sticky?

The rubbery parts of both of mine have turned almost to fly-paper consistency :(
    kailuasurfer likes this.
  5. porterrad

porterrad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The body of my 4+ year old SMH10 started getting sticky a year ago. The knob is ok. Armor All helps - a little.
    Any other suggestions?

My battery will no longer last thru a 12 hour riding day w/o partial recharging once during the day, but otherwise the SMH10 works better than new due to firmware updates. Pretty good for 4+ year old tech I think.
    JRWooden likes this.
  6. CO-or-bust

CO-or-bust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Temporary: Jersey (long story...), Goal: 'rado
    "Pretty good for 4+ year old tech...". I agree. Especially considering we're talking about "tech" that's facing some pretty tough environmental impacts --- FULLY 100% exposed to 90+ and down around freezing, wind, RAIN, speeds up to (and for some of you, over) 85mph, bouncing through rough rocky trails and terrain, etc. etc. etc....
    Benduro likes this.
  7. CMantis

CMantis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got a usb battery backup thingy so I can charge while riding. I actually got it to use with the 10c but also found my smh5fm fits the same mount so can bring as a backup. Trick though is getting a battery backup that wont auto shut down with the 1.6a draw.
  8. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    I very much like my SMH10 ... some of the best money I ever spent... and yeah ... mine will still go 10hrs+

I'll give the armor-all a go!

Although on my last ride I could not pair up with my buddy's SMH5 ...
    We tried everything but no-go ........... I need to try that again...
    There is a firmware update for the SMH5 that I don't think he installed..........
  9. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    RocketMoto likes this.
  10. RidingObsession.com

RidingObsession.com n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey, all ... I'm sorta here as an outsider (I'm more of a sportbike guy). Anyhow, we get a LOT of inquires about Travis B's instructions for the SMH5 battery replacement + others who ask about the SMH10. I just finished a tutorial for the SMH10 complete with video.

It's located here: https://www.theridingobsession.com/?p=16774 ... not too hard, really.

Respect and regards.
    JRWooden and CO-or-bust like this.
  11. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    THANK YOU. We appreciate the referral!
  12. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    so I've had a pair of SMH10B units since shortly after they were introduced....
    Still work fine and batteries still giving good life, but the soft rubbery parts of the outside of both units are getting sticky ...
    Has anybody experimented with any chemical / cleaning substances that are able to reverse this?
  13. porterrad

porterrad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Armor All helped reduce the stickiness on my 5 year old SMH10. It didn't totally fix it, but it made a significant improvement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  14. RidingObsession.com

RidingObsession.com n00b

Oddometer:
    Man, that's a great question. I remember as a new rider buying a matte black helmet ($99 junk) and washing it with soapy water ... oops. Microfiber only compounded the problem ... double oops.

Armor all ... nice! What about evaporative electronics or even non-toxic glass cleaner?

I figure if I use glass cleaner to put hosing back into place (it eventually dries/evaps), it might be good for something like this.
  15. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    Well... it seems I'm a tad forgetful....
    I posted the same question last sept. further up this page ... sheezzzzzzzzzzzzz :photog

I have some "armor-all" made by Wurth supposed to be top-notch stuff that they use @ lexus and etc...
    Anyway ... the results were not impressive ....

I started thinking about trying brake cleaner, carb. cleaner, electrical contact cleaner, starting fluid or one of the other many "agressive" chemicals on my shelf but ... decided to waive it off...
    for fear of destroying the poor thing ....... :lol2
  16. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Updated the first post in this thread.

Our group buy on all Sena products has been running for over seven years. Thank you to the thousands of our fellow inmates for supporting our business.
  17. mpenner

mpenner Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer:
    I have bought from RocketMoto a couple of different times and can tell you that they are a great operation that stands behind their products with information, advice, and service and offer a good price.

Do yourself a favor and buy your Sena stuff from them!

Sent from my cave using smoke signals
    JRWooden likes this.
  18. PowersUSA

PowersUSA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not to be a pest, but what's the typical turnaround time on answering PMs?
  19. Dorzok

Dorzok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why don't u pm him and ask?
  20. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    I'm planning a long trip with several mates, and they have been told that if we pair our sena 20S units together that intercom mode is on all of the time....
    I currently have an SMH10 that I'll be upgrading but with that unit the intercom only kicked in when I pushed in the jog button to talk, or one of the other guys did the same. then we could push the button again to go back to silence, music, directions, or whatever...

Am I missing something - or is there now an option for an "always on" intercom mode and someone may be thinking that's the ONLY way it works?