Sena Bluetooth - Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Systems

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by SenaBluetooth, Mar 18, 2014.

1. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    +1
  2. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ever since updating to the latest software, music cuts in/out. Could it be related or is my headset possibly getting old? I've had it for 3years or so.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  3. Texcollect

Texcollect Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer:
    I have the same issue. Going to revert to the previous version when I get a moment.
  4. SenaBluetooth

SenaBluetooth Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer:
    It sounds like a connection with the headset. I recommend removing the headset from the device you have it paired with (like a phone) and performing a "Factory Reset" on the headset. After performing a "Factory Reset", repair the headset back to the device you had it paired to before.
  5. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there any way to control what happens on the phone when you hit the phone button on the headset?

I haven't figured out the pattern yet (I assume there must be one), but sometimes I get Google Now and other times I get a voice dialer prompt. Ideally, I'd like to be able to configure it to the application of my choice (a voice memo app to be determined, once I find one that wants to work from the HFP connection).

I'm using a Google Nexus 5 running Android KitKat.

Thanks,
    Kevin
  6. Mike Ryder

Mike Ryder Kriegerkuh Supporter

Oddometer:
    20S ? waiting bad.
  7. Timpel

Timpel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are quite happy users of SMH10R devices as well. But we have some issues. First, the little pin in the connector broke, it was out of warranty but I got it fixed. All I want to say, is that the pins are way to fragile in my opinion. But that's that.

The other problem: I have a full-face helmet and the mic is patched to the inside of the chinpart of the helmet.
    My girlfriend has a flipup helmet (hjc symax 3) and she has the boom-mic. Now when she breaths or when there's a little bit of wind blowing, my earphones are screaming this very unpleasant sound. Horrible. Is there a way to eliminate that? Off course we've been fiddling around with the angle of the mic but it seems like it's either to low (pickin up wind) or to high (nose breathing sounds). She has not have a cold or anything so nothing funny there. We have the latest firmware installed (v.5). And she has no problems at all in regards to those sounds.

thanx in advance.
  8. RedBean25

RedBean25 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd like to see how people have their boom mic installed in their Nolan helmets. Mine hits the chin spoiler when I open and close the helmet which knocks off the foam cover. It's always in the way, so I removed the foam and tucked the mic off to the side. I avoid using it. Anyone with pics or suggestions?
  9. zeeede

zeeede Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've had no problem with wind noise with a boom mike in a symax 3. First, check to make sure the microphone is pointed in the right direction. Right where the microphone meets the boom there's a triangle pressed in on one side and a tab sticking out on the other. The tab should be facing AWAY from her face. The triangle should be facing toward. I rode with mine facing the wrong way for over a year!

Second, mine came with a little black plastic "cap" to go over the back of the microphone under near the fuzzy microphone cover (she's using the fuzzy cover, right?) If that's not in place, try clipping that onto the back of the mic.

Third, I use a chin curtain on the bottom of my helmet. That will hep reduce wind noise coming into the helmet, though they can be a bit fiddly with opening and closing the flip front (especially with a boom mic). Have her give one of those a shot.
  10. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:
    You will want to first go into the Settings app and select the Application Manager. Under the list that shows "All" of the apps on your phone, you will want to select the app that is being activated when you press the phone button which will either be Google Search or your voice dialer app. Scroll down until you see the "Clear Defaults". If you are able to select it then do so. This will clear the setting that it does not get activated every time you press the phone button. Now, you will be able to choose which app to launch when you press the phone button and whether or not to do it every time you press the phone button or that one time.
  11. mrphotoman

mrphotoman Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I am chatting with someone on my headset and have my google nexus 7 2013 model connected, using it as a gps and it announces a turn, will it interrupt our conversation where i can hear the directions?

Thanks
  12. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:
    You will not be able to hear it because the GPS on the phone is using the A2DP Bluetooth profile which has a lower priority than communication through either the intercom or a phone call.
  13. Timpel

Timpel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mic is positioned in the right way. Triangle towards face.
    Ours did not come with this plastic cap neither did it come with a fussy cover?!

The chin curtains has just been ordered. She made something like a chincurtain herself out of an old raincoat and that dramaticly recduced the noise. But the genuine one is coming.
    Thanks for your comments. I should have a look where to find the fussy cover. Sena, would you be able to help out here?

Also, we have this problem at driving at a 120km/h that the earphones are not loud enough on maximum volume, with our earplugs in. Any way to break through the maximum volume level?
  14. Perkio

Perkio Just "Perk" Please.

Oddometer:
    You're probably not following the instructions.
    they tell you that placement of the speakers is very critical to achieving full volume.
    try moving the speakers up or down front or back until you achieve best volume.
    you can even move the helmet around some on your head without detaching the speakers to try to find the best location.
  15. Nesbocaj

Nesbocaj The NEW Soylent Green Deal???

Oddometer:
    Keep up the good work Sena!

Great product with great- support, features and a steady stream of updates.
    :D
  16. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    My equipment:
    Sena SMH-10
    Nokia Lumia 520 Windows phone

Wife's equipment:
    Sena SMH-10
    Apple iPod Touch

Problem:
    My Sena picks up my wife's iPod music (she's on another bike). Her iPod is taking precedence over my Nokia. I've cleared pairings, from intercoms, phone and iPod and started fresh. Running the latest firmware on both the Sena's and my Nokia phone. After a lot of jog dial tapping, ect to get my Sena to play my music from the Nokia... as soon as she turns on her music, my Sena switches from my music to the music on her iPod (which we both hear simultaneously).

Any ideas would be appreciated!
  17. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:
    The SMH10R does not come with the same plastic cap that the SMH10 has because the shape of the microphones are different. However, your SMH10R should of come packaged with a pair of foam microphone covers (if its a dual pack then 2 pairs of microphone covers). You can order a pack of 5 microphone covers from our online store here http://www.buysena.com/powersports/smh10r/sc-a0109.html if you can't find the foam microphone covers that came with your headset.
  18. Timpel

Timpel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. I might have the foam covers, but they are in a box on the other side of the world. But we bought a little yellow dishwasher sponge, cut in in a square, poked a hole in it, put it over the boom mic and the problem is gone.
  19. Rider

Rider Spectacularly Correct

Oddometer:
    Necessity is the mother of invention. :deal :lol3
  20. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:
    Sent you a PM about your issue.