Sena Bluetooth - Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Systems

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by SenaBluetooth, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Billb596

Billb596 Rocky Mtn High

Oddometer:
    Can you tell me the difference between the NEXX X.COM X.T1 and th Sena smh10r? I need a headset for my new Nexx helmet and I'm not sure what to go with. I have the Nexx XD1 helmet

Sent using my secret decoder ring!
  2. Flyinace1

Flyinace1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven't heard of the utter app and it's probably been about a year since I looked for a suitable app. I should probably look again, since a year is a long time for technology
  3. wangmengj

wangmengj n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello Everyone!

I recently bought a Sena 20S headset, and I would like to use it with my wired two-way radio. However at the same time when I just trying to buy SR10 adapter, I found the Sena Handlebar Remote which looks so cool!

Here is the question, if I use my two-way radio (with SR10) and the Handlebar Remote together, do I need to install BOTH of the SR10 (or a wired PTT button) and the Handlebar Remote together on my left grip ?

It would be fantastic if one of the button on the Handlebar Remote can be used as a PTT button.

Thanks and waiting for a reply.
    BR

Mengjia, Wang
  4. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    I hadn't even heard of the Sena Handlebar remote until you just mentioned it and I looked it up. Seeing how it only lists these units below as the compatible models, my answer would be yes, you still need the PTT button wired directly to the SR10. Unless this handle bar remote can be paired with the SR10, it doesn't seem likely it could take the place of the dedicated SR10 PTT. It seems like this handlebar remote is more a less a different way control the below units, but none of that will actually activate the PTT on the Sena SR10 with a 2 way radio hooked up. Now the SR10 does have basically a big PTT button built into it, but the little handlebar one works much better IMOP.

• 20S Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication System
    • 10C Motorcycle Bluetooth Camera & Communication System
    • 10U Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication System with Handlebar Remote Control
  5. Deviant

Deviant aka KTM 1290SAdvR

Oddometer:
    Spec wise they are identical. But the Xcom has larger buttons and is easier to operate. Looks better too.
    [​IMG]
  6. ZenBobWay

ZenBobWay n00b

Oddometer:
    I just got a Nexx X.D1 helmet and needed to mount my Sena 20S to it. Because the XD1 has the X-COM mount, it can get in the way of the 20S mounting hardware. I found a fairly easy way to get the 20S mount to fit beautifully. However, there is some nominal risk.

Maybe start by watching the Nexx youtube video "How to remove and place the inner lining". Don't do like I did and try prying off the outer lining, that would be bad. There's also a video titled "How to install the X-COM" which will show you how to run the speaker and mic wires, which is similar enough to the 20S to be useful.

Remove the left and right inner cheek pads. Remove the top of the rear pad.
    Remove the X-COM cover.
    Here's the tricky part :evil there's a plastic frame that is under the X-COM cover (the cover screws into), and under that is some perforated cloth. Pry in one side of the bottom of the frame, then the other side to get the frame half way out. Then do the top to remove the plastic frame.

I used some wire cutters to open up the gap on the bottom of the frame, maybe 4mm each side? Just enough so the back side of the 20S mount will slide through there, under the outer shell lining.
    [​IMG]

Put the plastic frame back in. Put the X-COM cover back on. Attach your mic and speakers. Loosely assemble the 20S frame and slide it in (oh baby). Tighten the mount screws and slide the 20S unit on to the mount.
    [​IMG]

My only concern is, if the back of the mount is pushing out on the X-COM cover, those two little screws might not hold. With everything clamped down, it seems ok. YMMV.
    [​IMG]
    mjmsbrown, mosey.levy and aredington like this.
  7. Flyinace1

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I have a Sena SMH-10B. I've had it for a couple years and never had a problem with it until a couple days ago. It won't turn on at all. I charged it to make sure it wasn't dead and it still won't turn on. When I was charging it the light did come on.
    Any ideas what could be wrong?
  8. bighopper

bighopper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was the light red or blue. Red = charge. Blue = Charged
    Also SMH-10B? or is it the SMH-10R (thin unit)?
  9. Flyinace1

Oddometer:
    It is the SMH10B (first line of 1st post lol)
    It was the red, but not for too long since I had charged it only a couple uses prior then it was blue once fully charged
  10. BlueLghtning

Oddometer:
    Have you tried plugging it into a PC to see if it recognizes it?

How about pushing the fault reset on the back of the unit?

Last resort would be a factory reset, but not sure if you can even do that if you can't turn it on?
  11. M2

M2 where 2 ride today?

