SENA BLUETOOTH - Inmate's Special GROUP BUY!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RocketMoto, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Trixie

Trixie Adventurer in my own mind

Oddometer:
    I can toggle my 20S intercom and and off as needed. Although I've only synched up two others, I can hit it to talk to only one person, the other, or both of them.
  2. marco polo

marco polo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had an SMH10, like you, and I upgraded to the 10S a year ago. Friends have the 20S, and they all essentially operate the same way insofar as the intercom function is concerned. Once paired, you tap the jog dial to connect with another user, and you can tap again to disconnect. That said, with my frequent riding partner, we often leave the devices connected, so we can have instant communication, without the time lag needed to reconnect. We find it safer that way, for example, to warn the other of a traffic hazard etc. We have often left our two intercoms connected all day, and still had enough juice in the battery. I think that's all you're hearing about. There's no new magic technology. It's the user's choice whether to stay connected to another user.
  3. Trixie

Oddometer:
    Sena also has a new app out, Sena Connect, that allows you to use your cellular service as the link between group members. Useful in some environments, not so much in others.
    Benduro likes this.
  4. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Jim:

I believe you're referring to the 'audio multitasking' capability of the 20S. With this enabled, you can hear GPS instructions while you're on the intercom, or music in the background while you're on intercom. With the other Senas, when there's a GPS alert, it interrupts the intercom, and you can't listen to music and be on intercom at the same time.

Hope that helps.
  5. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    Thanks all!

In short, I think the guy that said with the intercom it is "all talk all the time" was doing something wrong ... :lol3
    From what y'all have said it does what I though it would do ;-) ...
    and a bit more ... I didn't know that if more than two units were paired you could select just one of the paired parties to talk with ...

:clap
  6. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    I was not able to connect my 10 to a 20.
    Is there something special to get these to pair or is it not possible?
  7. Trixie

Oddometer:
    Make sure everyone's firmware is up to date. I have a 20s, both buddies have 10's. I was able to connect to both and have individual and 3 way conversations with both.
  8. Shooplick

Shooplick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recently lost my 10 will a 10s fit and work on a 10 base?
  9. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Yes, the SM10 Bluetooth main unit will fit on a 10S clamp unit, and similarly, the 10S main unit will mount right up to an SMH10 clamp unit. :ricky

Please give us a ring if we can help, 603.821.9588. We have goodies in-stock at our shop, and ship immediately.
  10. Jjmcmast

Jjmcmast n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm seriously considering replacing my smh10 with a 10r using a remote control because I find that I'm a bit clumsy with the jog dial function and I'm also finding that the mount no longer holds the smh10 properly in place, causing one channel to drop out. I've replaced the base once already (in 5 years or so of use).

I've noted that there are 2 types of handlebar mount remote controls, a 4 button unit and another that looks like it has a jog button on it. There is also a wristband remote and a 3 button remote.

Are you able to advise on the differences in these units and which one you would recommend. I listen to music all the time to drown out the tinnitus, accept phone calls, occasionally make them and have my GPS paired up.
  11. motorock

motorock Explorer

Oddometer:
    Probably not the right place to post but anyone having issues with latest firmware update on the SMH10R ? Mine now keeps trying to connect and disconnect to other intercoms and even starts the music on my phone on its own!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
  12. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Did you delete all of the pairings after the new firmware and then re-pair devices, again? Try a factory reset? Have you tried doing a fault reset?
  13. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    5.5 years on ADVRider and this is your first post? Wuzzupwiddat? :confused

Chances are that the SMH10 has an issue on account of how it's mounted. I'd says 75% of helmets are better using the adhesive mount, rather than the clamp-on mount. If the contour of the helmet's shell and the curved back of the SMH10 clamp unit aren't compatible, it will ultimately cause just the issue you describe.

We've yet to sell the 4-button remote, so I can't offer much help on that one. The other handlebar remote, doesn't have a jog dial, rather a joy stick type button that is easy to operate. I use this one on my bikes and like it. Likewise, we've never had a call for the wristband remote. The 3 button remote, riders seem to like, although I haven't used one myself. We have these in stock, as well as the 10R. Give us a ring for the inmate's prices, 603.821.9588, 10-5 eastern time.
  14. motorock

motorock Explorer

Oddometer:
    Sorry didn't reply earlier but finally did the factory reset and re-paired devices and it got worse. If not connected to any intercom, it now keeps saying intercom failed every five seconds .... Beyond annoying.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
  15. Turbo Ghost

Turbo Ghost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My searches have been less than fruitful to say the least so, I'll ask here. I just got a zumo 550 and I want to use it for my navigation. I have the SMH10b. I tried it out this weekend and it appears I cannot listen to my music through the phone AND receive voice info from the Garmin. I read in one of my searches about pairing the phone to the Garmin and listening to my music that way but, they said the sound quality was very poor. If I pair it this way, will the phone button on the Sena still function the same? Pros/cons of this setup? Am I just not setting something up correctly?
  16. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Did you purchase your Sena from Rocket Moto? If so, please call us, and we'll help you get it sorted out. If not, please call Sena or the dealer where you purchased for help.
  17. motorock

motorock Explorer

Oddometer:
    I actually don't remember where I got it from and Sena hasn't really responded...thought inmates here would have an idea. Will try Sena again. Thanks for the tips.
  18. Cogswell

Cogswell Trying to live the new normal.

Oddometer:
    Re: Poor sound quality, I have found through trial and error the sound quality is much better if I power on the Sena unit first. I let it get settled and then I power on my GPS.
    I have my music loaded onto the GPS and source it from there, I do no have or want my phone in the loop at this time.

YMMV
    Good Luck :thumb
  19. Turbo Ghost

Turbo Ghost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I'm riding I use Pandora to listen to music. I prefer not knowing what's coming (usually) next although, if I want I can play albums or playlists since I have Pandora Premium.
  20. pike

pike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is the group buy still on? Tried to find the rocketmoto.com website and it wouldn't load