Oddometer:
    It has been a while since I posted here but I think I found the problem. The GPS had 2 phones listed on the screen, The Casio plus some generic phone. I deleted both of those and left the phone's bluetooth turned off and the intercom worked. Now I switched over and got a Smart? phone. A galaxy S3. Old I know but for now that is where I am. So, Any word of wisdom before I try to pair the S3? I would kind of like to use the Zumo 550 to see who's calling, but I want to get music from the phone to the SENA. Maybe I should leave the Zumo out of the picture as far as phone?

Thanks
  12. BlueLghtning

Oddometer:
    Since it is Android, you can split the BT pairing pretty easily. Basically pair the phone to the Zumo as a phone. It will only pair with the HFP connection as that all the Zumo 550 has. Next read the Sena manual to pair the S3 and Sena SMH10 as a media only pairing. Once it pairs and you click on the BT menu for the Sena headset and look at options or settings, you should see where the "media" box is checked, but the phone box is unchecked. This basically tells the phone when it connects to the Sena headset, only connect with the A2DP connection.

So in this configuration, your phone calls will go through the Zumo and your music will go straight to the headset from the S3.
  13. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My somewhat related problem is sometimes I have a GPS, sometimes I have a different GPS, sometimes I have neither. And if the phone is paired to either GPS... then the app on the phone doesn't see the 20S.

I know that the result is how BT is "supposed" to work, but man, I wish there were ITTT (If This Then That) profiles to guide what gets connected.
  14. BlueLghtning

Oddometer:
    Even though Sena doesn't really mention it, I think they are capable of remembering more than one connection. Maybe not Two GPS's, not sure?

I was going to say if it's just one GPS sometimes just the phone, you pair the phone to the Sena so it works stand alone, but you also pair it to the GPS. If you turn the GPS on first on the HFP profile and then the headset will connect to the phone on the A2DP profile only.

I have no idea about the app an the 20S since I have no experience with that?

I just started messing around with ITTT and yeah profiles would be good for that.

There is another Android app called Tasker where you can basically automate the way your phone behaves under certain conditions and depending on what it is connected to. I never got the hang of it though, but it might be something that would help there too?
  15. dwoodward

Oddometer:
    If you have success with that, a precise order of events for pairing would be appreciated. "Pairing", not "turning on devices". My phone's always on, my headset typically stays on all day, the GPS tends to go on / off with the bike.

Every attempt I've had leave the GPS and Sena fighting for the phone.

I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never have the GPS, phone, and SR10 all at once, but when I have the SR10 going, I'm on the track, so the phone and GPS are distractions I don't need anyway.
  16. BlueLghtning

Oddometer:
    You know the SR10 has it's own HFP connection too. :deal You could pair the GPS to the SR10 and then it would feed it's audio through that to your Sena headset. Of course the GPS can always be hard wired to the SR10, but why when you can BT it in. I used to pair a 2nd mobile phone to my SR10 when I had to carry 2 phones.
  17. dwoodward

Oddometer:
    Pushing the "which profile does it use" issue further down the chain?

The SR10 is specifically to interface to a Kenwood TK-series radio; 360 days a year, I don't use it. Using more parts than I need at any given time seems to be tempting fate...

I admit I'm a Luddite; I also think the BT spec committee missed the boat somewhat. I'm OK with being different.
  18. GCecchetto

GCecchetto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So, I have an interesting audio issue going on that I think is my Sena and I'm curios if anyone else is experiencing similar issue. I'm using my Sena 20S paired with my Garmin 590LM and also have my Note 3 paired with the Garmin as well. When listening to music the audio quality is fine, but spoken nav commands sound fuzzy. If I plug earbuds into the hardwired output from the Garmin, the spoken commands sound crystal clear.

Anyone else have this issue? The unit is only a couple of months old so this is frustrating.
  19. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Anyone here try pairing an Apple Watch to the SH10?

Mine will connect but it drops the phone when it does.
  20. BlueLghtning

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure I follow you, but the SR10 generally speaking is hooked to the Multi-point pairing profile on the SMH10. And the way the SR10 is configured, if you are in an intercom, the SR10 "mixes" it's audio in to your intercom only. It doesn't cut you off. I think it's the same if you happen to be on the phone. Now if you have music playing, it will pause the music, play the GPS instructions, then go back to music. That part can get a bit annoying if you have lots of GPS instructions coming through.

If you happened to have your Kenwood radio hooked up, the audio from the GPS would just come over with the Kenwood audio.